***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Steam workshop is not required at all and is inferior to moddb and Nexus, but why you might ask?, easy answer. You can't change version when it updates it updates, moddb lists all versions, nexus also list more than one version.

Bannerlord is/will be a game that allows you to freeze a patch so having a specific version of a mod is useful.

Only newbies have never heard of moddb literally provides the biggest modding community ever with total conversion mods made by teams.

It's an insult and a crime not having played such a complete and grand game as Warband proclaim yourself to be a fan of the franchise, no way more like a graphichs whore, people like that avoid games like Warband and you missed one of the best games on Steam period.

If we call Bannerlord a planet then the mods for Warband is a universe, good way to compare content just to cut it out.

I mainly play Bannerlord for being able to create a family and smithing, otherwise i would only play Warband.

Last edited:
Updated list to take into account the things in patch 1.8.0 which improved/resolved issues from this list, or implemented features:

* Numerous bugfixes and crash fixes.
* Performance improvements.
* Added 4 new battle scenes.
* Added 6 new town scenes.
* Added 6 new Vlandian shoulder pieces, 5 new Aserai shoulder pieces, 4 new Aserai body pieces, 6 new Aserai helmets, and new 1 Empire cloak.
* New Feature: Cutscenes for important events.
* Ability to re-spec perks.
* The poor protection of armour against melee weapons has been fixed! However, the severely weak protection of armour against arrows has still not been fixed.
* Cavalry not doing enough knockdown to infantry is fixed; heavy cav can now satisfyingly charge down infantry.
* Increased damage of throwing axes to shields.
* Reinforcement spawning has a new system which prevents AI from camping spawn or troops teleporting into an active fight.
* Fixed Leadership and Roguery slow skill gain. Possibly also Trade.
* Made camels available in markets.
* AI parties on overworld map zigzagging between targets potentially fixed??? Will need to test further.
* Caravan income potentially fixed?
* Added 14 heads and 5 handles for two-handed maces.
* Simplified implementation of Party Templates system which was mentioned in Future Plans post.
* 3 items had corrections to their armour value/stats/civilian status.
* Dialogue and Encyclopedia improvements.
* Modding received multiple improvements.

Last edited:
Starting to see a lot of green!
Occasionally I have to change some green back to white, because some things said to be fixed in the patch were not actually fixed when I test it for myself; but nonetheless yeah, it's encouraging to see stuff get completed! Especially long term issues.

The important question though is whether Taleworlds will pick up their rate of progress or whether we will be waiting another 4 months for the next patch. Time will tell.

Updated list to take into account the things in patch 1.8.0 which improved/resolved issues from this list, or implemented features:

* Numerous bugfixes and crash fixes.
* Performance improvements.
* Added 4 new battle scenes.
* Added 6 new town scenes.
* Added 6 new Vlandian shoulder pieces, 5 new Aserai shoulder pieces, 4 new Aserai body pieces, 6 new Aserai helmets, and new 1 Empire cloak.
* New Feature: Cutscenes for important events.
* Ability to re-spec perks.
* The poor protection of armour against melee weapons has been fixed! However, the severely weak protection of armour against arrows has still not been fixed.
* Cavalry not doing enough knockdown to infantry is fixed; heavy cav can now satisfyingly charge down infantry.
* Increased damage of throwing axes to shields.
* Reinforcement spawning has a new system which prevents AI from camping spawn or troops teleporting into an active fight.
* Fixed Leadership and Roguery slow skill gain. Possibly also Trade.
* AI parties on overworld map zigzagging between targets potentially fixed??? Will need to test further.
* Caravan income potentially fixed?
* Added 14 heads and 5 handles for two-handed maces.
* Simplified implementation of Party Templates system which was mentioned in Future Plans post.
* 3 items had corrections to their armour value/stats/civilian status.
* Dialogue and Encyclopedia improvements.
* Modding received multiple improvements.
Thanks five bucks.

Chances are we will be waiting months more for the next patch - however it's the quality of the patches rather than the quantity that counts.

If every patch looked like this - things would be very different.

Steam workshop is not required at all and is inferior to moddb and Nexus, but why you might ask?, easy answer. You can't change version when it updates it updates, moddb lists all versions, nexus also list more than one version.
And how relevant will that be once the game eventually reaches a stable native version? Steam workshop is better because it automatically updates and doesn't require signing onto another separate account the password of which you already forgot each time just to update a single mod. Aside from that it's just a more fluid experience. I can't be ****ing bothered to go open a website, look up a password from ages ago and scour the page for the download link when on steam I can put in a single word, click the plus icon and I'd be ready for takeoff in under a minute. This has probably been the main inhibitor of trying out as many mods as I did on Warband, aside from Bannerlord being ****. I'll leave the de-zipping to nerds.
It's an insult and a crime not having played such a complete and grand game as Warband proclaim yourself to be a fan of the franchise, no way more like a graphichs whore, people like that avoid games like Warband and you missed one of the best games on Steam period.
Local forumite calls Bannerlord casuals "whores" and gets away with it - Serbian authorities hate him!

