***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

there are ~74 notable issues/unimplemented features on this list.

the current rate of progress is 1 patch per 4 months. 1.7.2 fixed about 8 notable issues from the list.

if this incredibly slow rate of progress continues, Taleworlds might finish the game by 2025

You assume that TW will take care of all listed issues and that´s of course wrong.

We can´t just make up a list and think TW actually cares about it. Haven´t read all of it but seems like 50% on the list isn´t on TWs actual "roadmap" in any way, so it just won´t happen, doesn´t matter if it is needed or not.

The game also will be "finished" in 2023, I don´t believe TW wants to continue this **** show even longer than 1,5 years from now on. Q3/Q4 2023 also seems just realistic to me for TW to add all of their announced stuff even with their very very very slow pace. Christmas season 2023 seems also like a good date for getting those sweet console sales.

We just need to pray that TW won´t get any slower, this would mean they would develope the game backwards, so if this happens in 2-3 years Bannerlord will just be gone.

Last edited:
You assume that TW will take care of all listed issues and that´s of course wrong
Yeah, that's why I said "might" in italics.
We can´t just make up a list and think TW actually cares about it
At this stage I don't think they (as a company) care either, now it's more about pointing out what Taleworlds has failed to address.
We just need to pray that TW won´t get any slower, this would mean they would develope the game backwards, so if this happens in 2-3 years Bannerlord will just be gone.
Indeed. They're well on their way to beating Duke Nukem Forever for longest development time of a video game.

At this stage I don't think they (as a company) care either, now it's more about pointing out what Taleworlds has failed to address.
But the majority of those issues are accounted for... whether it be in yellow or green. There is very few items on there which are completely unaccounted for - and of those many are minor requests. Indeed the only major feature on the list that appears to be completely absent is Criminal Enterprises and Minor faction improvements. Everything else is niche 'nice to have' immersion stuff or balance concerns.

P.S. Also more then a few of those are now out of date. Elite Troops, Surrender option for instance have both been tallied for upcoming updates. if you like I can list you off many of the things you have missed?

Like understandably it's not your job to keep track of it - but you can't use out-of-date info as a weapon.

Last edited:
But the majority of those issues are accounted for... whether it be in yellow or green. There is very few items on there which are completely unaccounted for
?? At least 50% in Category 1 and 2 (with the exception of engine/mp) are neither yellow nor green.

Yellow means Taleworlds said at some point they would do something, it doesn't mean they will in a timely fashion. TW first told us that they were "discussing" armour working correctly literally 1 year ago, and it still isn't here.
- and of those many are minor requests. Indeed the only major feature on the list that appears to be completely absent is Criminal Enterprises and Minor faction improvements.
Minor feature requests they haven't been able to fulfill in two years, when a single unpaid modder has shown that it takes less than a week's work to do all of them. Things that should have been in this sequel from the start.
Everything else is niche 'nice to have' immersion stuff or balance concerns.
Every feature falls under the 'nice to have' category in a video game, because they are entertainment products not necessities, that doesn't mean a sequel people gave Taleworlds hundreds of millions of dollars for should regress in features from its predecessor. Balance concerns become a significant problem when nearly every single feature in the game is seriously imbalanced and there is no reason for the player to use vast swathes of the content in the game unless they want to gimp themselves.

(EG: Foot playthrough/Athletics is a joke compared to the massive mobility and perks of Horseback/Riding. Melee weapons other than the glaive are a joke. Leveling Medicine requires insane grind for a payoff that doesn't matter because troops are expendable in lategame anyway. Recruiting any troop but Khan's Guard isn't worth it because Khan's Guard is the best horse archer, melee cavalry and infantry all in one. Throwing axes are pointless and bows are insanely good. The 10000 denar armour gives no significant survivability increase over 1000 denar armour. Caravans are just a complete waste of money. Etc. Etc. Etc.)

Let me ask you a question, why are you still an apologist for TW at this stage? Who do you think it will help? They have two community managers who could stick up for Taleworlds themselves (and are paid to do so) but don't! TW work at an incredibly slow pace. In the seven months it has taken for them to make a handful of minor changes other game companies could make half a game. They do not deserve someone making excuses for them and attempting to shut down criticism.

Taleworlds' management of these issues is NOT good. At the very least, 90% of these should have been addressed (yellow) rather than us not knowing two years later whether, for example, they are actually going to implement the Criminal Enterprises system that they still advertise on the store page.

Taleworlds' management of these issues is NOT good. At the very least, 90% of these should have been addressed (yellow) rather than us not knowing two years later whether, for example, they are actually going to implement the Criminal Enterprises system that they still advertise on the store page.
They won´t, they may add/change some very very minor stuff to it but it won´t be anything compared to the stuff they´ve shown back then or what players are dreaming about.

It´s just a feature on a check list they already crossed out, I mean there are gangs in the alleys so it´s fine on paper I guess.

?? At least 50% in Category 1 and 2 (with the exception of engine/mp) are neither yellow nor green.

Yellow means Taleworlds said at some point they would do something, it doesn't mean they will in a timely fashion. TW first told us that they were "discussing" armour working correctly literally 1 year ago, and it still isn't here.

Minor feature requests they haven't been able to fulfill in two years, when a single unpaid modder has shown that it takes less than a week's work to do all of them. Things that should have been in this sequel from the start.

Every feature falls under the 'nice to have' category in a video game, because they are entertainment products not necessities, that doesn't mean a sequel people gave Taleworlds hundreds of millions of dollars for should regress in features from its predecessor. Balance concerns become a significant problem when nearly every single feature in the game is seriously imbalanced and there is no reason for the player to use vast swathes of the content in the game unless they want to gimp themselves.

(EG: Foot playthrough/Athletics is a joke compared to the massive mobility and perks of Horseback/Riding. Melee weapons other than the glaive are a joke. Leveling Medicine requires insane grind for a payoff that doesn't matter because troops are expendable in lategame anyway. Recruiting any troop but Khan's Guard isn't worth it because Khan's Guard is the best horse archer, melee cavalry and infantry all in one. Throwing axes are pointless and bows are insanely good. The 10000 denar armour gives no significant survivability increase over 1000 denar armour. Caravans are just a complete waste of money. Etc. Etc. Etc.)

Let me ask you a question, why are you still an apologist for TW at this stage? Who do you think it will help? They have two community managers who could stick up for Taleworlds themselves (and are paid to do so) but don't! TW work at an incredibly slow pace. In the seven months it has taken for them to make a handful of minor changes other game companies could make half a game. They do not deserve someone making excuses for them and attempting to shut down criticism.

And why do you still care at this stage? Who do you think you are helping?

I refuse to spend my life posting negative content about something. If I don't enjoy something I leave - I don't force myself to endure it.

And you completly ignored my offer to help update your dated list... I'm happy for criticism. It's falsehoods and inaccuracies I dislike. Why else would I want to contribute to a list that is inherently critical of TW's work?

I actually think this is a brilliant way of showing the update progress. But only if its up-to-date.

Last edited:

Alot of us.

I refuse to spend my life posting negative content about something. If I don't enjoy something I leave - I don't force myself to endure it.

Pay attention to the game Ready or Not the supposed sequel to the much beloved SWAT 4 series. I was an early supporter at $120 and for 2 years it looked like an absolute dud. The Devs seemingly abandoned us and the game but then made some internal decisions (got some private $ backers) and now the game is on the verge of becoming absolute Mint. They revamped and overhauled much of what the community was asking for after many, many community and forum "battles" and yes, there were people just like you saying pretty much the same type of things "why bother? Game is ok, and they already did what they said..."

This series is also beloved and worth fighting for.

Clip of RoN overhaul (AI) update coming this week:

These post of yours are becoming bothersome to read. Someone is scanning all of dev blogs, all of information out there and make a giant list of community feedback and you call this negative?

Maybe he cares just for sake of caring, none of your business.

You want reasons, look at froggyluv post
This series is also beloved and worth fighting for.
Here you go!

Myself and fellow buyers. Because there is still the tiniest chance Taleworlds might actually do the right thing.
Alright, follow your own advice and leave this thread since you don't enjoy it. You can also easily not read the posts from posters complaining about the game who have every right to do so.
It's falsehoods
There are none
Why else would I want to contribute to a list that is inherently critical of TW's work?
Then don't

He wants and hopes the game will be more successful and that Taleworlds will live up to promises. Why do you care what his motivation is?
Why the **** do you care how someone else spends their free time? :facepalm: If you don't like his comment no one is forcing you to endure it, you can move on...

