Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

If I can, their numbers are hard to replace without clubbing peasants which in turn pisses off the clans. If I keep it up the whole of Japan will be after my ass unless the ronin let me into their hideouts, which I doubt, the pricks will probably just steal my onnabushis.

Thanks Lerfrid it was that  :wink: now I must work my English ^^

Thanks OneRing2RuleThemALL too, that's what I did when I loaded the mod, same order

Are there others updates after the 2.1a one ?

Is it specified anywhere just what are the differences between playing as a male/female player? I'm referring specifically to the opportunities that they speak of.

Here's a silly question, is anyone from Gekokujo currently playing CRPG, and if so...
would you like to start a Samurai clan called Gekokujo? PM if interested.

Dharcness said:
Say, is it possible to add battlesizer to the mod? Sometimes 150 just isn't enough.

No need, you can manually increase the battle size just like I do. Find the file "rgl_config" under my documents/mount and blade warband. Not the save games, now if you plan on regularly changing battle size, I suggest making a shortcut to the desktop from there so you can access it regularly. Now open it up until you find battlesize= and feel free to change it. 1.0 is 150 and if you change it to anything less in-game, you'll need to open it up to change it again, I personally leave it at 10.0 for about 900 people on screen.

edliu111 said:
Dharcness said:
Say, is it possible to add battlesizer to the mod? Sometimes 150 just isn't enough.

No need, you can manually increase the battle size just like I do. Find the file "rgl_config" under my documents/mount and blade warband. Not the save games, now if you plan on regularly changing battle size, I suggest making a shortcut to the desktop from there so you can access it regularly. Now open it up until you find battlesize= and feel free to change it. 1.0 is 150 and if you change it to anything less in-game, you'll need to open it up to change it again, I personally leave it at 10.0 for about 900 people on screen.

I use battlesizer for this and have no problems so yes, and edliu do you get lag or crashes with that high of a number? I heard somewhere that if you pass 300 you do?? :grin:

Hey is there something in the script i can change to stop script errors?
I know you said you are not rushing 3.0 but can you at least tell me how to fix the script error!
PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

first of all I just want to say this is my favorite mod for mount and blade, i've put over 30 hours into it  but still cannot wait for 3.0

I'm not a fan of the native animations, i think they look a bit...weak. the katana animations in the mod fix this for swords, but with spears, resting them gently in both hands at an angle doesn't feel right. personally i prefer the way they're held in Shogun 2 total war, and it always seemed to me as the most natural way to hold a light polearm when sprinting. so i had a play around with animations and this is the result:

uC8qjEL.jpg

(they also hold spears upright like this when idle)
Q5DQ6KU.jpg

I just wanted to know if the mod creator would like these animations ingame; they're unpolished at the moment but it wouldn't take much to polish them up.

also if anybody's interested I've changed the voices to something more japanese sounding (no more "viking roars"). thanks in advance and i hope you the very best in this truly great mod!

jacobhinds said:
Hi all,

first of all I just want to say this is my favorite mod for mount and blade, i've put over 30 hours into it  but still cannot wait for 3.0

I'm not a fan of the native animations, i think they look a bit...weak. the katana animations in the mod fix this for swords, but with spears, resting them gently in both hands at an angle doesn't feel right. personally i prefer the way they're held in Shogun 2 total war, and it always seemed to me as the most natural way to hold a light polearm when sprinting. so i had a play around with animations and this is the result:

uC8qjEL.jpg

Q5DQ6KU.jpg

I just wanted to know if the mod creator would like these animations ingame; they're unpolished at the moment but it wouldn't take much to polish them up.

also if anybody's interested I've changed the voices to something more japanese sounding (no more "viking roars"). thanks in advance and i hope you the very best in this truly great mod!

That looks great. They don't look very sloppy walking like that.

By the way, about the Japanese sounds... Where'd you get them? If they're from Shogun 2, the maker might have some copyright issues.

jacobhinds said:
Hi all,

uC8qjEL.jpg

Q5DQ6KU.jpg

They look quite fitting aye.

Though could you provide a side picture of them running? I ask because I think the spears in your first picture are being held in marching/ safe running position (completely upright or slightly tilted back for shoulder support). Having spears upright for idle would be fine for standing troops, but may I ask how does the animation play out when the idle spearmen are charged by the enemy?

Also, if I remember correctly, when charging, infantry usually have their short spears held like your picture, but tilted very much forward (as the length of the spear doesn't fatigue them as much as a pike for example) while pikemen preferred to hold their pikes with both hands and lean the pikes completely forward and charge with their pikes angled slightly upwards as it actually take longer than expected to deploy a pike from an upright position in battle (there's also the room issue). Another benefit from doing that I guess is that we can finally have a clue how much room a spear needs to be effectively deployed (Depth perception in a game is still something I can't do), as well as no longer having the awkward pike clipping through the ceilings, gates and doors during sieges as the spearmen now charges indoors with their spears lowered and ready. I imagine the forward stab animation might need to be shortened in that case as the current polearm stab animation would include the awkward lowering of the spear to the ready position from the awkward vanilla idle position, followed by the 'chambering' of the spear, which is pulling back the spear, then finally comes the thrust. It shouldn't unbalance the game as the idle spear and board animation in vanilla warband is already using the stance I described for short spears above. Still I think what you have there is already a good example of what can be done to make this already awesome mod even better.

The warcry mod also sounds like a really good idea. :grin:

Edit : I made a pretty paint picture to illustrate what I mean by the long spear/pike handling.

eSEDa.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

in the picture the spears are completely vertical. i understand what you're saying, but there are three reasons why i didnt do it like this.

1. holding a spear of any length horizontally is very tiring.

2. the game doesn't have different animations for "charging" and "running/fast walking". even when casually ambling around in a town, you'd be running with your spear pointing forwards, which would clip with everything in sight.

3. the main reason i did this was to make the mass of generally same-looking soldiers appear more coherent, since the at-an-angle spears clip with everything in a good metre radius, and in mosh pit battles there are spears everywhere, all pointing in different directions. i'd hate to be in a spear formation with the guy who holds his spear like this
Q5DQ6KU.jpg

"oi! tanaka! keep your blinkin' naginata up!"

i couldn't get good ingame images of them in formation, so i did a little doodle to sort of show what both animations look like from the side:

http://i.imgur.com/upwUUeH.jpg

i don't know about you but the top one looks a lot more energetic and coherent, especially when they're standing idle in formation. in addition, the spears don't look messy when the soldiers are facing in different directions.

but i appreciate the feedback; one of the main problems i think will be trying to blend the animations properly.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
jacobhinds said:
Hi all,

uC8qjEL.jpg

Q5DQ6KU.jpg

They look quite fitting aye.

Though could you provide a side picture of them running? I ask because I think the spears in your first picture are being held in marching/ safe running position (completely upright or slightly tilted back for shoulder support). Having spears upright for idle would be fine for standing troops, but may I ask how does the animation play out when the idle spearmen are charged by the enemy?

Also, if I remember correctly, when charging, infantry usually have their short spears held like your picture, but tilted very much forward (as the length of the spear doesn't fatigue them as much as a pike for example) while pikemen preferred to hold their pikes with both hands and lean the pikes completely forward and charge with their pikes angled slightly upwards as it actually take longer than expected to deploy a pike from an upright position in battle (there's also the room issue). Another benefit from doing that I guess is that we can finally have a clue how much room a spear needs to be effectively deployed (Depth perception in a game is still something I can't do), as well as no longer having the awkward pike clipping through the ceilings, gates and doors during sieges as the spearmen now charges indoors with their spears lowered and ready. I imagine the forward stab animation might need to be shortened in that case as the current polearm stab animation would include the awkward lowering of the spear to the ready position from the awkward vanilla idle position, followed by the 'chambering' of the spear, which is pulling back the spear, then finally comes the thrust. It shouldn't unbalance the game as the idle spear and board animation in vanilla warband is already using the stance I described for short spears above. Still I think what you have there is already a good example of what can be done to make this already awesome mod even better.

The warcry mod also sounds like a really good idea. :grin:

Edit : I made a pretty paint picture to illustrate what I mean by the long spear/pike handling.

eSEDa.jpg

Aside from the one already stated, in reality, only the first few rows of spearmen could hold their spears forward like that to charge. If the others would point their spears forward like that while running, they might accidentally stab the person in front of them. Shogun 2 has different run animations for running (marching) and charging (spears pointed to the front).  Unlike Shogun 2, Warband doesn't have a "charge" bonus advantage when a "couched spear" hits the enemy. Since it doesn't offer anything practical for it to be held forward, I would prefer the spears being held straight up. They'd look better that way.

Regarding your paint picture, the first pic actually demonstrates the easier stance as it would allow you to move more easily without accidentally poking stuff surrounding you. You might be referring to pikes here, and if so, I must tell you that Warband, or gekokujo, doesn't seem to have a brace spear function, so it's quite pointless if we have their spears pointing forward.

To illustrate what I am saying about Shogun 2, here's some pics of yari ashigaru running:
http://ccc-ccc.ca/tmp/temp_2012/stw2/ikko/ikko_120.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s453/GeorgTechHD/Shogun%202%20AAR/yari_ashigaru.jpg

And here's one where they are charging:
http://img.bhs4.com/50/f/50f47609898bc04f9009a6248e0ea8cdeef50574_large.jpg

Yes, you are right that they use that when they are charging, but it's pointless to add in warband as there's no "couched spear" or "braced spear" in Warband. Aside from that, I wouldn't mind having the charging spear stance though if there are more than one running animations. I can't really mod or anything, so I don't know if it would be possible to add in multiple running animations and if the game discerns between simply moving towards the enemy or charging towards the enemy.

This why I think the idea of the one who created the "spears up" animation is indeed great.

Not taking aesthetics into consideration here but as a practitioner of a Japanese koryu that has naginata as part of the curriculum, doing anything other than standing still with a naginata in one hand is very difficult  They are just too heavy.  Yari might be different.

willarchard said:
Hey is there something in the script i can change to stop script errors?
I know you said you are not rushing 3.0 but can you at least tell me how to fix the script error!
PLEASE!!!!!!!!
I apparently fixed this a long time ago for 2.1a, but I forgot all about it

http://www.offtopicbooks.com/gekokujo/scripts_fix.zip

Could any of you try that out and tell me if it works?

@jacobhinds: The spear anims are intriguing, and I am having trouble getting appropriate warcries (that I like) -- I'll coordinate with you about them when I have some free time!

Ermm, anyone getting weird looking trees in-game, not all of them but some species. In mine, they look like steel antenna towers with rectangular plates for leaves. I'm playing the Steam version (v1.15:cool: if that means anything, already tried verifying local cache files in case it was missing texture or something, no dice. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

@jonathanyu, i pulled my hair out over the same problem. turns out it's something wrong with the polished landscapes mod for warband, but some mods seem to have it solved while others don't. it's mainly a problem with the .brf resource files reading the wrong part of the texture, because even in openbrf they look wrong. I've modded gekokujo into oblivion so i cant remember the exact file that fixes it. for a start, make two .txt files called

flora_kinds
grass 6442469688324 5
grass_a  0
grass_b  0
grass_c  0
grass_d  0
grass_e  0
grass_bush 42950461452 2
grass_bush_a  0
grass_bush_b  0
grass_saz 2147485222924 2
grass_bush_c  0
grass_bush_d  0
grass_purple 2147484174348 2
grass_bush_e  0
grass_bush_f  0
fern 4294968083456 2
fern_a  0
fern_b  0
grass_steppe 6442469689352 5
grass_yellow_a  0
grass_yellow_b  0
grass_yellow_c  0
grass_yellow_d  0
grass_yellow_e  0
grass_bush_g 1717987707916 3
grass_bush_g01  0
grass_bush_g02  0
grass_bush_g03  0
grass_bush_h 1717987705860 3
grass_bush_h01  0
grass_bush_h02  0
grass_bush_h03  0
grass_bush_i 1717987705860 2
grass_bush_i01  0
grass_bush_i02  0
grass_bush_j 1717987707916 2
grass_bush_j01  0
grass_bush_j02  0
grass_bush_k 1717987705860 2
grass_bush_k01  0
grass_bush_k02  0
grass_bush_l 214748627972 2
grass_bush_l01  0
grass_bush_l02  0
thorn_a 214748627972 4
thorn_a  0
thorn_b  0
thorn_c  0
thorn_d  0
basak 300647713804 1
basak  0
common_plant 300647713804 1
common_plant  0
small_plant 214748630028 3
small_plant  0
small_plant_b  0
small_plant_c  0
buddy_plant 214748367884 2
buddy_plant  0
buddy_plant_b  0
yellow_flower 214748630028 2
yellow_flower  0
yellow_flower_b  0
spiky_plant 214748630028 1
spiky_plant  0
seedy_plant 214748367884 1
seedy_plant_a  0
blue_flower 128849021964 1
blue_flower  0
big_bush 128849021964 1
big_bush  0
bushes02_a 128849021964 3
bushes02_a  bo_bushes02_a
bushes02_b  bo_bushes02_b
bushes02_c  bo_bushes02_c
bushes03_a 128849019908 3
bushes03_a  0
bushes03_b  0
bushes03_c  0
bushes04_a 300647713804 3
bushes04_a  0
bushes04_b  0
bushes04_c  0
bushes05_a 300647713804 3
bushes05_a  0
bushes05_b  0
bushes05_c  0
bushes06_a 300647713804 3
bushes06_a  0
bushes06_b  0
bushes06_c  0
bushes07_a 300647713804 3
bushes07_a  bo_bushes07_a
bushes07_b  bo_bushes07_b
bushes07_c  0
bushes08_a 300647713804 3
bushes08_a  0
bushes08_b  0
bushes08_c  0
bushes09_a 300647713804 3
bushes09_a  bo_bushes09_a
bushes09_b  bo_bushes09_b
bushes09_c  bo_bushes09_c
bushes10_a 300647713804 3
bushes10_a  bo_bushes10_a
bushes10_b  bo_bushes10_b
bushes10_c  bo_bushes10_c
bushes11_a 300647713804 3
bushes11_a  0
bushes11_b  0
bushes11_c  0
bushes12_a 214748630028 3
bushes12_a  0
bushes12_b  0
bushes12_c  0
aspen 300647713804 3
tree_14_a  bo_tree_14_a
tree_14_b  bo_tree_14_b
tree_14_c  bo_tree_14_c
pine_1 17184066572 2
pine_1_a  bo_pine_1_a
Elysian_Fields GateKeeper
pine_1_b  bo_pine_1_b
pine_2 17184066572 1
pine_2_a  bo_pine_2_a
pine_3 17184066572 1
pine_3_a  bo_pine_3_a
pine_4 17184066572 1
pine_4_a  bo_pine_4_a
pine_6 17184066572 1
pine_6_a  bo_pine_6_a
snowy_pine 21479034896 1
tree_snowy_a  bo_tree_snowy_a
snowy_pine_2 21479034896 1
snowy_pine_2  bo_snowy_pine_2
small_rock 17184066572 3
tree_17_a  bo_tree_17_a
tree_17_b  bo_tree_17_b
tree_17_c  bo_tree_17_c
rock_snowy 21477003280 3
rock_snowy_a  bo_rock_snowy_a
rock_snowy_b  bo_rock_snowy_b
rock_snowy_c  bo_rock_snowy_c
rock 300647713804  3
pine_1_a  bo_pine_1_a
pine_1_b  bo_pine_1_b
bushes06_c  0
rock_snowy2 21477003280 3
tree_snowy_b  bo_tree_snowy_b
tree_1 300647713804 2
tree_2_a  bo_tree_2_a
tree_2_b  bo_tree_2_b
tree_3 21477003280 2
tree_3_a  0
tree_3_b  0
bush_snowy 21477003280 2
tree_3_a  0
tree_3_b  0
bush_snowy2 21477003280 2
tree_3_a  0
tree_3_b  0
bush_snowy3 21479034896 2
tree_3_a  0
tree_3_b  0
bush_snowy4 21479034896 2
tree_3_a  0
tree_3_b  0
bush_snowy5 21477003280 2
tree_3_a  0
tree_3_b  0
bush_snowy6 21479034896 2
tree_3_a  0
tree_3_b  0
grass_snowy1 21477003280 1
  bushes06_a  0
grass_snowy1b 21477003280 1