And how relevant will that be once the game eventually reaches a stable native version?
It could stay more relevant than you think. Once after full release, we could see more mods coming out than now. After certain point, 30-60-100 or even 200 mods could become a must mod for a lot of people. Even now we have a community supported Launcher. We could see even community supported mod organizers like MO2 which automatically detects most of the inconsistencies, patch requirement between mods. Also with Bannerlord, we have load order for mods like Skyrim. Sorting load order correctly is important if you do not want inconsistencies or ctds. This is something MO2 can do automatically for you for Bethesda games.

It could stay more relevant than you think. Once after full release, we could see more mods coming out than now. After certain point, 30-60-100 or even 200 mods could become a must mod for a lot of people. Even now we have a community supported Launcher. We could see even community supported mod organizers like MO2 which automatically detects most of the inconsistencies, patch requirement between mods. Also with Bannerlord, we have load order for mods like Skyrim. Sorting load order correctly is important if you do not want inconsistencies or ctds. This is something MO2 can do automatically for you for Bethesda games.
Yeah but if they're an extension on and integrated into the main launcher, can't that just as well be done over the workshop? If not, it's still only the modding / sorting platform that has to be downloaded separately, the steam workshop downloads the same files the same way, whatever you choose to do with them afterwards. Playing with multiple mods complicates things sure but unless you activate dozens at the same time and disregard the modders' own guidelines it generally turns out fine.

Yeah but if they're an extension on and integrated into the main launcher, can't that just as well be done over the workshop?
I simply do not know if that is possible or not.
If not, it's still only the modding / sorting platform that has to be downloaded separately, the steam workshop downloads the same files the same way, whatever you choose to do with them afterwards
For example, the original Skyrim LE had a workshop which is something I did not know but still it seems mod number on Nexus for Skyrim LE is three times more than workshop version. I think it will come down to what modders prefer and what mod users prefer vice versa if Steam workshop supported for Bannerlord.

Personally, I got so used to Nexus and its interface because of Skyrim SE, I do not think I will ever switch.

Personally, I got so used to Nexus and its interface because of Skyrim SE, I do not think I will ever switch.

Yeah i always avoided joining Nexus Premium and Vortex like the plague -just didnt want to have to learn the process *crankyOlManSyndrome

but once setup and the having the Crack like addictive game of SkyRim VR - its a godsend.

I do not know if Steam Workshop can do this but Nexus has collection feature right now which is something I do not like for personal use but it could be appealing for a lot of people. This feature is basically mod packs and for someone new, the amount of mods could be overwhelming and with this feature they can downloads hundreds of mods with a click of a button. Load order and patches are already included in this feature which are basically prepared by, arguably, some experienced guy when it comes to install mods. Even now, Bannerlord has 33 collection.

I´ve noticed more rebellions, had my fourth in like the first 3-4 hours, which I like. Same for you?
Haven't seen any yet in my current playthrough one year in. What I did just see was a group of 500 allied lords leave the castle they were hiding in from an army of 1000 to get slaughtered in the open :facepalm:

Last edited:
I simply do not know if that is possible or not.

For example, the original Skyrim LE had a workshop which is something I did not know but still it seems mod number on Nexus for Skyrim LE is three times more than workshop version. I think it will come down to what modders prefer and what mod users prefer vice versa if Steam workshop supported for Bannerlord.

I also think it's more going to be about whichever gains momentum first and right now it looks like Steam Workshop is going to fall behind quite a bit. Still aside from most minor mods the popular ones will probably be available in the workshop as well.

Update: TW says they have made considerable progress on the jittering issue and we can expect a fix in a future patch. I've highlighted it as in progress.

Update: South American servers have been added for Multiplayer.
I'm curious whether there was a big announcement or they burried this in some statement in a very small font. And whether they were oblivious to the promise not kept for a long time, or did they admit that it's better late than never and unbanned the South Americans who lost their minds over this.

I'm curious whether there was a big announcement or they burried this in some statement in a very small font. And whether they were oblivious to the promise not kept for a long time, or did they admit that it's better late than never and unbanned the South Americans who lost their minds over this.
Well, I haven't seen an announcement, which makes no sense at all. I only found out SA servers became available because @Goyyyio made a thread about it.

Checked the Herald Dev Announcements forum, as well as Steam, didn't see anything there.

Back
Top Bottom