***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

And when you talked to lords they would give you information on how the war was going and how well they were succeeding at their goals.

I still dont understand why these basics type game attributes werent put into Bannerlord? Like that shouldnt be that hard it was already done a decade ago? In a game that screams for meaningfulness -what MegaBrain made the decision that the series would do better without it? Ive said before and il say again - I think the combat varies from Very good to Fantastic in Bannerlord (alongside RBM of course) -but it sizzles out without the ability to feel or effect world dynamic in a fun way.

I still dont understand why these basics type game attributes werent put into Bannerlord? Like that shouldnt be that hard it was already done a decade ago? In a game that screams for meaningfulness -what MegaBrain made the decision that the series would do better without it? Ive said before and il say again - I think the combat varies from Very good to Fantastic in Bannerlord (alongside RBM of course) -but it sizzles out without the ability to feel or effect world dynamic in a fun way.
The idea here was "why put it in a conversation with a lord, where it would make sense organically if the player can just press a button and get the info immediately". This terrible menu based formula Taleworlds chose for Bannerlord destroyed any chance of immersion in the game. I understand a videogame must be a videogame, and taking such a "realistic" approach (lords should actually meet in courts and choose what they want, in my opinion) could become tedious, but at the same time, making the game depend SO much in menus makes the player disconnect from having an actual experience. It's like watching the action scenes of a movie without the context of the fights, many people would like that, for me, it's boring and it's a waste of time.

The idea here was "why put it in a conversation with a lord, where it would make sense organically if the player can just press a button and get the info immediately". This terrible menu based formula Taleworlds chose for Bannerlord destroyed any chance of immersion in the game. I understand a videogame must be a videogame, and taking such a "realistic" approach (lords should actually meet in courts and choose what they want, in my opinion) could become tedious, but at the same time, making the game depend SO much in menus makes the player disconnect from having an actual experience. It's like watching the action scenes of a movie without the context of the fights, many people would like that, for me, it's boring and it's a waste of time.
Yet, they think adding messengers ('phone calls') in the game makes it 'unrealistic'. So an omniscient encyclopedia is acceptable, yet a universal messenger system (which existed in RL) isn't? What about the instant 'boardroom' voting of wars/policies.
Half the excuses they use are bs and just lazy omission to fixing things or adding meaningful work.

Yet, they think adding messengers ('phone calls') in the game makes it 'unrealistic'. So an omniscient encyclopedia is acceptable, yet a universal messenger system (which existed in RL) isn't? What about the instant 'boardroom' voting of wars/policies.
Half the excuses they use are bs and just lazy omission to fixing things or adding meaningful work.
Same thing happens with marriage. To make everything quick, you can go to a lord, offer to get their daughter/sister into marriage and get married, right away, for a couple of denars, and then a small cutscene plays instantly, even if you're in the middle of nowhere in the grass. You don't even need to meet your wife first. They could have made a feast, where you actually had to pay for it, make everyone gather and letting time pass until that could even happen. Taleworlds broke the pacing of the game, because they wanted to make an arcade beat em up instead of a medieval simulator

Same thing happens with marriage. To make everything quick, you can go to a lord, offer to get their daughter/sister into marriage and get married, right away, for a couple of denars, and then a small cutscene plays instantly, even if you're in the middle of nowhere in the grass. You don't even need to meet your wife first. They could have made a feast, where you actually had to pay for it, make everyone gather and letting time pass until that could even happen. Taleworlds broke the pacing of the game, because they wanted to make an arcade beat em up instead of a medieval simulator
It's even dumber when marrying off family members. You just randomly get a notification out of nowhere that some stranger wants to marry your brother/sister/child, click OK, and boom--they're married.

My little sister started getting marriage offers before she even appeared in the world. Married her off to Caladog because it seemed advantageous at the time, and then she was gone and I never even got to meet her!

My little sister started getting marriage offers before she even appeared in the world. Married her off to Caladog because it seemed advantageous at the time, and then she was gone and I never even got to meet her!

Yo brother your really playing the game in a sentimental way....i go in so aggro maybe I should try that -actually caring about AI......

Still waiting for some of these updates to come through. Hope TW will take this stuff seriously.
In my opinion, the forums are at the brink of dying. There's nothing left to do here but to have pointless arguments about things we've talked about for years now. The devs don't care. This is it, this is the game we're getting.

The most frustrating thing about all this is that some of these issues seem so easy to fix but here they are ruining the game experience 2 years later. I just want a fun game damnit.

I would like the Relationship stat to work across the board so you can see people relations with each other. Then have the option through dialogue to change the views of and npc to increase or decrease their relations of someone. Also, the npc's should have the ability to execute anyone like the player can but it would be based on their relationship and traits. It's all there in the game but it's just dormant like an unfinished feature like workshops having a levels it's there but its unfinished.

In my opinion, the forums are at the brink of dying. There's nothing left to do here but to have pointless arguments about things we've talked about for years now. The devs don't care. This is it, this is the game we're getting.
Like it politics, Devs shouldn't make promises they can't keep.

I was just looking at the proposed updates for the future which was released on the web page a couple of months ago, they were talking about releasing a few things in the base model with the chances of a DLC coming. The criminal enterprise one looks interesting, that alone will be huge. But as I mentioned to one of the moderators on this page. "Will this be just like Warband was? They release the full version then that's it, game over. No more content additions." In which case it would be bull**** as this game has a lot of promise and can be taken a lot further

Like it politics, Devs shouldn't make promises they can't keep.

I was just looking at the proposed updates for the future which was released on the web page a couple of months ago, they were talking about releasing a few things in the base model with the chances of a DLC coming. The criminal enterprise one looks interesting, that alone will be huge. But as I mentioned to one of the moderators on this page. "Will this be just like Warband was? They release the full version then that's it, game over. No more content additions." In which case it would be bull**** as this game has a lot of promise and can be taken a lot further
Keyword 'chance'. Criminal enterprise was promised from the very beginning near 3 years ago now...and with how all their other promised 'features' were shipped out, it will a few menu clicks. Probably same as workshops, but aptly named 'hideout' or whatever.

Forums are dead, they clearly don't and haven't bothered listening to feedback. Only got the EA to get mass crash/bug testing in prep to dumb down elements for console (sucks they don't even get mods either) so they can get rush it and get the sales from both the last and current gen of consoles before the last gen interest fades away.

It's even dumber when marrying off family members. You just randomly get a notification out of nowhere that some stranger wants to marry your brother/sister/child, click OK, and boom--they're married.

Exactly, even though TW is a fan of all those menu buttons, they don't do one for that notification. I have to 'N' search before I click the notification button to make sure it's not some 50+yr old lord; god forbid there happens to be 2+ lords that share the same name.
Why doesn't the lord have to chase me down and trade me some denars (even if it's also only 1K or a single mule or something for me too lol).

At this point if TW have no intention of taking the game to the next level they should assemble a team of the best modders and pay them and see what they could do. Sort of like Viking Conquest Reforged but still built on Native.
Then TW can focus on their Space game which no one cares about nor ever asked for

At this point if TW have no intention of taking the game to the next level they should assemble a team of the best modders and pay them and see what they could do. Sort of like Viking Conquest Reforged but still built on Native.
Then TW can focus on their Space game which no one cares about nor ever asked for
I believe that the modders will take it to the next level, paid or not :smile:

Back
Top Bottom