wi_bush1  0
grass_snowy2 21477003280 1
wi_bush2a  0
grass_snowy2b 21477003280 1
wi_bush2b  0
grass_snowy3a 21477003280 1
wi_bush3a  0
grass_snowy3b 21477003280 1
wi_bush3b  0
grass_snowy1 21477003280 1
bushes06_b  0
grass_snowy1b 21477003280 1
wi_bush1  0
grass_snowy2 21477003280 1
wi_bush2a  0
grass_snowy2b 21477003280 1
wi_bush2b  0
grass_snowy3a 21477003280 1
wi_bush3a  0
grass_snowy3b 21477003280 1
wi_bush3b  0
tree_4 17184066572 2
tree_20_a  bo_tree_20_a
tree_20_b  bo_tree_20_b
tree_5 300647713804 4
tree_5_a  bo_tree_5_a
tree_5_b  bo_tree_5_b
tree_5_c  bo_tree_5_c
tree_5_d  bo_tree_5_d
tree_6 17184066572 4
tree_6_a  bo_tree_6_a
tree_6_b  bo_tree_6_b
tree_6_c  bo_tree_6_c
tree_6_d  bo_tree_6_d
tree_7 17184066572 3
tree_7_a  0
tree_7_b  0
tree_7_c  0
tree_8 17184066572 2
tree_8_a  0
tree_8_b  0
tree_9 214748627972 3
thorn_a  0
thorn_b  0
thorn_c  0
tree_10 17184066572 3
tree_10_a  bo_tree_10_a
tree_10_b  bo_tree_10_b
tree_10_c  bo_tree_10_c
tree_11 17184066572 3
tree_11_a  bo_tree_11_a
tree_11_b  bo_tree_11_b
tree_11_c  bo_tree_11_c
tree_12 17184066572 3
tree_12_a  bo_tree_12_a
tree_12_b  bo_tree_12_b
tree_12_c  bo_tree_12_c
tree_14 300647713804 3
tree_14_a  bo_tree_14_a
tree_14_b  bo_tree_14_b
tree_14_c  bo_tree_14_c
tree_15 300647713804 3
tree_15_a  bo_tree_15_a
tree_15_b  bo_tree_15_b
tree_15_b  bo_tree_15_b
tree_16 300647713804 2
rock_d  bo_rock_d
rock_i  bo_rock_i
tree_17 17184066572 4
tree_17_a  bo_tree_17_a
tree_17_b  bo_tree_17_b
tree_17_c  bo_tree_17_c
tree_17_d  bo_tree_17_d
palm 17184071680 1
palm_a  bo_palm_a
tree_new_1 128849021964 2
tree_5_a  bo_tree_5_a
tree_5_b  bo_tree_5_b
bush_new_1 300647713804 2
bushes10_a  bo_bushes10_a
bushes10_b  bo_bushes10_b
bush_new_2 300647712776 1
bushes06_a  0
bush_new_3 17184066572 4
rock_h  bo_rock_h
rock_i  bo_rock_i
rock_d  bo_rock_d
rock_f  bo_rock_f
bush_new_4 300647713804 2
rock_d  bo_rock_d
rock_i  bo_rock_i
tree_new_2 17184066572 2
tree_11_a  bo_tree_11_a
tree_11_b  bo_tree_11_b
tree_new_3 17184066572 2
tree_11_b  bo_tree_11_b
tree_11_c  bo_tree_11_c
tree_plane 17184066572 2
tree_16_a  bo_tree_16_a
tree_16_b  bo_tree_16_b
tree_19 21477003280 1
tree_19_a  bo_tree_19_a
beech 12889099276 2
tree_17_a  bo_tree_17_a
tree_17_b  bo_tree_17_b
tall_tree 17184066572 1
tree_f_1  bo_tree_f_1
tree_e 17184066572 3
tree_e_1  bo_tree_e_1
tree_e_2  bo_tree_e_2
tree_e_3  bo_tree_e_3
tree_f 17184066572 3
tree_f_1  bo_tree_f_1
tree_f_2  bo_tree_f_2
tree_f_3  bo_tree_f_3
grape_vineyard 0 1
grape_vineyard  bo_grape_vineyard
grape_vineyard_stake 0 1
grape_vineyard_stake  bo_grape_vineyard_stake
wheat 17179872268 4
wheat_a  0
wheat_b  0
wheat_c  0
wheat_d  0
valleyRock_rounded 21476933632 4
valleyRock_rounded_1  bo_valleyRock_rounded_1
valleyRock_rounded_2  bo_valleyRock_rounded_2
valleyRock_rounded_3  bo_valleyRock_rounded_3
valleyRock_rounded_4  bo_valleyRock_rounded_4
valleyRock_flat 21476933632 6
valleyRock_flat_1  bo_valleyRock_flat_1
valleyRock_flat_2  bo_valleyRock_flat_2
valleyRock_flat_3  bo_valleyRock_flat_3
valleyRock_flat_4  bo_valleyRock_flat_4
valleyRock_flat_5  bo_valleyRock_flat_5
valleyRock_flat_6  bo_valleyRock_flat_6
valleyRock_flatRounded_small 21476933632 3
valleyRock_flatRounded_small_1  bo_valleyRock_flatRounded_small_1
valleyRock_flatRounded_small_2  bo_valleyRock_flatRounded_small_2
valleyRock_flatRounded_small_3  bo_valleyRock_flatRounded_small_3
valleyRock_flatRounded_big 21476933632 2
valleyRock_flatRounded_big_1  bo_valleyRock_flatRounded_big_1
valleyRock_flatRounded_big_2  bo_valleyRock_flatRounded_big_2

and ground_specs
gray_stone 4 stone_a 4.000000 none 0.700000 0.700000 0.700000
brown_stone 4 patch_rock 2.000000 none 0.700000 0.700000 0.700000
turf 5 grassy_ground 2.500000 ground_earth_under_grass 0.420000 0.590000 0.170000
steppe 7 ground_steppe 3.500000 ground_earth_under_steppe 0.850000 0.730000 0.360000
snow 5 snow 5.200000 none 1.400000 1.400000 1.400000
earth 7 ground_earth 3.500000 none 0.700000 0.500000 0.230000
desert 7 ground_desert 2.500000 none 1.400000 1.200000 0.400000
forest 5 ground_forest 4.200000 ground_forest_under_grass 0.600000 0.420000 0.280000
pebbles 5 pebbles 4.100000 none 0.700000 0.700000 0.700000
village 5 ground_village 7.000000 none 1.000000 0.900000 0.590000
path 7 ground_path 6.000000 none 0.930000 0.680000 0.340000

and input that text, then save them to gekokujo/data. if that doesn't work then it might be one of the .brfs

@phlpp thanks for the reply, and about the warcries and voices: they are from shogun 2, but from what i've seen in other mods, creative assembly is very cooperative when it comes to giving permission for using their resources. i'll send them an email and let you know.

Back
Top Bottom