Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

Kharille said:
Are there pistols?  Maybe a pistol where you can reload on horseback, and much reduced damage.  Might come in handy at the last minute...
No as pistols were a new thing and not really widely used. You may have seen 1 or 2 if you were super rich and European but other than that no.

Carbines though for horseback use yes.

Otori Ganju said:
I feel like the matchlocks should be buffed for the player in any way, maybe via a skill. Bows are so much more powerful in any scenario.

I think it's a matter of preference; I much prefer matchlocks for the flatter trajectory. Much easier to hit a distant target than a bow, and much easier to snipe enemies in towers or behind windows during a siege. A headshot drops any enemy short of a Hatamoto.

Kobazco said:
Alright, I found me self a glitch in the latest 3.0 version. So I'm a samurai in some lords army, and I took some time off. While taking this time off, I got a message saying : With your commander's defeat, you have been released from service. Now this repeats forever, even after resting my game. It just keeps on goign and now i got no message log, as it goes away after repeated messages...

Got the same glitch as you :sad: now I can't see what's happening during a battle!  :evil:

Stravix said:
Kobazco said:
Alright, I found me self a glitch in the latest 3.0 version. So I'm a samurai in some lords army, and I took some time off. While taking this time off, I got a message saying : With your commander's defeat, you have been released from service. Now this repeats forever, even after resting my game. It just keeps on goign and now i got no message log, as it goes away after repeated messages...

Got the same glitch as you :sad: now I can't see what's happening during a battle!  :evil:
Ugh, I traced where it was coming from, so it should be fixed for the next version. My bad too -- it was only a single line that was missing

Hi everyone, i just wanted to proclaim my complete fascination with this masterfully crafted mod that i spent quite a few hours of my life. I would just like to ask a question since a search on the forums and google didn't help me. Is there a submod or a way to change the names of npcs like lords to more "historical" ones? I completely understand the creator's choice in the matter and i wouldn't impose my preference on him (even if i had the means) so just a quick tip on how to work on this myself (being a scrub) would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Kelinos said:
Hi everyone, i just wanted to proclaim my complete fascination with this masterfully crafted mod that i spent quite a few hours of my life. I would just like to ask a question since a search on the forums and google didn't help me. Is there a submod or a way to change the names of npcs like lords to more "historical" ones? I completely understand the creator's choice in the matter and i wouldn't impose my preference on him (even if i had the means) so just a quick tip on how to work on this myself (being a scrub) would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
If you know how to use Morgh’s Mount & Blade WB/WFAS Editor you can open the mod up (either the compiled text files or the source will do) and manually edit the names of the NPC. It's as easy as one-two. The only real problem will be finding the correct names for all the people which will be a chore.

Thank you so much! I was thinking of using a mix of wikipedia and pop culture (koei games and such), mostly cause it makes the game all the more epic and easy to invest emotionally. I'm gonna get to work right away!  :smile:

Kelinos said:
Thank you so much! I was thinking of using a mix of wikipedia and pop culture (koei games and such), mostly cause it makes the game all the more epic and easy to invest emotionally. I'm gonna get to work right away!  :smile:
Make sure to release it as a submod than. Doubly so if you are going to do it from the uncompiled files.  :mrgreen:

I thought about it. Should i upload the module_system 1.158 folder (since that is the one that seems to be modified) or i should upload something more? P.S. I really appreciate the guidance  :smile:

Kelinos said:
I thought about it. Should i upload the module_system 1.158 folder (since that is the one that seems to be modified) or i should upload something more? P.S. I really appreciate the guidance  :smile:
Just the files you changed. I think it only be one text file at the end of it. Depending on what you chose to alter it should be either module_troops.py (python) or troops.txt(text).

Kelinos said:
I was thinking of using a mix of wikipedia and pop culture (koei games and such), mostly cause it makes the game all the more epic and easy to invest emotionally. I'm gonna get to work right away!  :smile:

Getting the historical names of the daimyo is very difficult considering the fact that they had a lot of names and they changed names frequently.
It would be easier to just go with the most known names for them, so the pop culture Koei game names would probably be the best thing to aim for instead of historical accuracy.

I do wish you the best of luck with this.

OK got this, I'll probably upload this today/tomorrow depending on where you're from. I'm mostly using a blend of wiki, koei games and history forums. So far so good :smile:

Hi!, i'm new on warband gekokujo, first, it's a very great mod but i have a problem, all items in marketplace and villages are dissapear, i dont know how, just one day's game dissapear, only appear one kind of sandals and one kind of women clothes.
Sorry for my english, i dont know this languaje so well.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom