Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

NOTALLOFDALLAS! said:
The game wont even start for me. It always gives me an RGL error and says it cant open Modules/gekokoju/Resource/bogmir.brf

After looking around it seems this error happens when you do not have a good enough graphics card/ the graphics are to high.

jwagne51 said:
NOTALLOFDALLAS! said:
The game wont even start for me. It always gives me an RGL error and says it cant open Modules/gekokoju/Resource/bogmir.brf

After looking around it seems this error happens when you do not have a good enough graphics card/ the graphics are to high.

Just would like to say that I am also having this problem, just instead of bogmir.brf it's Textures_face_gen.brf. Also can you provide a source on that graphics card thing? Just curious, seeing as my graphics card is a gtx 670 I don't think it should have trouble with this mod. I've downloaded it in the past and played it without any problems.  Thought I would re-download since I'm getting back into shogun 2 as well.

NOTALLOFDALLAS! said:

Did you try to start the mod with "Load Textures on demand" activated? You can activate this in the Warband startup settings.

Ok first of all, thank you phlpp for this great MOD. So here is my problem, Yukino****a Armory. I don't know what I actually did but somehow the whole Yukino****a Armors; from retainers to date retainer as well as the Yukino****a Armors. Are losing animation.

And another thing, i used tweakmb to create my own troops out of fun, some of my units did not carry weapons but they do have the sashimono.

If you guys don't mind.... could you help me?
To clarify things here are some things i took to show you guys

mb1.jpg
The blank sashimono

H_sfUL20uGef-JXLhivcGncQaIYCtUlvdY2b396WCQ=w803-h643-no
The armors

NekoXluna said:
Ok first of all, thank you phlpp for this great MOD. So here is my problem, Yukino****a Armory. I don't know what I actually did but somehow the whole Yukino****a Armors; from retainers to date retainer as well as the Yukino****a Armors. Are losing animation.

And another thing, i used tweakmb to create my own troops out of fun, some of my units did not carry weapons but they do have the sashimono.

mb1.jpg
The blank sashimono

The armors
Hmm, the textures might be glitched? do you have "load texture on demand" ticked?
And the blank sashimono is already reported by peoples
EDIT: tweakmb isn't for creating troops, do you mean morgh's editor? or troop editor? (i remember the tool but forgot the name)

deuxhero said:
For factions that are likely to border eachother quickly, Tokugawa and Uesugi have really similar colors. I'd recommend changing one.

Agree.. In my playthrough the Tokugawa and Uesugi expanded their territory pretty fast that they become neighbors, Battering the Takeda clan to ashes.

KhivalrousBear said:
NekoXluna said:

mb1.jpg
The blank sashimono

The armors
Hmm, the textures might be glitched? do you have "load texture on demand" ticked?
And the blank sashimono is already reported by peoples
EDIT: tweakmb isn't for creating troops, do you mean morgh's editor? or troop editor? (i remember the tool but forgot the name)

yeah i had the "load texture on demand" checked.
Yes, it is  "Morgh's editor" sorry.
Is it possible that the texture of the yukino****a glitched because i set the render method to directx 7, instead of 9?

Yeah I'm having the same problem when i try to launch the module. It's always coming up with an error saying it cannot open file: "Modules/gekokoju/Resource/textures_face_gen.brf" Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I've tried to redownload it multiple times and about halfway through it, the file says it's corrupted. I've really been wanting to play this mod so any help would be much appreciated.

Ry1459 said:
Yeah I'm having the same problem when i try to launch the module. It's always coming up with an error saying it cannot open file: "Modules/gekokoju/Resource/textures_face_gen.brf" Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I've tried to redownload it multiple times and about halfway through it, the file says it's corrupted. I've really been wanting to play this mod so any help would be much appreciated.

Try a different mirror, or change the time of the day that you download it.

Ry1459 said:
oppai said:
Waffenbaum said:
Getting some errors when opening the gekokujo_3.0_beta rar file. Is that supposed to happen?
Downloaded it twice to be sure and it keeps happening both times. Something about the music folder.

oppai said:
For those having problems with the downloads (unknown network error. unsuspected end of archive, missing files, etc.) like i had, do this
toxic-nova said:
had you tried to download with a download manager like DownThemAll for firefox? For me this solved such errors.

tried it and it worked and now i'm playing 3.0 :grin: hope it helps...

Phlpp should ask for a "child board" new Gekokujo forum or something and have all this on a sticky, with bug reports ans screenshots threads separately and stuff... just sayin :razz:

Can you guys tell me if this method actually works? I mean it worked for me but I feel like maybe it doesn't  for others so I should probably stop posting this??

Just a question, is there no general tsubo ates? If you have the time, the general vests should also all be slightly sized up to accommodate for the armors the vests were initially not designed for.

Played the open beta a bit, and I like that the tachi is actually substantially longer than the katana (But it's set to be holstered like a normal sword instead of the reversed katana sheathing style, is that intentional or is it just a flipped model in the .brfs?). I feel like the Chinese swords need to be slightly nerfed in terms of speed. They are both substantially longer than their japanese counterpart, and in the terms of the changdao (the daikatana/nodaichi equivalent), even faster than the nodaichi despite having the same width profile and having 30+ more length than the nodaichi. The new guns are a very nice touch and the new designer weapons even more. Another thing I wanted to point out is that having the one handed ninjato sheathed at the back is kind of weird, perhaps a waist holster (like the tantos) would suit the agent theme more? I also liked what you have done with the kanabo catalog of weapons (Tetsubo ftw).

jacobhinds said:
it's from my mod, but the animations are for gekokujo. I was doing some odd-jobs on fragmotion so i thought, why not do the bow animations while i'm here.
i like how that looks!

how is it in first person? the reason i didn't use scherbyna's animation (although i believe it's still in the brfs i included in the beta) is because it was okay in third person but kind of wonky in first person

Clone1710 said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I encountered following problem today:

I started as an Ashigaru and fought my way up until I was confident enough to be promoted to Ji-Samurai.
As I "looted" a horse earlier, I equipped it, but when a battle started, I was still on foot. Went to the chest, put the horse in my equipment again, but my character was still afoot.
i don't know if this had been answered yet, but i think you can't actually put on a horse in the middle of a battle despite being available in your chest --  however, you can change your equipment in the campaign map via the buttons at the bottom as normal, but not through the hotkey, if i remember correctly

deuxhero said:
Got a quest to destroy a bandit layer around Nagashino (I found it trying to find where all the bandits on my borderlands were coming from and went to find whatever lord would destroy it). The map is just a mess.

Bandits never spawn in the front tower (the one directly ahead) which defeats the purpose, instead they are super concentrated inside and will quickly kill you with their massed guns.
pbm2jov.jpg

Pathfinding for allies is pretty screwy, if I try giving them any orders that would involve them moving to the island with the castle they go into the river and stay there (enemies also seem to like going into the river latter on in this fight). They perform fine if I leave them on charge though.
BW3nMle.jpg

Also the water is fairly deep (native never gets that high in Warband. One of the quick battles in original had a moat that high, but nowhere else in the least version), especially with the new crouching ability. Minor problem though

wbrJ33N.jpg

Oh, some stuff I took screenshots of but never posted.

This castle layout is a deathtrap for the defenders thanks to the hill outside
MIPvm6q.jpg

The inventory here is underwater.
iaO6XoF.jpg
out of all those concerns, it's the hill in that castle layout that bugs me that i missed, gah!

phlpp said:
jacobhinds said:
it's from my mod, but the animations are for gekokujo. I was doing some odd-jobs on fragmotion so i thought, why not do the bow animations while i'm here.
i like how that looks!

how is it in first person? the reason i didn't use scherbyna's animation (although i believe it's still in the brfs i included in the beta) is because it was okay in third person but kind of wonky in first person
In the spirit of that, the two handed animation for overhead swings is really difficult to time in first person due to the model's arm blocking out most of your center view. This is worst with the samurai outfit.

I like all the little Kurosawa references, was interesting fighting both Sanjuro and Kambei in a tournament :smile:

the only bug I've encountered so far that made me quit the game was when I went to the village on Hakaido and killed all the villagers, I couldn't then get off the "continue" screen and just kept on being given an endless amount of gold everytime I clicked continue, had to revert to my last savegame.

I has a stupid question. Is Youmu still in as an NPC, and can she be made a
daiMYON olololololo  :mrgreen:
?

Happy beta testing to everyone. I just wanted to say that I look forward to the finished product, and appreciate your effort.  :oops:

Back
Top Bottom