***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a major frustration for players I see mentioned constantly. People are really sick of having to run around the map asking every lord if they want to defect, without even knowing if they will say yes, while trying to do other things at the same time.
not to distract from the topic, but in addition to nobles coming to the player to offer themselves for a price. It would be nice if there would be a NPC (spy master) you could talk to who would have a few names of nobles who are more likely to be persuaded. This would add more reasons to visit the castle scenes. Reasons to visit scenes is another point addressed multiple times on the forum

@Duh_TaleWorlds thank you for taking time to answer questions. Since a lot of your answers were that this is currently not a priority, could you tell us what are top 3 or top 5 prioritetes for TW at this moment?

I appreciate the reply but after reading it I have lost faith in your dev team and this game. You completely under value what made previous games charming and as long lasting as they are. Warband was never just about the battles.

It was also the preparation and time spent getting to those battles. Every system however lacking they maybe blended together and made the player feel like a rising lord and when you became a lord or king those systems helped reinforce that feeling.

What you and the team do not realize is that all you had to do was copy and paste warband to bannerlord. All warband needed was a new paint job and a little polish, yet here we are 10 years later and we didn't even get what you advertised 3 years prior to release.

This game in its current state is a spit in the face to your long time supporters and fans. And if you can't give us an actual answer that is not just your opinion. Then get someone who can.
Exactly.

This was a dispiriting reply if you expected significant new content. Duh's tone was defensive "it's not urgent", "too many challenges", which tells us that TW still works in a crisis mode where there are always urgent things to do and fix, as opposed to a polishing pre-release mode with developers trying to improve features. It could be a sign of poor morale and burnout too, not strange after the long development and negative feedback on this forum.
The good thing is that it sets the expectations for the Bannerlord release suitably low. It's better to be disappointed now than later.
The conclusion is that the sooner TW finishes their unambitious version of Bannerlord, the sooner the modders could start "finishing" it with widely expected features as in the OP.
This is exactly the feeling I've got since the last months too. Since Duh replied I know it for a fact and can make peace with it. So thank you for your time @Duh_TaleWorlds it is certainly appreciated.

Last edited:
This was a dispiriting reply if you expected significant new content. Duh's tone was defensive "it's not urgent", "too many challenges", which tells us that TW still works in a crisis mode where there are always urgent things to do and fix, as opposed to a polishing pre-release mode with developers trying to improve features. It could be a sign of poor morale and burnout too, not strange after the long development and negative feedback on this forum.
The good thing is that it sets the expectations for the Bannerlord release suitably low. It's better to be disappointed now than later.
The conclusion is that the sooner TW finishes their unambitious version of Bannerlord, the sooner the modders could start "finishing" it with widely expected features as in the OP.
Aye. At this point, they might as well release it now so that the modders can finish it. Now that we know the game is basically going to remain a battle simulator with no roleplaying, waiting another year for little fixes and non-features is going to be even more of a pain. Hopefully the mod scene is still active by then :razz:

Will take time to reply to you and others in more detail, but just to pick this one out for a quick answer - not to my knowledge. We are also discussing armor and how to improve it.

Very good to hear. The poor performance of Armour massively effects the games balancing as a whole. Im glad that it is getting attention.

Will take time to reply to you and others in more detail, but just to pick this one out for a quick answer - not to my knowledge. We are also discussing armor and how to improve it.

If you (TW) are open for suggestions, I really liked the "Realistic Combat Model" from Ron Losey. It was originally developed for the Onin no Ran mod for the Original M&B. Oh how time has passed!

Nevertheless, I really liked how it handled damage types and armor. There is an adapted version for Warband on the Nexus:

Unfortunately, I am in no position to go into detail on the changes it made, I can only go by "feel". I really liked it.

It's good to hear. But I really hope you would instead work on things that can't be fixed by modders.
While it is true that modders can fix the damage model (and for the most part, some mods have), the more mods that we have to install to fix problems with the vanilla game, the less stable the game becomes, as different mods can conflict with each other. Mods should really be for expanding on the base game, not fixing its large fundamental problems.

Armor damage model not working properly is an important issue which negatively affects many areas of the singleplayer game (tactics, troop balance, weapon balance, longevity of companions and the player, duration of battles). It's just as valuable a use of their time as anything else in the core game. Please don't discourage TW from fixing it.

Last edited:
While it is true that modders can fix the damage model (and for the most part, some mods have), the more mods that we have to install to fix problems with the vanilla game, the less stable the game becomes, as different mods can conflict with each other. Mods should really be for expanding on the base game, not fixing its large fundamental problems.
EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-max-1mb.gif

While i agree with previous posts that mods should be expanding on the base game i think we all pretty much understand the reality. No offense to Duh or any other developer since this sh**show is not their fault but we can all agree at this point that atleast we can have a decent battle generator game where modders will pickup the pace and add all the kingdom management and roleplaying aspects we all desire to see.

I just really hope that TW will help the modders or the very least will not create any kind of roadblocks.

While i agree with previous posts that mods should be expanding on the base game i think we all pretty much understand the reality. No offense to Duh or any other developer since this sh**show is not their fault but we can all agree at this point that atleast we can have a decent battle generator game where modders will pickup the pace and add all the kingdom management and roleplaying aspects we all desire to see.

I just really hope that TW will help the modders or the very least will not create any kind of roadblocks.
plenty of roadblocks there now, big issues with the major mods since tw hasnt fixed their ****.

so lame that warband features like most importantly telling lords to go attack some place or defend etc is not even going to make it in. wtf how is that so difficult i just dont get it.

this is exactly what i want from the devs. it's obvious these wont be implemented in a year or so but if this isn't what we get in the final product i'll be very disappointed. though they already sold the game to me so they don't have many reasons to be more productive.

Puh I havent played the game since April 2020 and I came back yesterday.
After 2 hours im tired of the game again!!!
Mostly because all mods arent update till now.

The game feels so bad without mods I really cant play it more than an hour without mods because there is nothing logical you can do in that game to be honest.

Every talk is the same. You cant really talk to your Companions and give them orders.Cant do anything with your wife or children
Nothing to do in castles or towns only fight fight fight and the fights are very bad without Realistic Battle Mods.

Sieges are lame af and dont make fun.

I really hope the modders are updating all the mods bcs without mods I feel the game is really really empty and bad

Thanks - we are looking forward to your reply.

I would strongly advise taking a very close look at the Realistic Battle Mod with the dev team and reaching out to the modders directly (one is on the forum) for any questions.

It is generally regarded as the top mod for combat in Bannerlord right now.

Thanks - we are looking forward to your reply.

I would strongly advise taking a very close look at the Realistic Battle Mod with the dev team and reaching out to the modders directly (one is on the forum) for any questions.

It is generally regarded as the top mod for combat in Bannerlord right now.
I second this, Realistic battle mod is one of the most popular mods on the nexus, an absolute must have to me to be able to enjoy the game.

The devs don't even need to go half as deep in realism as in that mod, just taking a few notes and inspirations from it would already improve tenfold the balance of battles and armors in general.

Seriously though, how hard is it to have 1 person spend a couple of weeks making way more interesting dialogues all-around.
TW appears to cut corners at every single opportunity they're given to do it. Where's the ambition to take things to the next level and make Bannerlord the very best it can be?

The worst is the leadership are looking at reviews (which are positive) and all the money they made and thinking everything is great and the people in this forum un-happy are just the "Well you can't always make everyone happy" crowd.

Where's they were actually really lucky getting so many positive meme reviews right from the EA launch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom