SP - General Commands: to Attack Certain Enemy Troop Feature

Users who are viewing this thread

The enemy ai lords are capable of commanding their units to attack certains troops. For the best example, the cavalry unit can effectively attack archers and wipe them up pretty easly. But we have to constantly move our units so they don't attack infantry. And cavs are won't attack effectively when we just position them on the archers with f1 f1 comman.

So this bothers me the most when I had a fight with kuzaits :/ . My cavs literally can't do any damage to enemy horse archers. Only tactic I can do is position my cavs close to horse archers then command them to attack. But several sec later most of my cavs just rides towards to infantry. Because of this, it's so damn hard to play against kuzaits.

İt would be beautiful if there is a command that charge our troops to certain enemy troop. I beg you devs implement this.

There is the issue of troops not fighting when they are on the move under command other than "Charge". If they would fight during movement, maybe the situation be better.
Anyway, the idea is good, but can make battles too much of a Cav -> Attack troop -> Archers, and then Everyone -> Charge.

There is the issue of troops not fighting when they are on the move under command other than "Charge". If they would fight during movement, maybe the situation be better.
Anyway, the idea is good, but can make battles too much of a Cav -> Attack troop -> Archers, and then Everyone -> Charge.
Exactly it would be way better if they attack while locating them. But I think that's not easy feature to accomplish. My point is, the lord ai can do it. Why won't we ?

I'm currently playing with Khuzait s and in most battles I have to kill archers myself. They are mostly behind infantry and none kill them.

Even when I give command to sergeants they don't focus them.

I'm currently playing with Khuzait s and in most battles I have to kill archers myself. They are mostly behind infantry and none kill them.

Even when I give command to sergeants they don't focus them.
When I play khuz I usually take all shock cav with "Follow me" command, then I make horse archers charge to distract the enemy. When they are attracting arrows and infrantry, I am going around towards the archers. When we hit them I free cav with "Charge" command. At this point, this is usually bloodbath for the enemy, as infrantry unsupported by archers fails miserably to HA, while archers can't deal with cav on themselves. Full retreat in max 3 minutes.

I was going to suggest something along these lines. I get frustrated when I form up infantry, tell them to advance (hoping they'll continuously advance on the enemy infantry), and just watch them double back behind the archers chasing horse archers because their formation is closest. Enemy infantry now close on the archers or turn on the cavalry, while the infantry line chases 3 horse archers...

It would just add one more key to press with each movement command. So "1 ->F1 -> F4 -> F1" would be 'infantry advance on enemy infantry'. I know they don't want it getting too complicated, especially for consoles, but it would add a whole new layer to battles and make them less frustrating.

This has been discussed in a number of other threads for quite a while.

It's my only real gripe with the game. As a general, I want to be able to tell my cavalry to go attack those archers or those infantry. It's an essential ability for any general to be able to tell their subordinates who and what to attack. Particularly for units that need a bit of a run up... like lancers.

Though the 2 actions to 1 button idea is intriguing and would be very versatile I'm not sure the devs are willing to completely rewrite the command structure. Some of the above suggestions are just about adding a subset to the movement commands for better control, which would be a lot less for the programmer + UI dev to deal with while giving a notable bump to player troop control.

I played one of the GoT mods for Warband and it had formations plus the ability to command troops to attack a specific formation just by telling them to move to that enemy group. I imagine that's entirely possible for Bannerlord as well.

Yeah, my fear is that they are going to keep it overly simple so its an easy port to consoles, and we will have to rely on mods to get a command structure that works as expected (ie. doesn't require babysitting the formations).

Adding the movement command subset wouldn't just be a Quality of Life improvement, but would also improve Gameplay for the player.

They should just incorporate RTS camera into the game and maybe Epic Battle AI. As far as console ports, just make a version for the console that doesn't constrain the PC version instead of dumbing the game down so it works better on consoles.

They should just incorporate RTS camera into the game and maybe Epic Battle AI. As far as console ports, just make a version for the console that doesn't constrain the PC version instead of dumbing the game down so it works better on consoles.

They've already stated that this would take the game away from their vision. They don't want it to be a Total War style RTS. They want it to be a first person thrill ride.

So it's better to separate your desires for RTS cameras from unit targeting abilities. Unit targeting ability is more important for gameplay mechanics within the framework of the developer's desires for the game.

Cavalry would be decent if they didn't behave like a herd of cats, hence the request to give them (and any other formation) a formation to target. Right now when we push them to charge it looks like this:
cat-scares-a-group-of-cats.gif

Back
Top Bottom