***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Updated list to take into account the things in patch 1.6.4 which resolved issues from this list, or implemented features:

* Bugfixes.
* Performance improvements.
* Added Khuzait civilian outfit crown.
* New feature: Players can now promote companions into nobles!
* Improvement to troop AI.
* Improved dialogue.
* Fixed some armours/weapons whose stats did not match their appearance.
* Modding improvements.

Thanks for the kind words :smile:
How would you assess Taleworlds' performance in implementing features that players wanted in the last 7 months since the list went up, on the scale from 1 to 10?
As I see it, they addressed quite a few common complaints and added a few middling features, but nothing spectacular. They certainly exceeded the very low expectations we had 7 months ago, thanks to individual devs engaging with the players on the forum and elsewhere.

How would you assess Taleworlds' performance in implementing features that players wanted in the last 7 months since the list went up, on the scale from 1 to 10?
If we're talking just new feature implementation, and not fixes to existing features?
Hard to reduce it down to a number, but about 6/10. They have implemented a handful of medium-sized features and numerous small features which lots of people wanted, which is good (as it adds up to a significant improvement in the game). But it took too long to get to that point, and the game still has a long way to go, which is bad.
As I see it, they addressed quite a few common complaints and added a few middling features, but nothing spectacular. They certainly exceeded the very low expectations we had 7 months ago, thanks to individual devs engaging with the players on the forum and elsewhere.
Yep, that's basically my assessment.

I have noticed you changed some expressions and added some nuances, especially in category 4...
And I changed my vote as well, for a "Yes".
Keep on with this great thread, it is a solid reference! (y)

Haven't been to the forum in a long time, but popping in and seeing this made me happy. This is an excellent and very constructive thread, kudos!

When it comes to exploitable retreats I think the way the total war games handle it is pretty good. If you already retreated that turn you can't retreat again, and if you rout/retreat in battle after already having retreated you lose your army. Obviously the implementation has to be different in Bannerlord since it's not turn based, but it could be something like units start deserting in big numbers if you retreat repeatedly (simulating how each retreat is less organised and the troops lose morale each time)

@five bucks , I was directed to this thread from a post I have posted a few days ago inquiring about the state of this game before I sepnt not five bucks, but FIFTY BUCKS. This must have taken a lot of work and time to compile!

You are basically keeping a huge To Do List updated for people like me who want to know how responsive a Dev Team is and how the game is progressing.

This is great!

Thank you,
APC

@five bucks , I was directed to this thread from a post I have posted a few days ago inquiring about the state of this game before I sepnt not five bucks, but FIFTY BUCKS. This must have taken a lot of work and time to compile!

You are basically keeping a huge To Do List updated for people like me who want to know how responsive a Dev Team is and how the game is progressing.

This is great!

Thank you,
APC
I appreciate you saying that! If I had to sum up how the game is progressing it would be "slowly, but it's getting there". If they don't stop prematurely, then at this rate of progress they will probably finish the list of problems by like 2023.

Updated list to take into account the things in beta patch 1.6.5 which resolved issues from this list, or implemented features:

* Bugfixes and crashfixes.
* Performance improvements.
* Added Aserai crown.
* Tournaments now provide an elite reward to the winner when the tournament includes 4 or more nobles, with the value of the reward scaling with the number of nobles present at the tournament, theoretically benefiting the viability of tournaments in the mid-game.
* Significant improvement to cavalry AI, now they can actually hit things on the ground, without missing 9 times out of 10.
* Improvements to dialogue and text.
* Significant modding improvements.

Also cut some fat off this post, and added more links to discussion/complaint/suggestion threads.

@five bucks

Hello,

I was wondering what would be your suggestion regarding Mods I should consider if I do get this game.
What I am looking for is to first try the vanilla game to get acquainted with the controls, the UI, the original tech/unit trees...in other words the basics, prior to me jumping to major overhauls with modified units...etc.
I guess what I'm looking for is those mods that improve the game play (maybe some diplomacy tweaks, improved trade prices, fixed exploits...ets) without major change to the vanilla game.

Thank you,
APC

@five bucks

Hello,

I was wondering what would be your suggestion regarding Mods I should consider if I do get this game.
What I am looking for is to first try the vanilla game to get acquainted with the controls, the UI, the original tech/unit trees...in other words the basics, prior to me jumping to major overhauls with modified units...etc.
I guess what I'm looking for is those mods that improve the game play (maybe some diplomacy tweaks, improved trade prices, fixed exploits...ets) without major change to the vanilla game.

Thank you,
APC
Hi Armored Personnel Carrier, I mostly don't use non-TC mods as I play my game vanilla to give/corroborate vanilla feedback, so I can't tell you if these are up to date for the current version sorry, but some decent small scale mods included Control Allies After Death and SiegeTowerFix.

There is a very popular mod for diplomacy which is called exactly that, Diplomacy. It makes significant diplomacy additions though, not just tweaks, but it's good. There's also a popular mod called Realistic Battle Mod which improves tactical AI, armor, and weapon damage in many areas, though again it makes big changes to the game, and possibly goes a bit far in some areas.

If you search nexus for armor and levelling, there are some small-scale mods that improve those without touching too much else. I think one is called BannerlordTweaks which makes a lot of small changes.

Back
Top Bottom