Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

hey phlpp ! I know you are planing on improving the variety of weapons and armors looks but I just wanted to know if you will make different kinds of helmets with a mempo mask instead of just the suji kabuto ?

Harada said:
hey phlpp ! I know you are planing on improving the variety of weapons and armors looks but I just wanted to know if you will make different kinds of helmets with a mempo mask instead of just the suji kabuto ?

He's been working on a huge new range of weapons, not sure about armors.

Harada said:

I hope they also make something like these:

Especially that Samurai armor that has a helmet that resembles a cut jingasa (well there's actually two of them there: first one and fourth man from the right). I also think that there should be an archer cloth hat in game. There's also those forehead protectors. (2nd man from the left)
1229926_10151751835531708_1089012317_n.jpg

And also... a bearded mempo to scare your enemies to death.
russet_armor_kabuto_mempo_lft.jpg

I think we can ask phlpp to make so many different pieces of armor ! He can't make them all, there were as many looks for armors as there were samurais  :lol: but we must ask something possible, I mean not armor looking of the previous centuries ^^

jacobhinds said:
:cry: creative assembly emailed me back. It's a no-no I'm afraid. Shame too, i could swear i saw a thread a while back where they'd asked for something similar and got a positive response.

@jonathanyu try overwriting them entirely. Make a backup though, as I'm not sure if that's what's causing the issue.

Yeah, i figured it out after noticing the files are essentially similar. Seem to have fixed the funky looking trees, but now there're trees growing out of the darndest places and weird scene objects (glowing white rocks and hay bales in villages)? There used to be little piles of glowing rocks here and there, none too noticeable, but now they've infested entire villages. I think I'll have to revert to the old files, those glowing things creep me out. Hopefully 3.0 doesn't have this issue.

there are a lot of things "off" in the polished landscapes mod i'm still trying to fix -- the weird disfigured trees you guys talked about for one, but also the ones that are full brightness at night. i think some collision models might still be messed up

@harada: yeah, menpo and hanbo options for all kinds of helmets is one goal -- i'm doing a helmet overhaul right now where i separate the menpo and maedate parts from the base helmets and just multimesh them together (if required). multi-meshes aren't rendered efficiently and have a slight performance impact, but i'm hoping it's minimal because i'd like it a lot better if i didn't have to reduplicate the maedates and menpos in every helmet texture (i wouldn't have much room for more than one menpo and a handful of maedate anyway, so i'd have to have multiple separate textures just to have menpo variation). since only elite tier troops and lords will have them, there shouldn't be excessive amounts in the field

@eiann: those look like throw-backs to kamakura and early muromachi kabutos -- i'd love to add those. the rest i already planned to add anyway -- hachimaki, happuri, the intricately-folded cloth caps (of different styles), the caps combined with the happuri, and so on

oppai said:
edliu111 said:
Dharcness said:
Say, is it possible to add battlesizer to the mod? Sometimes 150 just isn't enough.

No need, you can manually increase the battle size just like I do. Find the file "rgl_config" under my documents/mount and blade warband. Not the save games, now if you plan on regularly changing battle size, I suggest making a shortcut to the desktop from there so you can access it regularly. Now open it up until you find battlesize= and feel free to change it. 1.0 is 150 and if you change it to anything less in-game, you'll need to open it up to change it again, I personally leave it at 10.0 for about 900 people on screen.

I use battlesizer for this and have no problems so yes, and edliu do you get lag or crashes with that high of a number? I heard somewhere that if you pass 300 you do?? :grin:

I do, but usually battles don't get that big, and honestly, it depends on your machine, if it's powerful enough, it can handle more units, although, of course the program could generate an infinite number of models which would crash even the world's most powerful machine, but I digress, point is, if you can handle it, I feel that having big battles is much more fun late game, because you can bring your full power to bear, otherwise putting it as 15 let's you win early in your game very easily. Btw, call me Ed. ^_^

Eiann said:

since only elite tier troops and lords will have them, there shouldn't be excessive amounts in the field

@eiann: those look like throw-backs to kamakura and early muromachi kabutos -- i'd love to add those. the rest i already planned to add anyway -- hachimaki, happuri, the intricately-folded cloth caps (of different styles), the caps combined with the happuri, and so on

Hehehe... I field only Hatamoto units in my battles with other lords. Will I have problems with the mempo?

And yes please! Happuri and Hachimaki! That'd be great!

Is there a way to remedy or reduce the tax inefficiency in gekokujo? In reformist's youtube video he mention something about fixing it by meeting someone but he never quite elaborate more.

OneRing2RuleThemALL said:
Dharcness said:
Is there a way to remedy or reduce the tax inefficiency in gekokujo? In reformist's youtube video he mention something about fixing it by meeting someone but he never quite elaborate more.
TweakMB?

Somehow I knew the first answer would be TweakMB :razz:

Dharcness said:
Dharcness said:
TweakMB?

It would be but TweakMB doesn't work for Gekokujo right?

Bluestrike said:
Dharcness said:
Dharcness said:
TweakMB?

TweakMB does work with Gekokujo but the things you can edit are limited and tax inefficiency in Gekokujo is the same as Native... though Reformist probably was thinking about the Constable? to ask him to lower tax rates or something :grin:

Bluestrike said:
Dharcness said:
Dharcness said:
TweakMB?

No idea, but I was kinda hoping the remedy would come from gekokujo itself without using cheats or other programs. I mean I've search the entire japanese island high and low for help but couldn't remedy it. I even threw my wife, chamberlain and the constable into the dungeon but still the got tax inefficiency. :grin:

I looked at Reformist's youtube video, his tax inefficiency is staggering but at least he still earns a profit. Hmm, may be I can do the same.

If you're looking for more ornate designs on armors, perhaps look here:
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?56325-Daimyo-armor&p=1542564&viewfull=1

I just saw that random thread, and it sure did contain a lot of good looking armor especially for the Great Lords.
Perhaps you can implement them for the Great Lords only? 

I know you've been inundated with requests, but one thing I'd like to see is more off-duty clothes for samurai. Right now samurai wear rice clothes to realm feasts, which is quite literally a shameful display. Perhaps something like the current daimyo armour model, but without the armour, and in different colours.

jacobhinds said:
I know you've been inundated with requests, but one thing I'd like to see is more off-duty clothes for samurai. Right now samurai wear rice clothes to realm feasts, which is quite literally a shameful display. Perhaps something like the current daimyo armour model, but without the armour, and in different colours.
how about something like these?

119a.gif
118a.gif
117a.gif
116a.gif

plus imperial court clothes (if the player so chooses). that's what i have planned, anyway

Back
Top Bottom