Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

xXHADESFLAMESXx said:
Hello I just wanted to let you know that when I try to start a new game it freezes and crashes when it says starting game in the bottom

Hello, are you sure the game freezes? As mentioned many times in this thread, when creating a new character it takes some time (even on fast systems). Wait at least for five minutes the next time.

Hope it works for your :smile: .

Cheers...

I finally got around to improving the gun sounds. I also improved the gun particles (better smoke from when you shoot, added dust for when the bullet hits the ground) and gun animations (for when gunners crouch). It's not something you could take a screenshot of so I uploaded a couple of short clips on youtube. Both also show a few of the new bows in action and the first one also shows some of the new spears. None of the new armors and clothes are shown, unfortunately, and most of the work on 3.0 has been in the scripts and other code so far rather than new graphics (although those are coming up soon)

The sound and smoke effect are amazing and it is a tremendous improvement over old ones, it surely will add immerse feeling to the battlefield now.
Will the new <Clan> Skirmisher Unit lines will have specific mixed guns/bows ratio for each clan like you described before?
This is exciting!
And to see the mod is all built by one man, it's really amazing as well!

I got to say i love the mod so far but i got two problem with it. When i start in the Oda Clan, I always seem to me my demise really quick to the hands of the Ronin. I'm just wondering along the coast heading toward the Oda capital when i get blind sided by 15 Ronin. 1 Ronin is tough. 15-20 of them will decimate any army i will have in the first week of game play. So im asking could you make it so they have smaller party's or at least weaker in some respect?

Looks really amazing man, thanks for all your hard work. I've actually stopped playing my 2.1a campaign just because I don't want to get too invested since the save games won't work with 3.0! Amazing mod, really enjoying it.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
What's the next move, get lord Oba alone to follow you into battle while the rest of your lords regenerate troops, then do a tag team switch once most of them have near 100 troops and grant lord Oba his leave?

They were injured, but most of them kept on following me for a bit anyway. We successfully defeated the Date in a 300 vs 400 while they were besieging Yonezawa, and then I called off the campaign.

After that, I went to Kubota, picked up the spare 70 Hatamotos I had stationed there + other elite troops, and then travelled east and took Ichinoseki Castle by myself with an attacking force half the size of the defending force. Nasty stuff right there - ended up taking 100 arrows in and shot every single one, but I still had to pick up somebody else's sword and join the melee. I got knocked out before the end of the battle - but thank god for battle continuation, or these kinds of sieges would be nearly impossible.

I lost quite a few guys on that one - the loss of 12 hatamotos was especially problematic. They are NOT easy to train, and losing even just that many sets me back quite a long way in terms of time and money. I'm confident that if I can hang on to all these new fiefs though, that the sacrifices will be worth it.

Zeqe said:
Looks really amazing man, thanks for all your hard work. I've actually stopped playing my 2.1a campaign just because I don't want to get too invested since the save games won't work with 3.0! Amazing mod, really enjoying it.

Haha, I was a bit apprehensive of getting too invested with my saved game too. But then I found I just loved this mod too much, and now the race is on - can I conquer Japan before Gekokujo 3.0 comes out? We'll see. I feel like I've managed to carve out a REALLY good start so far, and I don't think there's any enemy on the map that can actually stop me anymore - but we will see.

---

I really like the new look and sound of the teppos. They've gone from little peashooters that hurt a bit to kickass hand-cannons - the way they should be.
No, seriously, I feel like making the sound effect that much more powerful will make the weapons themselves that much more powerful. I'll *feel* like I'm kicking that much more ass when I blast some annoying enemy lord in the face with one of the guns now.

Oh, guys, as for how skinny the arms in first person are... Have you ever noticed that the arms of a female character are always ridiculously skinny? It's actually the main reason I don't play female characters - I understand them not having the bulk of a male character, but DAMN, female characters look like they have no muscle at all when all male characters look really hunky.

Also, last thing from what I've seen - specifically in the first video. The Oda Hatamoto I saw looked absolutely BADASS. Maybe it's your graphics settings, maybe it's new equipment - I'm not sure - but that guy looked just really awesome in that armour.

As always, keep up the good work. It's good to see how far you've come with this.

Bluestrike said:
I got to say i love the mod so far but i got two problem with it. When i start in the Oda Clan, I always seem to me my demise really quick to the hands of the Ronin. I'm just wondering along the coast heading toward the Oda capital when i get blind sided by 15 Ronin. 1 Ronin is tough. 15-20 of them will decimate any army i will have in the first week of game play. So im asking could you make it so they have smaller party's or at least weaker in some respect?

In the grand scheme of things, the Ronin aren't really that strong.

After a while too, you will just LOVE having such large numbers of them there. With a 50-60 strong group of gunners, you can make absolute mincemeat out of any Ronin you encounter, and they drop gloriously good loot that you can outfit yourself and your companions with - katanas, nodachis, naginatas, war yumis, good chestplates, good helmets, good boots, and the best part about it is that a lot of this loot sells for very appreciable sums of cash.

You will begin to love having them attack you. They're an excuse to print cash. And exp. And party morale.

Seriously, that area around the river near Kiyosu? It's like the Peninsula of Powerlevelling dude. Killing dozens of parties of Ronin, giving yourself and your companions all of their stuff, selling the rest, then using that gear, cash and experience to kick ass and take names all over Japan? That's how you play Gekokujo.

Or at least that's how I did it. You might choose to accomplish getting rich and conquering Japan in another way.

You might not even want to conquer Japan. But that would be weird.

Your choice.

Still... Wondering if I could take over the kaga ikki or anything... And wouldn't it be cool if we had weapon breaking, it would give more meaning to the daisho. Also tournaments get so boring and repetitive, but they're so essential.. Any change they can be revamped? To maybe just one really difficult duel?

the ronin have been replaced with the "samurai rebels", which now spawn near kyoto and have been changed to occasionally have cavalry

there's a new bandit spawn near where the ronin used to be, for the "monk rebels", which have as many gunners as ronin used to have archers

woku pirates also now have guns instead of bows

the game now spawns more parties of every category, though still only at the same individual sizes as before. it ranges from 60% more for most bandits to 200% more for deserters

i hope it's manageable and not a slaughter-fest

Careful! :grin:

If you have TOO many, you might end up with a situation where the bandit parties routinely hunt down and defeat lords. While that'd be hilarious...

We'll see, I guess.

Back to more Gekokujo. I have a war to win.

After conquering Kaga Ikki for some time, I decided to make make my 3 (Marisa, Kaguya, George) companions into vassals. Then I thought of marrying one of the 2 female vassals. I waited for them to respawn then suddenly: "other suitor have captured my heart" and its both of them lol. My MC is damn unlucky. Is there a tweak to make them have a lesser chance of having a suitor?

On someone with 100 relation it always says on the mini note when talking to them: "she is vengeful" or something.

Back
Top Bottom