Community Art ! [first post depository]

Users who are viewing this thread

here you go King :smile:
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1451/mabactionwlpejpr.jpg
Are you going to cheange your background picture every time I post new one? :grin:

Mammoet: Great, thanks for feedback. I dont like spear bags eather but I get the feeling there should be something detailed on his back and textured hide cloak is somehow not enough for me. And you are probably right about that spear. I'll look into it.

No a spear bad would look weird and it isn't accurate. But some nice pictures you have there, would be great to have it as a loading screen.

hello friends, this is my final product for now.
mabactionfinal2.jpg

and this is for King !!! 1680x1050 just as he likes it
mabforking.jpg

so? what do you think

btw: dont forget to sign up for the event !!!

°°Caradoc Mòr°° said:
I've found this idea very interesting, and, having some skills in drawing, here's my contribute: a brave Rus fights a fierce Viking!

133225t.png

Can you modify it for desktop wallpaper, 1680x1050? Awesome composition and colors.

skvor said:
Are you going to cheange your background picture every time I post new one? :grin:

Mammoet: Great, thanks for feedback. I dont like spear bags eather but I get the feeling there should be something detailed on his back and textured hide cloak is somehow not enough for me. And you are probably right about that spear. I'll look into it.

To be completely honest, I liked the picture before this one more. In my opinion there's cooler lightning and color effects in that one also there's somehow a cooler skybox as well. Though I liked the details more in the last one (landscapes). I like it how the guys are more detailed then the envoirment, also, you could try load some arrows into one of those sheilds, would look more chaotic.

Recruitademt said:
skvor said:

To be completely honest, I liked the picture before this one more. In my opinion there's cooler lightning and color effects in that one also there's somehow a cooler skybox as well. Though I liked the details more in the last one (landscapes). I like it how the guys are more detailed then the envoirment, also, you could try load some arrows into one of those sheilds, would look more chaotic.
I thought something similar... I liked the blurry environment of the old version, though there are also things that I like better in the new picture. Mixture of both would be beyond awsome :smile:
But of course thats all a matter of taste.

Really hope te team finds a way to include that stuff. Is it possible to have a new randomly selected loading/menu screen on each session or something like that? I reckon its not, never seen it in any mod.
What I can think of is to include multiple optional screens which can be exchanged by the user to his liking via copy-paste (like with the optional font. A batch file for the lacy ones wouldn't be hard to make either)

first of all, I would like to thank you for all those positive comments!

and for those who like the old one better... I see you are complaining basically about level of detail in background, light in behind and darkness of "skybox"

So here are my reasons: I was thinking of light source in back. It appears to be sun. But if there is sun shining on all the mountains  and making this super cool hard light effect in foreground, why is sky so dark? yeah that is the problem, if you look on any photo, you will see that mountains in background are allways darker than the sky no matter what time of day is! So I decided to change it. It may be not as cool as it was, but it is definitely more realistic.
About detail leveling... yeas, background is now more detailed, but so are the soldiers in front. in fact, mountains are even less contrasted (that improves the feeling of space). I can blur them a bit, yeas, but I am not sure if it helps (they are fine with me as they are now).
Last thing, about chaotic look. Picture it self may feel a bit empty as there are no strong brush strokes now. few arrows wont help. I was thinking about larger number of soldiers though.

Don't get me wrong, I like rough paintings as the one before. And I would gladly continue in a bit different way. But we must not forget about this two other pictures in game. Artists must keep the style in one pack, its a basic rule!!! That's why the colour spectrum got small green/blue injection, also new version of menu screen have this colour correction like Kretti's loading screen.       

hi all, we have a special day today. 12th of November, the Danegeld event !!!
so I thought it would be nice to show off something new

If you are tired of current dark menu screen, I did some minor changes  to make it more interesting.
menu9small.jpg

Oi! another artist ...!  :eek:
omg, I think I kinda got lost in cRPG so much, that I missed some most of the action around here (though I guess you wouldn't know me anyways).

your stuff is great - your paintings got way more tension than mine I think.
You also made the current loadingscreen for vikingr, too, right? Yeah, that highly inspired me to try my luck with some loadingscreens for cRPG - and I succeeded :wink:

But if I take a look at the first version of that spear->cav picture I would say that it lost some of its energy with the later versions somehow.
I mean this one
skvor said:
has much more action, because of its contrast, than this one
skvor said:
imho

I like the maiden, too. It looks really neat in the skinparts - I never get skin tones right ...
And I'm wondering if you often use references?

(if you need proof that I know what I am talking about, look up 'Kajia's workshop' over at the cRPG forum. I don't want to steal your show, therefore no link here :shock:; I know, it's weird.)

Howdy,
current loading screen is not my job. Guy named Kretti did it . To avoid any confusions. My new loading screen is not going to replace it, its just for the second one which appears when loading multiplayer. I agree that it isn't that dynamic and action or whatever, I am not blind :smile:, but its very stylized and light is unrealistic, I wrote my reasons already so I am not going to repeat my self.

About references.... I use them VERY rarely. Maiden is whole made up and for this loading screen, I used only horse head.

Now about your workshop. I must say I like it very much, good thing you did not post link by the way, thank you :grin: Maybe we can teach few tricks each other? what do you say?

Back
Top Bottom