SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Comments about Aserai Troops and Culture

Users who are viewing this thread

I understand that the Tier 3 Tribal Horseman might count for the “Skirmish Cav” thoughts as well, and I’m willing to concede that point, but camel Cav needs to make it in there.

And all trees don’t need to look and branch the same. The thing about the Aserai is they may be the faction that needs a deeper tree then others, not a more shallow one. I love the Khuzaits. But you’ll notice I’m not making the same argument for them, who I feel are in an excellent place are far as unit structure goes. They have great Cav archer representation in both their main tree and supplemental/elite trees.

You’ll notice this difference in Vlandia, Sturgia, and the Empire. While all three have Heavy Cav as their specialty tree, only the Vlandians have Cavaliers in their main line as well, ensuring there is plenty of access.

So being the premier light Cav faction, with Vlandians taking Heavy and Khuzaits taking Horse Archers, it’s odd to not have a javelin throwing harassment Cav option in their main tree, just like it’a odd to not have bowmen in Battanians main tree, and assign one of those other roles to the hide wearing troops (name is slipping me).

And if they combine the two concepts of a javelin throwing camel Cav in the main tree (not ideal, as I think horse light Cav and medium camels both have a deserved seat at the table) that’s a fair concession as well.

Ideally Aserai cover 7 fronts (Shock Infantry, Medium Infantry, Archers, Horse Archers, Light Skirmish Cav, Medium Camels, And 6th Tier Medium Shock Cav) as part of the main army, and the specialty trees are where camel archers and the like are covered.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom