Community Mod broken after most recent update

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone else have this problem? I like some of the tweaks the Community mod provides, but my game crashes after I tried to load my latest saved game. Is the solution just to wait for the mod creator to update it?

after the latest small update all my saved games with kingdom created cannot be loaded. And new campaing cannot be started With some mods, checking which one

Last edited:
after the latest small update all my saved games with kingdom created cannot be loaded. And new campaing cannot be started With some mods, checking which one
it was Garrison dont eat nor starve - mod that causes the crash. Now i can start new campaing without it and Community mod. Or continue the old, from the point where I form my owm kingdom

it was Garrison dont eat nor starve - mod that causes the crash. Now i can start new campaing without it and Community mod. Or continue the old, from the point where I form my owm kingdom

Lucky you. I am on 1.4.1 and my games are just gone until all mods I use (26 atm) are updated. Which will take loads of time.

Caravans give trade XP broken, causes crash on campaign map.

Assassinate mod broken, crash when clicking: Assassinate

Just a suggestion for everyone who is (understandably) frustrated with issues with mod compatibility: you probably want to be playing on the stable branch, and NOT on the latest stable branch if you want to be 100% safe (so currently that would have you play on 1.3.1). Expecting mod stability in the beta branch is obviously not possible, but the latest stable patch is also not without risk since devs have to make changes to fix broken features.

I am personally playing without any mods at all myself, and I think that that is the wisest course of action for two reasons: 1) You really can't give feedback and report bugs reliably if you have a mod installed, and I think it is in everyone's best interest that as many people as possible do that so that development can move forward as quickly as possible, and 2) I don't think that dealing with mods in an EA game with no official mod support is worth the headache. I honestly think it is amazing that it is even possible to have mods at this stage of development, I don't know of any other EA game that allows mods of the scope that Bannerlord has.

With that said, I understand that some people are not as patient and would rather have a better experience right now. My suggestion in that case is, stick with the second before last stable patch.

Just a suggestion for everyone who is (understandably) frustrated with issues with mod compatibility: you probably want to be playing on the stable branch, and NOT on the latest stable branch if you want to be 100% safe (so currently that would have you play on 1.3.1). Expecting mod stability in the beta branch is obviously not possible, but the latest stable patch is also not without risk since devs have to make changes to fix broken features.

But they push the great stuff on beta only! :grin:

I'm still playing 1.2.1 with about 60+ Mods. I'm having such a blast and seriously can't imagine wanting to update the game only to be forced to go through the nightmare of having to totally redo my entire mod line up, one mod at a time, to figure out which is crashing the game or which is conflicting with other mods. Not to mention losing all of my saved games. It's assumed I'll lose all my saves whenever I update the game. No thanks.

I won't be updating the game any time soon. At least not until substantial changes to the overall experience are made. No reason to break a wonderful experience for minor tweaks every few weeks. Hell I may play 1.2.1 forever.

I'm still playing 1.2.1 with about 60+ Mods. I'm having such a blast and seriously can't imagine wanting to update the game only to be forced to go through the nightmare of having to totally redo my entire mod line up, one mod at a time, to figure out which is crashing the game or which is conflicting with other mods. Not to mention losing all of my saved games. It's assumed I'll lose all my saves whenever I update the game. No thanks.

I won't be updating the game any time soon. At least not until substantial changes to the overall experience are made. No reason to break a wonderful experience for minor tweaks every few weeks. Hell I may play 1.2.1 forever.
Welp, Imo 1.3, 1.4 and 4.1 beta are ABSOLUTE blast. But if you are enjoying :smile: I had troubles with mods before too, but launcher fixed it for me xD

Welp, Imo 1.3, 1.4 and 4.1 beta are ABSOLUTE blast. But if you are enjoying :smile: I had troubles with mods before too, but launcher fixed it for me xD

Hugo got the point though - there is ABSOLUTELY NO FEATURE introduced after 1.2.1 that mods would not do already, most of the time more in depth and without that many bugs.

Community patch with many perk fixes (+partysize for fiefs, Xbow / Longow on horse, +growth, +taxrate, all faction perks fix etc...) that up until today are not fixed on vanilla
Diplomacy mods (varied) have peace treaties, alliances almost since day 14 after release
Revolutions/rebelions/improved defections
UI fixes
(recruit all, QOL etc)
Autocalc improvements
Anti snowball mechanisms
(attrition, war exhaustion etc)
Garrison (autorecruitment and upgrading to the tier u want)
Expanded bandits and minor bandit factions (custom spawns and events like pirate invasions with their own hideouts)
Random events
Improved Battles/AI
(Better collision models, fixed siege AI, siege engines HP balance, Long distance party reinforcement (no more being fked when 1 party catches you right outside of group reinforcement zone)
All kinds of flavour armor / damage rebalances (Armor does something seem to be one of the best) balancing archers and piercing damage
Faction unit fixes (skills and equipment) this was amended on almost day 1 by modders. Remember all those units with bow skill that does not have bow? Also ulfhednars had chainmail on most Sturgian fix mods from the very beginning.

It really seem that devs try to slowly catch up to mods, but doing it with the most convoluted and hard to implement way possible.
Think about for how long Khuzait is OP due to insane +50% when attacking cav bonus + movement speed bonus and sturgia that all the time gets wrecked from day 1. Mods fixed that long time ago.

I really think tw needs to show more respect for modders. Not only will they be the future content creators but they are currently fixing much of what is broken in the game or over looked.

These ghost patches need to calm down a bit.

Hugo got the point though - there is ABSOLUTELY NO FEATURE introduced after 1.2.1 that mods would not do already, most of the time more in depth and without that many bugs.

Community patch with many perk fixes (+partysize for fiefs, Xbow / Longow on horse, +growth, +taxrate, all faction perks fix etc...) that up until today are not fixed on vanilla
Diplomacy mods (varied) have peace treaties, alliances almost since day 14 after release
Revolutions/rebelions/improved defections
UI fixes
(recruit all, QOL etc)
Autocalc improvements
Anti snowball mechanisms
(attrition, war exhaustion etc)
Garrison (autorecruitment and upgrading to the tier u want)
Expanded bandits and minor bandit factions (custom spawns and events like pirate invasions with their own hideouts)
Random events
Improved Battles/AI
(Better collision models, fixed siege AI, siege engines HP balance, Long distance party reinforcement (no more being fked when 1 party catches you right outside of group reinforcement zone)
All kinds of flavour armor / damage rebalances (Armor does something seem to be one of the best) balancing archers and piercing damage
Faction unit fixes (skills and equipment) this was amended on almost day 1 by modders. Remember all those units with bow skill that does not have bow? Also ulfhednars had chainmail on most Sturgian fix mods from the very beginning.

It really seem that devs try to slowly catch up to mods, but doing it with the most convoluted and hard to implement way possible.
Think about for how long Khuzait is OP due to insane +50% when attacking cav bonus + movement speed bonus and sturgia that all the time gets wrecked from day 1. Mods fixed that long time ago.

Or QoL mods - settlement icons, party screen enhancements, better time, faster dialogue, cultured start is great etc.

But, let us not miss the point - while modders do one small thing, TW has to manage the game as whole and deal with bugs on really large scale. If game is crashing because of something we all have in the game, they need to focus on that. Yes, it can suck, I had to throw my campaign away again, but already rebooted new char and im kickin it.

And everytime they add something new and it works and is stable, my heart jumps with joy. We´ll get places eventually, I am sure. :ú)

Back
Top Bottom