***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Just started up Bannerlord again 3 days ago and it felt like it did back in last May. I just want something that isn't basically spice of life.

TW has over 100 employees last I checked. Some number likely between 20 and 80 of them are pure developers. Some others are stuff like artists who work directly on the game but may not explicitly code.

Either way they're solidly AA and anyone who talks about them like they're still a tiny indie studio is badly misinformed.

TW has over 100 employees last I checked. Some number likely between 20 and 80 of them are pure developers. Some others are stuff like artists who work directly on the game but may not explicitly code.
If I remember correctly, about 6-8 people work on code for singleplayer, and presumably the same amount in a separate team for multiplayer.

The 100 people is made up of scene artists, texture/model artists, sound artists/actual musicians (Ensemble Galatia), payroll and management, public relations/community management and bug report processing, maybe a dedicated writer, possibly other required people I'm forgetting, in addition to coders. Out of the coders you also have at least one (emrozdemir) working just on the UI. So probably 5-7 gameplay feature coders for SP. Each apparently has their own area, eg: Mexxico works on overworld economy, diplomacy, strategic AI code.

Of course it isn't necessarily a bad thing that a "small" amount of people work on the code, since a large amount of coders on a software project can cause confusion with multiple people making conflicting additions to the code; in that sense, having a lot of coders working on one project doesn't make things more efficient, in the same way that having a lot of people baking one cake stops speeding things up at a certain point.

So, Taleworlds' employees seem to be a fairly good number and well allocated. The question is why time gets wasted on things nobody asked for, while problems which the playerbase has been complaining about for a year remain unfixed.

According to Glassdoor reviews from former TW employees, there is very poor communication inside TW and a lack of planning, plus a few employees have a very relaxed attitude to getting things done (though others work very hard, even in their off time), plus the code refactor that was needed for a long time to make coding more efficient was delayed until last year. I think these have been the main cause of the delays over the last 9 years.
Either way they're solidly AA and anyone who talks about them like they're still a tiny indie studio is badly misinformed.
Agree 100%. And if they can't replicate the features they managed back when they actually were a tiny indie studio 10 years ago, then something is terribly wrong.

Last edited:
So, Taleworlds' employees seem to be a fairly good number and well allocated. The question is why time gets wasted on things nobody asked for, while problems which the playerbase has been complaining about for a year remain unfixed.
Well that's easy to explain: The Vision(tm). It was all over Duh's responses here. Fixing those problems we've been complaining about for a year just isn't part of The Vision(tm).

Well that's easy to explain: The Vision(tm). It was all over Duh's responses here. Fixing those problems we've been complaining about for a year just isn't part of The Vision(tm).

TW at times has been responsive to feedback - most notably they did take into account the Youtuber Italianspartacus' feedback

He recently put out a video as well:

Whats odd with this is that this is pretty much their sole cash cow. With Paradox, they have multiple games to work on, so it makes sense when one of them ****s the bed like EU4, simultaneously as Stellaris and Hearts of Iron are making tremendous strides. What games besides Mount and Blade does Taleworlds have? I'm trying to think, and I cannot come up with one. Are there even other games? There is no excuse.

Whats odd with this is that this is pretty much their sole cash cow. With Paradox, they have multiple games to work on, so it makes sense when one of them ****s the bed like EU4, simultaneously as Stellaris and Hearts of Iron are making tremendous strides. What games besides Mount and Blade does Taleworlds have? I'm trying to think, and I cannot come up with one. Are there even other games? There is no excuse.

This is the game they are best known for yes, so it is critical they get it right.

This is the game they are best known for yes, so it is critical they get it right.

I am pretty sure they got it right, considering the year it was released and its popularity (still). That said, going by current players alone, Stellaris, Crusader Kings(2,3) and EU4 have similar player numbers. I would say on 2/3(or 3/4) the above does not apply.

If I remember correctly, about 6-8 people work on code for singleplayer, and presumably the same amount in a separate team for multiplayer.

The 100 people is made up of scene artists, texture/model artists, sound artists/actual musicians (Ensemble Galatia), payroll and management, public relations/community management and bug report processing, maybe a dedicated writer, possibly other required people I'm forgetting, in addition to coders. Out of the coders you also have at least one (emrozdemir) working just on the UI. So probably 5-7 gameplay feature coders for SP. Each apparently has their own area, eg: Mexxico works on overworld economy, diplomacy, strategic AI code.

Of course it isn't necessarily a bad thing that a "small" amount of people work on the code, since a large amount of coders on a software project can cause confusion with multiple people making conflicting additions to the code; in that sense, having a lot of coders working on one project doesn't make things more efficient, in the same way that having a lot of people baking one cake stops speeding things up at a certain point.

According to Glassdoor reviews from former TW employees, there is very poor communication inside TW and a lack of planning, plus a few employees have a very relaxed attitude to getting things done (though others work very hard, even in their off time), plus the code refactor that was needed for a long time to make coding more efficient was delayed until last year. I think these have been the main cause of the delays over the last 9 years.

Agree 100%. And if they can't replicate the features they managed back when they actually were a tiny indie studio 10 years ago, then something is terribly wrong.
You forgot QA-testers ^^

This should be yellow. They said that they are working on a not yet announced feature for the banners some time after the EA started
No offense, but have you seen a dev statement saying they're working on it now? Because the last statement I saw was that banners had been placed on the low-priority "we'll do it later and deal with more important things first" backburner (which I'm fine with btw).

Back
Top Bottom