Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

Can you please add multiplayer to this mod :smile: that would be the so great !
The gameplay of a muliplayer version of this mod could be so cool. Fighting Samurai vs Samurai, and it all comes down to skill in melee becuase there a no shields!
Please consider it

wiener_snitzel said:
...and it all comes down to skill in melee becuase there a no shields!
Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but this mod has firearms and bows. So without shields you´ll likely go down with a severe case of lead poisoning or looking like a pin cushion.

Articulo34 said:
wiener_snitzel said:
Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but this mod has firearms and bows. So without shields you´ll likely go down with a severe case of lead poisoning or looking like a pin cushion.

yXjJqJ.gif

Edit:
I still think multiplayer with samurai theme would be one of the most cool mods for warband

wiener_snitzel said:
Raaaaaan~!!

If i recall correctly, the fake subs are from Angry Joe's review of Shogun2, yes? xD

Sky Warden said:
I'd pay money and/or drugs to play that.

There are playable SP custom battles planned, from what i recall from conversations back in the 0.3.1 Preview release. That's about it.

01Jan162016HumanHeads.jpg

SUGGESTION
, how about having random encounters with samurai generals or wanted thief's and once you defeat them you get their head in one of those cylinder boxes as an item that you can sell to warlords.

wiener_snitzel said:
Articulo34 said:
wiener_snitzel said:

yXjJqJ.gif

Edit:
I still think multiplayer with samurai theme would be one of the most cool mods for warband
Off Topic:
What movie is that?

MrSplashy said:
Off Topic:
What movie is that?

That's Ran, one of the best movies Kurosawa Akira ever made.

You can read what it's about in the spoiler below (short and to the point without spoiling much of the plot).
The movie starts with an old warlord called Ichimonji Hidetora who splits his domain and hands it over to his two eldest sons while exiling his youngest son for pointing out the foolishness of that.
Add a few other factions and a scheming snake of a woman, what could possibly go wrong?

Probably even more "off-topic," but some folks might be interested --

"Ran" was Kurosawa's adaptation of the story from Shakespeare's "King Lear," but set in feudal Japan instead of England.
Kurosawa was famous for re-interpreting Shakespeare stories in some of his movies ("Macbeth," "Hamlet," etc.).
Then, others (such as Sergio Leone) came along and re-re-interpreted Kurosawa's movies.
[Most of the Clint Eastwood "spaghetti westerns" from the 1960s are adaptations of Kurosawa's movies].
Watch "Seven Samurai" and "The Magnificent Seven" sometime, and you'll see what I mean.
And of course, the musical "West Side Story," in modern times, was a re-interpretation of the "Romeo and Juliet" story.
The list goes on.
We do enjoy a good story, even if set in a different culture or time period ...
And moviemakers, as well as modders, stand on the shoulders of giants.

DARoot

Last time I looked at seven samurai on the wiki it said that it had so many story elements that were copied in other films to come.  I must say I haven't seen much in the way of cinemas before the 50's so its hard for me to tell.  But I could imagine the 50's being a time where they bothered with a script.  Love some of the 60's movies too. 

I think in the 90's they gave up on storylines, and in the 00's it was all special effects.

Anyone watched zatoichi?  Not sure how such a character would work.  Probably some yakuza guy pretending to be blind but with a bow skill of 500...  and the same for one handed weapons...

Wasn't Zatoichi also a TV series, as well as a bunch of movie "serials?"
Kids grew up watching and emulating him, the way Western kids grew up with "The Lone Ranger" and "Davy Crockett."

Heh! Heh!  A blind masseur master swordsman -- good luck putting THAT in the game!

I have to chuckle every time I see that scene in "Star Wars," where Luke is blindfolded, and trying to use his lightsaber, while Obi-Wan keeps saying, "Use the Force, Luke."

Well, the "Bear Force II" WIP mod includes Jedi, so perhaps someone can get some modding ideas from that.

DARoot

Shintaro Katsu... If you find his photo big enough for making a face texture, i'll do it. I spent a lot of time searching it but didn't succeed. You may send it in pm.

StodOne said:
Yeah he is the best samurai film maker but I call him Akira Kurosawa , it kind of sounds better xD

Many people call him that, sometimes I do too.
I do prefer the proper Japanese name order though, so Kurosawa Akira it is then.

What I really like about his movies is the way they are filmed, like when multiple actors are having a conversation with each other the camera will film all of them at the same time, so it's like we are looking at a stage performance.
When compared to movies made by other people, you will see the camera making close-up shots of the actors and constantly switch between them as the are having a conversation, it looks frantic to me, and it can be quite annoying.

And don't get me started on the horrible shot/reverse-shot trend where the recipient's blurred face is right up against the camera making the audience feel like perverted voyeurs looking through a glory hole.

Batman_TDK.jpg

Wide shots, I'm begging you hollywood. I don't want to watch my films in 10 FOV.

Back
Top Bottom