Community Art ! [first post depository]

Users who are viewing this thread

Very nice, Stýr!

But, assuming his thumb is on the other side of the shaft, it seems our wísa has six fingers on his right hand.  :eek:

Thanks thanks  :eek: That finger was unfortunate, it's funny how one can go blind while working on something. I guess hands will always be my nemesis drawingwise.

Here's a piece I worked on today, I call it "Gael meets the youth". All freehand this time, not perfect but I think the meaning gets across :smile:
xskGEG4.jpg

Scion said:
Thanks thanks  :eek: That finger was unfortunate, it's funny how one can go blind while working on something. I guess hands will always be my nemesis drawingwise.

Here's a piece I worked on today, I call it "Gael meets the youth". All freehand this time, not perfect but I think the meaning gets across :smile:
xskGEG4.jpg
Wow those face expressions, cool men :smile: love it

Just did this one (scanner seemed to not pick up some parts for some reason, so I had to correct it in photoshop, and applied a halftone):
ab68d91cb3c3a552aa3a49423a6cdb14-d88nepv.png

From back in April:
anglo_saxon_thegn_by_yuefei-d7e457z.png

Amazing work! I love the light, the details, the hard colours. Very moody, as Þorkell suggested. Lovely how you imply the tree by just brushing shadow and light on the surface. It all feels very tactile and real.

This scene calls up an entire story!

I concur with what the others have said - the lighting and "simple" colours make it very atmospheric. Also the slightly hazy look it has - no sharp edges or high "resolution" of the textures throughout the entirety of the picture - a bit of a colourblob... I love it.

Just looking at the picture is making me relax. Thanks, Skvor.

WOW, thank you guys. I'm really glad it actually does soften your hard bred warrior soles :grin:

The approach here is based on combination of sharp and soft edges. Here, only the borders of the light and shade create hard defined shapes. Shades are gloomy. This was the first trial and I plan to push it even further as I proceed with more paintings as time goes.

Also, it actually means a lot to me you stopped by and thought of how the painting makes you feel. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom