Community Map Project - ''Arathi Basin''

Users who are viewing this thread

Holy crap, I remember giving an attempt at making this back when the EPI first got into making their own maps.

I really hope this works out for you :grin: It will be a blast.

As they say, Great Sven's think alike.

830px-WorldMap-AlteracValley.jpg
Alterac Valley, anyone?

The main fighting would take place in the middle I guess, with cannons on both sides. So if one team eventually succeeds in pushing the enemy back the battle would push further into the defender's base, so maybe that would also trigger a small siege battle inside a conquest map.

And since I can't map for christ's sake, it's up to you guys. :wink:

I think Alterac Valley would be too big for NW, I think maybe Isle of Conquest would be a bit better. Just for the fact that you have some flags that are out of the way and you can also have the fort to breach towards the end. Would also like to see how you could incorporate sappers into it with their crates of bombs and such ^^.
Don't know how you would get the leader at the end though.

lot of bridges to be blown up once you've captured more than half of the bases in conquest, maybe some dirt river crosses or are planks useable to cross rivers with those?

Berethorn said:
lot of bridges to be blown up once you've captured more than half of the bases in conquest, maybe some dirt river crosses or are planks useable to cross rivers with those?

I saw a post by a dev, I believe, somewhere that they'll add pontoon bridges. Would probably fulfill your idea.

Back
Top Bottom