Community Driven Projects

Users who are viewing this thread

Looking at the recent competition that was hosted by taleworlds, I would think it would be great to see some multiplayer map competitions. Have the community vote on what map they want to see go into further development/testing. The bannerlord community is talented af, use this resource as I can see some top level maps/content coming from our community. Perfect example is bannerlord online, this was said to not be possible and it was released in EA.

The idea is great and I completely support it, however the issue so far has been that there is no way for the creators to test their maps with other players.

It would be awesome if the developer's lent out a test server for the map-makers or something, but that's very wishful thinking.

The idea is great and I completely support it, however the issue so far has been that there is no way for the creators to test their maps with other players.

It would be awesome if the developer's lent out a test server for the map-makers or something, but that's very wishful thinking.
Thats why im saying community votes on what they think is the best in terms of visual and map layout. The testing will be conducted by Taleworlds, they have a dedicated testing team and their own private test servers. They could have the map creator participate in these testing's though.

Thats why im saying community votes on what they think is the best in terms of visual and map layout. The testing will be conducted by Taleworlds, they have a dedicated testing team and their own private test servers. They could have the map creator participate in these testing's though.
I could sort of get the visual aspect of it, but usually prototyping is the very first stage and done from a purely gameplay perspective, where the map would be roughly blocked out and tested in an MP environment to see how the gameplay pans out. The developers would pretty much have to create the map from scratch regardless, though they could get ideas on themes and aesthetics.

Either way, I'm happy if they did decide to go through with it. At the very least there is the old Beta custom servers that some people have access to, and it's definitely possible to create your own MP code if you're some sort of genius (Banner lord Online) though the best case scenario would be TW giving some sort of official support.

At the end of the day we need new maps and content so they could even hold the contest to remake a Warband map that's presumably already been prototyped and balanced.

I could sort of get the visual aspect of it, but usually prototyping is the very first stage and done from a purely gameplay perspective, where the map would be roughly blocked out and tested in an MP environment to see how the gameplay pans out. The developers would pretty much have to create the map from scratch regardless, though they could get ideas on themes and aesthetics.

Either way, I'm happy if they did decide to go through with it. At the very least there is the old Beta custom servers that some people have access to, and it's definitely possible to create your own MP code if you're some sort of genius (Banner lord Online) though the best case scenario would be TW giving some sort of official support.

At the end of the day we need new maps and content so they could even hold the contest to remake a Warband map that's presumably already been prototyped and balanced.
idk, I dont think the map would have to be completely scrapped. Maps are pretty easy to balance in this game, you dont have to worry about head glitching, smoke spots, or wall bangable locations like a CSGO maps(most of these maps just follow a tri-lane format because its a proven format). The only balance in this game is you need cav lanes, archer perches and even travel times to each point. A map developer can prob get a map 60%-75% completed without testing in this game specifically . most maps end up being a mirror of one side with slight tweeks.

Though warband map remakes would be unreal to have

idk, I dont think the map would have to be completely scrapped. Maps are pretty easy to balance in this game, you dont have to worry about head glitching, smoke spots, or wall bangable locations like a CSGO maps(most of these maps just follow a tri-lane format because its a proven format). The only balance in this game is you need cav lanes, archer perches and even travel times to each point. A map developer can prob get a map 60%-75% completed without testing in this game specifically . most maps end up being a mirror of one side with slight tweeks.

Though warband map remakes would be unreal to have
That's true, I guess a TDM map contest would be especially easy. I wouldn't even mind just some basic flat terrain maps, though the cavalry spam would be insane.

Some dude remade the iconic arena map from Warband and posted it on the forum a bit back, looked real nice. It'd be fitting that they brought that back.

Back
Top Bottom