Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

GrizzlyAdamz said:
Chaosfire220 said:
Is there any way to challenge a lord(or even a great lord) to single combat?
And even kill them and completely remove them from the game?
Someone rustle your jimmies?

Nah I just really like that sort of thing.
The whole duel to the death scene is pretty exciting, might even delete my save if I lose.

I was considering that. Also an option to allow your lord prisoners to commit seppuku (grants you honor). But it's on the backburner. There's too much basic stuff to do right now. Last weekend I slogged through the texturing so that all the current black armors are far more black and changed the straps on the hara-ate armor from white to dark blue.

phlpp said:
I was considering that. Also an option to allow your lord prisoners to commit seppuku (grants you honor). But it's on the backburner. There's too much basic stuff to do right now. Last weekend I slogged through the texturing so that all the current black armors are far more black and changed the straps on the hara-ate armor from white to dark blue.

It'd make sense for that option to be available given that Musashi is in the game.
I'd also appreciate more asian faces, but that's not really a priority at all, good work on your mod.

Oh and I sold a prisoner, it said 2900 mon added to treasury and got no money from it.
And also one time when I won a tourney my money got reset to 0, but that only happened once.
Oh and please give us options on how to set up tournaments, I'm a big fan of the 1v1 type and I absolutely abhorr the 3 teams with 8 fighters each ****, I played some mod(I don't remember which one) that allowed you to do just that in the camp menu.
Also right now I can attack patrols and not get into any sort of trouble as far as I know, dunno if that's intentional but it doesn't seem right.

1v1 is incredibly easy for the pc without better ai. I can win the melee practice consistently if I spawn with a nodachi- just bum-rush them as they spawn, one at a time, and you can do them in with a single hit if you time it right. Wind up with ~24 of the 30 ko's each round.

GrizzlyAdamz said:
1v1 is incredibly easy for the pc without better ai. I can win the melee practice consistently if I spawn with a nodachi- just bum-rush them as they spawn, one at a time, and you can do them in with a single hit if you time it right. Wind up with ~24 of the 30 ko's each round.

I know it's easy but it doesn't make it any less cooler.
Tournaments are easy overall.
1v1 means it goes by quicker and you don't get hit by some dude shooting arrows a mile away while you aren't looking.
I just want the option to turn it into 1v1 fights, not make it so everyone has to play it like that.

i think instead of adding more things i think that we should just let marty finish what hes doing right now get 3.0 update out of the way THEN think of adding all these other things at a later point =\

unkowned said:
i think instead of adding more things i think that we should just let marty finish what hes doing right now get 3.0 update out of the way THEN think of adding all these other things at a later point =\

Just making suggestions, not telling the modder to do everything right away.
None of what I mentioned is needed but it'd add a nice touch to it.

By the way, according to the first page the modder is going to add a multiplayer feature, how would that work? Through battle time or are is he developing something new?

This mod is GREAT, thank you so much for all of your hard work phlpp! I can't wait to see what else you have in store  :grin:

QuailLover said:
You might like this, if you decide to expand one vs one duels.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284720.0.html

If I recall the code is on page 3, but later pages may have updates.
yeah i mentioned i was going to integrate that at some point. i might even make a toned down version of that part of the npc companion and lord AI! possibly tied to their weaponmaster skill, of course -- can't have george or marisa suddenly doing backflips and taking down ashigaru left and right, now can we?

Any ETA on the new patch? Even a very rough estimate like within the next month, within the next 6 months, etc.? Because I'm working on some edits that should make archery and muskets a bit more realistic and fun.

phlpp said:
QuailLover said:
You might like this, if you decide to expand one vs one duels.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284720.0.html

If I recall the code is on page 3, but later pages may have updates.
yeah i mentioned i was going to integrate that at some point. i might even make a toned down version of that part of the npc companion and lord AI! possibly tied to their weaponmaster skill, of course -- can't have george or marisa suddenly doing backflips and taking down ashigaru left and right, now can we?
IMHO, please don't implement it too much (limited it dueling and such), rescuing Lord from prison is already very hard (on Hard Combat AI and 100% Dmg, it's really tough for Lords to live long enough for me to kill all the guards since in Japan we don't use shields)

My understanding of that mod is it's really for duels and certain officers ("hero" and "boss" as the modder put it), not common soldiers and guards. Meaning you'll pick which NPCs to attach the script to. It should be great for kings and lords so that they don't friggen fall too quickly on the field or especially in duels. As it is now when I challenge a lord to a duel I usually only need to block once and attack once and the guy goes down, even on the fastest/hardest possible AI settings. Pretty sad Native AI.

Just pointing out again: we would run into this ai multiple times in every tourny, and it arguably makes our companions better than us- if the pc's still bum-rushed we won't be able to stick around as long as companions with this system, and if we aren't bum-rushed we become even more godly vs the native AI.

That's why I was asking him for options on the thread, so we can tone it down for the purpose of this mod. Because honestly I think I'm up to par on skill level with that AI. Not bragging. I think a lot of people who play PVP are, and it becomes normal to do feints and to read attacks for blocking. Heck in PVP a lot of games have forced manual block direction. You get used to it. Even without the crazy AI in that video, playing tournaments or even normal field combat in some other mods like Prophesy of Pendor will teach you the hard way to learn to react quickly and to position yourself to take as little damage as possible while still being able to hit, because they have a huge stat advantage and can swing a sword faster than you almost always.

In the videos it's quite obvious that the "boss" AI is not unkillable. That said, I think if he could provide the option to remove the unfair animation advantages like the faster footwork animation and backflips, it would be great for the bot to have better calculations of block timing and sidestepping, and that should be enough for this mod.

awesome mod. is there a wiki out there for this game im after a weapons list

Though as a suggestion
  a way to combat enhanced super ai would be add player abilities like in light and darkness. could call them sword kata's and could be learned from masters dotted about the place.or learnt the hard way from lords. i'm not talking about over the top stuff, but attacks with utility, like an aoe knockback for when ur bum rushed by 20 guys maybe a roundhouse slash  or triple/double strike.  a leap strike, maybe even a somersault strike for those who dont don heavy armour.

as a rule all these abilities would be lower damage than the standard attack,mainly just there for the utility.in path of darkness they implement an energy/stamina bar for the abilities. i understand how hard this actually is though and why so few mods have  combat abilities. keep up the good work

That's a lot harder to implement than it sounds in the M&B engine really. It isn't impossible I think but I sincerely doubt phlpp would be into putting the time in for that. Maybe some other person versed with making scripts and animations and stuff.

Hitting multiple enemies in a single swing would be cool though especially if it works for regular soldiers too. I have not tested that, but at first glance it would need some adjustment to make it so that the damage on secondary targets is reduced (most of your attack damage is absorbed by the first guy, etc.).

Honestly I hope these kinds of features are implemented by default in Bannerlord. A splash/multi-hit attack would make shield walls in the Native game more useful, and Ashigaru spearmen in Gekokujo more important for keeping the enemy swordsmen and cavalry away.

Back
Top Bottom