Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

After the changes I did in 2.0 to 2.1a there really is too much peace. And with that I'm also noticing there's too much empty space where not much is going on. I'm still tweaking the strategic AI to be more warlike (without becoming as crazy as before), but I have increased the bandit activity like I said I would. There are also more deserter parties on the map but they now also include ashigaru parties so they shouldn't be instant death sentences for low level players anymore

I wish there were more npcs in castles. Whenever I walk around in my castle it seems so empty and lifeless. Also that overview map is genius. More mods should have that.

Need random servants just scattered around the place? I agree. I for one, wants just a bunch of NPCs sitting in your castle when you attend it, with your chamberlain and marshal among them. That would be awesome to say the least.

Something I notice, If you join a siege in progress, at the end of the siege your party won't gain any experience or nor any morale.

I join oda clan and join any sieges I can. But in the end my party don't earn any experience nor any morale. If there are, it might be so miniscule that I don't notice any changes.

Fantastic work on this modification, I've really enjoyed every moment of it.

I've had a series running on it since last month. I hope this has brought you even more traffic!

@Dharcness -- how many of your party was there? It should be proportional so if you brought in 20 and there were 400, you would only get a tiny share

this weekend i didn't work much on gekokujo, but i did make 9 new yumi bows. here's a couple of them:

newyumi1.jpg

newyumi2.jpg

the second one looks like the current "war yumi", but it's actually a new model and texture, it just happens to have the same style and similar proportions to the old one. here's a closeup:

newyumi3.jpg

edit: thank you for LPing, surrealbeliefs. i appreciate all youtube and streaming LPers -- you are all enjoyable to watch and you've convince a hell of a lot more people to play than all hundreds of posts i've made in this thread

phlpp said:
@Dharcness -- how many of your party was there? It should be proportional so if you brought in 20 and there were 400, you would only get a tiny share

this weekend i didn't work much on gekokujo, but i did make 9 new yumi bows. here's a couple of them:

newyumi1.jpg

newyumi2.jpg

the second one looks like the current "war yumi", but it's actually a new model and texture, it just happens to have the same style and similar proportions to the old one. here's a closeup:

newyumi3.jpg

edit: thank you for LPing, surrealbeliefs. i appreciate all youtube and streaming LPers -- you are all enjoyable to watch and you've convince a hell of a lot more people to play than all hundreds of posts i've made in this thread

Sir, what is you're next mod? If there are any. By the way, Fantastic Mod and Keep up the excellent work.

How come when arrows hit me they don't stick out from the body part... Is this a warband issue?

Is joining lord as ji-samurai vs ashigaru based on renown?

Jozen said:
How come when arrows hit me they don't stick out from the body part... Is this a warband issue?

Is joining lord as ji-samurai vs ashigaru based on renown?
sometimes arrows stick out, sometimes they don't. i have no idea when it will or will not trigger. but yeah, joining as a ji-samurai is based on renown -- 75 i think

thx for the awesome updates :smile: I again love playing it *_*
one short question:
Is there a unit tree and/or as list about what clan specializes in what kind of unit (Chosokabe - Archers, Shimazu - Katana Samurai)?

Oh, damn, yes! I like all the sword action going in this mod and it made me to finally stop pussying out and turn off auto-block, but archery is the part I love about Gekokujo the most. All those huge-ass arrows, bows and armies decimating each other on distance before massive slaughter...

About specialties of armies, there is a table in the mod folder where you can check them out.

Getting a script error every time a new day comes around.

It's
"SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 520: Invalid Troop ID: -1; LINE NO: 3:
At script: lord_get_home_center.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 540: Invalid Troop ID: -1; LINE NO: 12:"

And repeats for a bit

On a side note, this has to be my personal favorite mod, very good work.

CriticalHit said:
Do not look here said:
About specialties of armies, there is a table in the mod folder where you can check them out.

Uuuuuh, Mod folder? >.< Sorry I guess one can say I am still new to this ._.

If you have warband on steam, should be something like this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\gekokujo

If not, find out where warband is installed to, then go to Modules\gekokujo and look at gekokujo-units.png

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
ApolloTheDragon said:
I have a 1TB SATA hard drive. but I'll looking one to go faster then this one can't remember the speed on it.
Normally SATA HD come in 7200rpm variant. While it might be good to buy one with a higher rpm, it's data transfer is usually bottlenecked by the transfer rate of the HDD, which is around 64mb/s read and ~20-30mb/s write in the best conditions when data is being accessed or written from an external source. This will translate to how no matter how much ram, processing power or graphical power you have, you always have load time or in some instances, lag.

And that is why I was thinking of getting a solid state drive for a while now, but am unwilling to part with the money just yet. A good rule of thumb when comparing HDD to SSD is that the HDD of that generation always have ten times the storage capacity of the SSD but the SSD of the same generation will have ten times the read/write rate of an HDD. If you have no storage issues with just 1TB of storage, I would recommend you spend a bit more money and get an SSD for you to store your perfomance intensive games and operation systems on. Only drawback is obviously how expensive SSD are and how little their capacity are.

The current pricing for SSD is about slightly more than $1/Gb, with the price dropping the lower the write rate is. But then again, if your only purpose for the SSD is running Windows and games, you have no need for a 500mb/s writing rate now do you? :lol:

yea but I Love have faster things on every thing I hate see a hit of lag

I absolutely love this mod.  I would love to have more historical or even semi historical Japanese music.  Some of the modern songs really take me out of the zone.  But still lovin ' it. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom