***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

man i've seen so many comments stating how incompetent they are and still managed to take enough money to make you salty.
The game was never 80 at its highest price pick it was 60 :grin:. I got it for 30

I couldn't see these included in the post.

-Being a vassal, king, lowlife, trader, blacksmith etc. should shape the way dialogues are formed. As a king after entering into your town/village and getting "Go fetch me 10 sack of grain boy." type of missions from local traders are mood and RP killers like nothing else.

-At the start of the game we shouldn't be able to talk to kings, vassals and etc. till we have some renown. Why would a king talk to a god damn peasant?

-Peace negotiations should be made face to face by kings/queens on a negotiation table. Which should be easy as the game already has AI calculation for trading which can be implemented into negotiation of peace.

Did not update list to take into account the things in beta release patch 1.0.4 which improved/resolved issues from this list, or implemented features:

* Bugfixes and crash fixes.

Made this last night and will probably not finish it for a few more weeks

Does anyone know if someone else has already made a collection with the same principles?

Made this last night and will probably not finish it for a few more weeks

Does anyone know if someone else has already made a collection with the same principles?
Very nice! Good luck on your endeavours, I'll be keeping an eye on this collection

Updated list to take into account the things in beta release patch r1.1.0 which improved/resolved issues from this list, or implemented features:

* Bugfixes and crash fixes.
* Performance improvements.
* New feature: Added the ability for main character to retire (by entering Hermit's Cottage near Lageta).
* New feature: Added the ability to control back alleys and gain gold and bandit troops from them.
* Raiding reworked and rebalanced for better rewards.
* Fixed insufficient number of companion spawns.
* Crown models are now added to faction rulers.
* Completed addition of NPC voiceovers.
* New Feature: Ability to filter troops and assign heroes to formations as ordinary troops in OOB.
* New armour pieces have been distributed to most troops and nobles.
* Modding improvements.

Last edited:
Enable editing troop trees and their equipment. So that you could play a unique looking kingdom/culture which doesn't look like a mix of Calradian kingdoms.

Enable locking heroes equipments, so that they would NOT look like a mix of Calradian heroes with mixed armors and weapons.

I'm trying to play a Egyptian looking kingdom with Central-Asian allies. I got mods that helped equipping them, but them heroes still change their equipments. Also I have a mod saving/loading heroes, but can't load them equipped: need to equip them every time.

Last edited:
Updated list to take into account the things in beta release patch r1.1.0 which improved/resolved issues from this list, or implemented features:
What are your thoughts on the progress Taleworlds is making?

They do seem to be adding a bit of new content each patch and it hasn't changed with release.

What are your thoughts on the progress Taleworlds is making?

They do seem to be adding a bit of new content each patch and it hasn't changed with release.
Thanks for asking. Cautiously optimistic, after 1.1. Out of their Release Plans features mentioned, they only have three to go:

Pushing down siege ladders that have troops on them (which shouldn't be  too far off since they showed a demo of it working, right?).
Ordering troops to attack specific formations.
Civil war claimants (which I'm excited to see what they'll do with, especially if it provides postgame content, though even if it's just a clone of the Warband function I'll be satisfied).

With these features done there are two possibilities. Either A: they declare the game feature complete and switch to minimal effort patches. Or B: they begin putting maximum effort into bugfixing and balancing the existing features that need it.

If they do B, then the game may actually be fun by the end of the year, judging by their current pace of work.

The lack of statement on other missing Warband features - eg feasts, manhunters, skill boosts, bandit/ trap/escape/assassin/drunk/duel fights, is worrying. Without these or something that fills a similar function, Bannerlord may become a good game but will not be a good sequel.

There needs to be a reason to enter the wonderful cities apart from war. In battle i don't stop to look around. I i do mean it of the two cities i have looked in there have do a stellar job they are great. But there's no reason to enter apart from a hair cut. In feasts you would enter the Keep. Maybe some other reasons to enter cities and villages need to be made other than taking the ally ways. This game screams to more than a battle sim.

There needs to be a reason to enter the wonderful cities apart from war. In battle i don't stop to look around. I i do mean it of the two cities i have looked in there have do a stellar job they are great. But there's no reason to enter apart from a hair cut. In feasts you would enter the Keep. Maybe some other reasons to enter cities and villages need to be made other than taking the ally ways. This game screams to more than a battle sim.
Second that.
I like to sometimes take a walk trough the beautiful cities, but they are useless.
I think, gang fights are the only use.

Second that.
I like to sometimes take a walk trough the beautiful cities, but they are useless.
I think, gang fights are the only use.
Yeah i normaly play 95% of the time a good person in game and the crime parts is not for me personally. But at least they added something new. I would like the villages to be a gift like a city. it would work like if you own a village the npc who own the city is your boss and gives you missions. Plus upgrades for village like building walls and things. The king/queen would have the capital city and and give the city holders missions. Then the game would have structure and a point. I you added wall to a village and a school ect you would want to have a look.

Yeah i normaly play 95% of the time a good person in game and the crime parts is not for me personally. But at least they added something new. I would like the villages to be a gift like a city. it would work like if you own a village the npc who own the city is your boss and gives you missions. Plus upgrades for village like building walls and things. The king/queen would have the capital city and and give the city holders missions. Then the game would have structure and a point. I you added wall to a village and a school ect you would want to have a look.
I mean, even adding the option to donate money to poor peasants or beggar seems like a barebones thing to put in at least (the dialogue is there); whether it gives a basic +1 relation or something too...Criminal rating should = chance for town ambush by bounties or other gangs. TBF, Warband barely had a reason too, so I guess that's one thing TW held true with keeping for the BL sequel.

I mean, even adding the option to donate money to poor peasants or beggar seems like a barebones thing to put in at least (the dialogue is there); whether it gives a basic +1 relation or something too...
It's weird how it's been half implemented - animations made, the NPC given a name and unique dialogue - and then forgotten.

I would make it so that when you give gold, it gives a little progress to your Mercy and Generosity traits, since those are so hard to gain through normal gameplay.
I guess that's one thing TW held true with keeping for the BL sequel
Yeah, Warband towns weren't really worth visiting in person either. But it is so mystifying that towns have been massively expanded in playable area and detail from WB while the amount of reasons to visit them is roughly the same. The alley fights are something, at least.

In a perfect world I would add stuff like

* Beggars as mentioned above
* "Cripples" who you can give medical attention to increase your Medicine skill and Mercy trait, and gain a small amount of denars
* "Bargain traders" who can only be found by walking the streets, and will offer you some goods for 10% cheaper than the current market rate in that town
* "Luxury goods dealers" who are guaranteed to sell rare items like crowns, so the player can get a crown when they become a ruler
* "Skill trainers" who can be paid gold to gain some XP in a specific skill to you or a companion, eg: there is a crossbow trainer in Galend, or riding trainer in Chaikand
* Each day, the first 5 people you talk to in a town/castle/village will grant some Charm XP, which scales with your current Charm level

Combine these with the existing alley fights and I would find myself choosing to spend a lot more time in the town scenes TW has obviously put so much effort into making.

It's weird how it's been half implemented - animations made, the NPC given a name and unique dialogue - and then forgotten.

I would make it so that when you give gold, it gives a little progress to your Mercy and Generosity traits, since those are so hard to gain through normal gameplay.

Yeah, Warband towns weren't really worth visiting in person either. But it is so mystifying that towns have been massively expanded in playable area and detail from WB while the amount of reasons to visit them is roughly the same. The alley fights are something, at least.

In a perfect world I would add stuff like

* Beggars as mentioned above
* "Cripples" who you can give medical attention to increase your Medicine skill and Mercy trait, and gain a small amount of denars
* "Bargain traders" who can only be found by walking the streets, and will offer you some goods for 10% cheaper than the current market rate in that town
* "Luxury goods dealers" who are guaranteed to sell rare items like crowns, so the player can get a crown when they become a ruler
* "Skill trainers" who can be paid gold to gain some XP in a specific skill to you or a companion, eg: there is a crossbow trainer in Galend, or riding trainer in Chaikand
* Each day, the first 5 people you talk to in a town/castle/village will grant some Charm XP, which scales with your current Charm level

Combine these with the existing alley fights and I would find myself choosing to spend a lot more time in the town scenes TW has obviously put so much effort into making.
I would also add upgrading item modifiers by talking to the respective item vendors or the blacksmith in the town scene (like in Viking Conquest). I would remove buying crowns and make crowns something we can only obtain by becoming the ruler similar to how we get unique items like Justicier and a banner when we swear vassalage.

Back
Top Bottom