***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

No offense, but have you seen a dev statement saying they're working on it now? Because the last statement I saw was that banners had been placed on the low-priority "we'll do it later and deal with more important things first" backburner (which I'm fine with btw).
No, no, there were recent statements that they are indeed working on a new feature linked to banners.

I think it was Duh who mentioned it.

Not sure about the reliability of this information, but it comes from a Turkish streamer and a developer, Batuhan Bozkan (Videoyun). They had to announce bannerlord so early because of the copyright issues with Paradox. As you know, Paradox was the early publisher for Mount&Baldes. This may not be an excuse for the current state of the game, but this needed to be considered when calculating how much time spend on this project.
Here is the video clip (its Turkish)

Not sure about the reliability of this information, but it comes from a Turkish streamer and a developer, Batuhan Bozkan (Videoyun). They had to announce bannerlord so early because of the copyright issues with Paradox. As you know, Paradox was the early publisher for Mount&Baldes. This may not be an excuse for the current state of the game, but this needed to be considered when calculating how much time spend on this project.
Here is the video clip (its Turkish)

Still like 8-9 years of development for a sequel, not an excuse.

No, no, there were recent statements that they are indeed working on a new feature linked to banners.

I think it was Duh who mentioned it.
Don't worry, it will only take months to implement. Development is tough, you know. There is a massive amount of quality control and a sophisticated process, where simple decisions take an eternity to be confirmed, and at any time management may terminate the decision on a "in good conscience" basis. Ignore the fact that some random modder can do the same thing in less than a week, because it just doesn't have the same level of "quality" that TW has, including bringing numerous features (not bugs) within every additional feature.

Not sure about the reliability of this information, but it comes from a Turkish streamer and a developer, Batuhan Bozkan (Videoyun). They had to announce bannerlord so early because of the copyright issues with Paradox. As you know, Paradox was the early publisher for Mount&Baldes.
That tracks with my recollection; the announcement came around the time War of the Roses was released.

Don't worry, it will only take months to implement. Development is tough, you know. There is a massive amount of quality control and a sophisticated process, where simple decisions take an eternity to be confirmed, and at any time management may terminate the decision on a "in good conscience" basis. Ignore the fact that some random modder can do the same thing in less than a week, because it just doesn't have the same level of "quality" that TW has, including bringing numerous features (not bugs) within every additional feature.
I’m just hoping the rather lackluster updates (dealing with mechanics and core gameplay) we had recently are a result of their focus on the bigger features coming soon™.

I’m just hoping the rather lackluster updates (dealing with mechanics and core gameplay) we had recently are a result of their focus on the bigger features coming soon™.
Hahahahhahhahhhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahhahhwhwhhwhwhwhahhahahahahahahahahahahhahhhahahhahhahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahwhahahahahhahhwhwhahahahahahahhwhwhhwhwhwhahahayhhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahha. Oh man. That's a good one!

They already sold a lot of copies and they don't seem to have plans for monetization other than DLCs.
If they get it right, it will get rave reviews and they will sell even more copies.

No offense, but have you seen a dev statement saying they're working on it now? Because the last statement I saw was that banners had been placed on the low-priority "we'll do it later and deal with more important things first" backburner (which I'm fine with btw).

Some communication is better than no communication, but I would like to see the top 2 tiers of issues addressed.

That isn't really how game sales work in most cases. Almost all the sales they'll ever make (on PC, at least...) were made in the first six months.
With full releases i am sure that this is right but only from my own circle of friends i know that there is still an significant potential for more sales when they leave EA. ANd looking at the forums some months back it would assume that my friends are not the only ones who plan on buying this game once it is finished. Sure, it is not as significant a sthe EA-release but i think it will be a second rather large boost for their sales once this is out of EA also on PC.

As a long term fan of Mount & Blade I must say I'm quite disappointed. However I'm unsure if its because my expectations for Bannerlord were perhaps too high and my disappointment is unfounded. I appreciate the reply nonetheless, Thanks Duh.

With full releases i am sure that this is right but only from my own circle of friends i know that there is still an significant potential for more sales when they leave EA. ANd looking at the forums some months back it would assume that my friends are not the only ones who plan on buying this game once it is finished. Sure, it is not as significant a sthe EA-release but i think it will be a second rather large boost for their sales once this is out of EA also on PC.
If full release gave any more than a slight bump in sales, it would be exceptional.

(edit: without including console sales, I mean. Obviously releasing this on consoles is probably going to send sales skyrocketing)

That isn't really how game sales work in most cases. Almost all the sales they'll ever make (on PC, at least...) were made in the first six months.

This is an Early Access game, not a Full Release game.

A good Full Release with positive reviews means higher sales. A bad release means that sales will be low and the effort to consolize the game will be marred by bad reviews on the PC version.

A good Full Release with positive reviews means higher sales. A bad release means that sales will be low and the effort to consolize the game will be marred by bad reviews on the PC version.
Sure, but the reason people bought Bannerlord was the hype. There is no more hype, so he is right. Most of the sales have already been made.

Yeah, Duh confirmed it in his reply to your roadmap.
Good lord it was depressing re-reading that response again weeks later.

Yeah so BL is a battle-sim and there are no plans to make it an immersive RPG. It's an excel spreadsheet which occasionally grunts and screams at you.

But it's not even a GOOD battle-sim because it fails to reasonably approximate like... any historical combat ever. If your medieval combat sim cannot simulate shieldwalls or pike squares or archer volleys or polearm combat or SIEGES... like WTF are you even doing?

What is BL even supposed to be?

Still like 8-9 years of development for a sequel, not an excuse.
8-9 years is what actual most games take to develop and that is considering they tend to all ready have an engine to run off of. They scratched there original work and started over with a whole new engine so it's honestly not an unrealistic time frame. I think the problem is with games releasing games EA is folks honestly don't know how long it takes to develop games from announcement and it's only on a story board to a finish product. When I beta tested Diablo II it started two years before it was even released (more like a year and half) and they only gave us like a small demo version of the game of what exactly they wanted us to test. When the game came out I was blown away as it pretty much looked like nothing from the stuff we tested. So folks also have to understand that the internal version may be way ahead of what we actually see out here in EA.

The other reason they do EA and once all the bugs are worked out and it's a final release the reviews and all that get wiped and it gets a clean slate. Go look at Naval Action prime example of a game that was in EA for ever and than released (mostly so they could start saleing DLC which you can't do in EA).

Back
Top Bottom