I don't have a problem that you like the game and are satisfied. But I take issue with you or anyone else who feels the need to criticize someone who is actually trying to help improve things in a constructive way.

Last edited:
Clip of RoN overhaul (AI) update coming this week:

Never heard about that game but will defenitely give a try, thanks for sharing.
Now that's harsh.
@five bucks is doing a great job here and keeps updating in a really constructive way.
He is voicing part of the old and nostalgic fanbase which is willing to see something closer to warband.
I personally prefer TW to come with brand new ideas but they should keep in mind what made M&B so popular.
And this thread is a good reference on that matter.
I'm not sure if you are serious here.
If yes, why posting?
I actually think this is a brilliant way of showing the update progress. But only if its up-to-date.
The OP has his own criteria for updating, and is doing it the way he feels it the best.

Lots of tactical ignorance above.

I said falsehoods or inaccuracies. Of which there is plenty of missing information on the first post. I pointed out two earlier; and that was from a cursory glance. I don't believe this is on purpose - just it hasn't been updated. And it's not as if TW make this easy to keep track of. This is not a criticism of the OP.

Once again - OP has done an excellent job compiling information. That is not in dispute - and I If you would rather I move on - I guess I could just recreate this entire post but with current information? But that seems like a horrible waste of time and effort;

To keep this simple - I am going to highlight my key (and only) points;
  1. This is an excellent list and the perfect way to keep track of updates.
  2. There is some items/updates missing.
  3. Can we please add the missing items?
Those 3 points are my only concern here. So I want to be clear - which of these 3 points do you disagree with? If you aren't clearly indicating which of these points you disagree with I am going to ignore your response as a troll; as those points are my only argument in this thread. I am only going to discuss these points - I do not care to hear any complaints unless they are specifically about one of these three points.

Last edited:
Those 3 points are my only concern here
If this is your only concern, why do you ask that stupid question here and every other thread you are in? Asking that, then saying "but these 3 are my only concerns, here". Who is the troll, i wonder?

When quickly looking just for the colored part, it seems all of the op up to date.

If this is your only concern, why do you ask that stupid question here and every other thread you are in? Asking that, then saying "but these 3 are my only concerns, here". Who is the troll, i wonder?

When quickly looking just for the colored part, it seems all of the op up to date.
What 'stupid question'? I shouldn't indulge you - but I am curious how you have got confused.

And no there is numerous pieces out-of-date; I pointed out two above. Please review. (I am happy and ready to help up-date; as you all say this is critical to helping keep track of the project for the community).

Reviewed to page 36, there is nothing of signifacance i could see.

This is the stupid question.

For the sake of this thread, i will not interact you in this thread, no longer.
LOL!!!!

Oh my god.... I didn't ask that question! Five Bucks did!!!!!
Let me ask you a question, why are you still an apologist for TW at this stage? Who do you think it will help?
I was mocking it by parroting it back! I was literally pointing out how stupid it was. We are in agreement :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh my goodness.... Bjorn buddy.... not your finest moment.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Probably for the best son.. because... damn... You know you can get banned for excessive team-damage, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Thanks for answering my "who is the troll here" question, expilicitely, yet one more time. You are posting that question, in another threads.

Getting banned for indicating your stupid question is least concern of mine.

Enjoy your poocorn, MostBlunted.

Thanks for answering my "who is the troll here" question, explicitly, yet one more time. You are posting that question in other threads.

Getting banned for indicating your stupid question is the least of my concerns.

Enjoy your poocorn, MostBlunted.
stop_winking.jpg

If you don't want to be banned; I'd probably stop calling Five bucks an idiot. Because again; and I quote;

Oh my god.... I didn't ask that question! Five Bucks did!!!!!
Honestly Bjorn; at this rate I'm going to get banned for you being my Alt-Account.

Also.. good job;

As if being a 'traitor' wasn't enough; now you are lying? It's not all bad though - I hear Games Workshop are releasing your new datasheet soon;

Qrzjf1W.png

Anyway that is more then enough bickering - can we return to the topic;

- Can we update some of the items please?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom