Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

StrikerLance

Recruit
Great mod! I didn't start playing Warband until I saw this mod online :grin: Just wanted to thank you for making this mod, as I have recently started learning more about Japanese history to get more immersed in the setting  :lol:

 

Jackal2233

Recruit
Great mod! Just two things really:

Feels like Yari/Naginata troops a bit overpowered due to their reach compared to katanas
Musashi should be much stronger too, his stats are quite weak considering he was historically invincible.

Pretty cool to have a sakabato in the game, now can roleplay as a Battosai haha
 

Nipponsei

Recruit
If you have problems manually installing Gekokujo try using the Steam Workshop version. Just subscribe and it auto installs.
 

Aradhrin

Recruit
All the females have face full of white spots, can someone help me? I tried to download new face textures but it didnt help.
 

PPQ_Purple

Knight
Jackal2233 said:
Feels like Yari/Naginata troops a bit overpowered due to their reach compared to katanas
If you let them get close you are doing something wrong...

Musashi should be much stronger too, his stats are quite weak considering he was historically invincible.
I always figured that you pick him up before he became invincible and he like becomes invincible following you around killing all those hundreds of bandits you run into. :grin:

Aradhrin said:
All the females have face full of white spots, can someone help me? I tried to download new face textures but it didnt help.
Try using the face textures from the 3.1 beta download.
 

Aradhrin

Recruit
PPQ_Purple said:
Jackal2233 said:
Feels like Yari/Naginata troops a bit overpowered due to their reach compared to katanas
If you let them get close you are doing something wrong...

Musashi should be much stronger too, his stats are quite weak considering he was historically invincible.
I always figured that you pick him up before he became invincible and he like becomes invincible following you around killing all those hundreds of bandits you run into. :grin:

Aradhrin said:
All the females have face full of white spots, can someone help me? I tried to download new face textures but it didnt help.
Try using the face textures from the 3.1 beta download.

Yeah, that worked thanks
 

haitch40

Knight
WB
ThegnAnsgar said:
Jackal2233 said:
Musashi should be much stronger too, his stats are quite weak considering he was historically invincible.

Hah, no. Historically he's more like an overrated blowhard.
Out of interest who do you rate as the greatest swordsman in Japanese history?
 

Tuidjy

Knight
M&B
Great swordsmen are just like all those 'undefeated' martial artists.  If you are undefeated, ever, it means that you are not fighting enough people.  In order to really improve, you need to challenge yourself.

And as someone who used to kick-boxing semi-professionally, I can tell you one thing: there are people who are really, really good, but they are not super-humanly good.  I've never been anything but OK.  I made it to the hand-to-hand finals of the Bulgarian Army in the 80s, I have sparred with the (then) kick-boxing champion of Europe, and with two of the US Taekwondo team in Seoul (years later).  I could hit them, I knocked one the latter down once, and on a bad day of theirs, I might have been able to win a match.  Once again, I was never anything special - I had a 11-1-3 record when I stopped, but I was semi-pro, and was very careful to pick my fights so as not to endanger my health too much.  I once won a match against someone who was damn better than me, and who had me scared in the ring because I miscalculated, and got myself really disoriented - I spun around while desperately keeping my elbow up... he stepped into it, and got up at the count of twelve, i.e. too late.  And in fencing, it is even easier to lose a point than it is to get knocked down or out in martial arts, because of a stupid mistake.

No one is as good as the legends make them sound.  There are people who have made real advances in fighting techniques, and there are people who have organized what was intuitively practiced into very good 'systems'.  But if they were undefeated, it means that they did not fight all that much, not against everyone who showed up, and that they did not allow people to observe them, let alone teach people.  In the 80s, in the ЦСКА (Central Sport Club of the Army) kick-boxing gym in Bulgaria, we were visited by one of the first students of the founder of Jiujitsu.  He was amazing - he handled most of us trivially.  One of us, not I, and not the best of us, knocked him down in his match, though.  I wish I could remember the name.

It is very, very easy to close the distance to whoever is training you if you are healthy and dedicated.  You may never reach him, but that would be because he is not standing in place, either.  Musashi might have been a genius swordsman, I can believe that.  He might have been able to defeat anyone unfamiliar with his skills the first time.  But he would not have been invincible, and there is no way he was accepting all challengers if he never lost a fight.  I've read his books in different translations, and he sounds very human - sometimes he is insightful, sometimes he is wrong, and often he has the brains to realize it, and the guts to admit it later.

But if I had to bet on a fight between him, with his weapon of choice, against an Olympic level fencer with a rapier, my money goes to the guy with the rapier.
 

haitch40

Knight
WB
Hasegawa_Taizou said:
i cant understand who are you talking about!
that... eh.. forgot. ... Yagyuu?
Munenori or Munetoshi?

Munenori (as Munetoshi was too old but he developed the style) impressed Tokugawa so much that they became the primary sword instructors for the shogunate and the family were later granted land and the head became a minor daimyo. Or so the story goes.
 

Hasegawa_Taizou

Knight at Arms
i know that surname from gintama (so as my own nickname) and read somewhere they were cool in fencing. i just didn't understand what was the answer - who is cosidered to be best swordsman in japanese history. Jacob said what he said and then i thought he meant somebody close to shogun, from his court. And i know nobody else who could it be. That is it)
 

Scuba Steve

Master Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
haitch40 said:
Out of interest who do you rate as the greatest swordsman in Japanese history?

In terms of the greatest who is actually known? Tsukahara Bokuden. And he'd probably be the greatest overall. But I'm sure there was some unknown guy who didn't have influential friends who might have been better.
 

Kharille

Knight at Arms
I don't like the way Musashi disturbed the opponent to get the advantage.  Reminds me of that one time I went down with 7 days food poisoning.  First day back at work my boss wants to arm wrestle me.  I'm embarrassed to say it took me 10 seconds to pull down the 280lbs lard ass.

Great timing.  Not exactly a victory to get them at their worse.  And nothing to boast about if you shoot them from behind.

Not that I would hold back from that if the guy deserved it.


Really bothers me that child soldiers are killing fully trained and equipped marines who lower their guard.

Oh and that duel where Musashi came late and used the setting sun to his advantage...  a bit dirty...  In a way I can admire a dirty, unwashed thug who cheats I suppose... 
 

Scuba Steve

Master Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Kharille said:
I don't like the way Musashi disturbed the opponent to get the advantage.  Reminds me of that one time I went down with 7 days food poisoning.  First day back at work my boss wants to arm wrestle me.  I'm embarrassed to say it took me 10 seconds to pull down the 280lbs lard ass.

Great timing.  Not exactly a victory to get them at their worse.  And nothing to boast about if you shoot them from behind.

Not that I would hold back from that if the guy deserved it.


Really bothers me that child soldiers are killing fully trained and equipped marines who lower their guard.

Oh and that duel where Musashi came late and used the setting sun to his advantage...  a bit dirty...  In a way I can admire a dirty, unwashed thug who cheats I suppose...

A dirty unwashed thug who cheats, who got knocked off his horse by a peasant throwing a rock at him and he failed to contribute to the only battle where there is any corroborating evidence that he took part in it.
 

IM EGG

Regular
WBNWVC
ThegnAnsgar said:
Jackal2233 said:
Musashi should be much stronger too, his stats are quite weak considering he was historically invincible.

Hah, no. Historically he's more like an overrated blowhard.

Speaking of Musashi when I enlisted in a lords party, he disappeared. I'm not serving anymore. I can't find him anywhere?
 
Top Bottom