***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Pardon the delay: I just got back from a 1-week zucc.

They haven't changed it because they don't want to. In the past one dev implied that they consider spears to be anti-cav-only weapons, but were open to the possibility of it being made useful in melee - a concept he considered novel. Further back, a dev admitted to nerfing the AI for infantry (specifically, making it "silly") because it wasn't "fun" for head-on cavalry charges into massed spearmen to get slaughtered. In response to the corresponding OP'ness of cav, devs apparently nerfed cav AI too.

People on this forum have been complaining about spears for years and have been completely ignored, while spears have been actually nerfed more as time has gone on.

Some people - especially from the MP side of the fanbase - said that they considered it unfair for more expensive/flashy weapons like greatswords to be beatable by anyone carrying a lowly spear.

I think if this is correct, then this is really bad from a realism and immersion point of view - MP concerns are being given priority over single player.

MP and single player should be separate from each other (they have their own separate stats already). MP should focus on what it's community wants - which seems to be to satisfy the e-sport crowd who doesn't care for realism.

Notice that poll was overwhelming in favor of strong spears (which is historically accurate). I suspect that was overwhelming single player.

Last edited:
What i miss in this list, is Face Randomization for Children like in the Mod Heritage. They all look like their Mothers or Fathers. I know its not that important but for me it destroys the immersion.

What i miss in this list, is Face Randomization for Children like in the Mod Heritage. They all look like their Mothers or Fathers. I know its not that important but for me it destroys the immersion.
They added facial randomization of a sort a few patches ago; now they are all clones of their siblings instead of their parents.

They added facial randomization of a sort a few patches ago; now they are all clones of their siblings instead of their parents.
rly? i play on 1.6.0 and they all look like the parents. hmm maybe i should try a new campaign but thx :grin:

Thank you very much.
No worries, and nice of you to say :smile:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Updating things on this list that were added in 1.6.1:
* Keep Battles!
* More new scenes!
* More optimization and performance improvements.
* More dialogue spelling/grammar improvements.
* Reduced siege engine friendly fire.
* Reasons for support for war or peace!
* Enemy factions sending peace offers to the player's kingdom!
* Ability to tell prisoner to wait during a prison break!
* Fixed quests not triggering enough (tentative)?
* Modding improvements.

Please let me know if I've missed anything. I haven't listed siege ladders and interior gates as fixed yet, as the patch notes may possibly be referring to only particular cases. Will update this as it becomes clear through gameplay (patch notes have ambiguous wording in some cases, e.g. I'm not sure if "reworked attribute selection for AI" has actually fixed the problem with companion attributes).

The Nash Equilibrium (often iterated in terms of "The Tragedy of the Commons" or "The Prisoner's Dilemma")

This seems to pretty well summarize the tone on much of this thread. Theoretically, mutually constructive conversation is best for all parties (e.g. users and devs), but it's safer to distrust, especially once trust is broken. (Then, everyone constructs narratives about how the trust was broken to assuage their frustration with the stalemate that ensures.)

Anyway, to those handful of people still determined to be constructive despite issues (@five bucks), good on you. For those that can't trust anymore, given where things are at, I understand that too. The distrust-vs-distrust stalemate is the stable equilibrium for a reason.

Thanks for the nice words!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Ladders and siege towers seem to be half-fixed now and Duh has said that more fixes are on the way in next patch, so I'm going to leave them as yellow. Inner gates are actually fixed so that goes green. Companion attribute points seem to possibly be better now, will need more information to confirm that.

I'm late to the party, could you explain what do you mean by that ?
Facial randomization = clone ?
If they are clones of their siblings, they are logically clones of their parents right ? I don't get it :grin:

I'm late to the party, could you explain what do you mean by that ?
Facial randomization = clone ?
If they are clones of their siblings, they are logically clones of their parents right ? I don't get it :grin:
Mother is AABBC
Father is DDEEF
Child 1 is ADBEF
Child 2 is ADBEF
Child 3 is ADBEF
Child 4 is ADBEF
Child 5 is ADBEF

You get the idea. There might be a split between the children's genders but I personally doubt it.

Oh okay I see thanks, I had issues understanding your sentence at first, because younger children are always clone of their siblings no matter what.
Before this change and now.
Now the "child zero" is mixed between the two parents, it's a good thing, too bad my character is too old to have some again.

I'd make a strong argument that many of these items need a rethink of their category. Seriously books are tier 1 but the battle terrain system is tier 4...?

That seems like madness. Otherwise a good list and update. Great work... I just think the tier list has become somewhat arbitrary.

I'd make a strong argument that many of these items need a rethink of their category. Seriously books are tier 1 but the battle terrain system is tier 4...?

That seems like madness. Otherwise a good list and update. Great work... I just think the tier list has become somewhat arbitrary.
Some people don't like the new battle terrain system cause it'll be tied to Calradia's map and this will give modders much more work in total conversions since they'll have to remake all battle maps.

Personally i really like the premise of the new system and can't wait to try it but i get why some people are worried about it.

Back
Top Bottom