Commands Overview

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello fellow Bannerlordians.

The commanding system can be very overwelming, especially if you're new and not used to it. I decided to make a little list, to provide an overview, so you don't have to test them all while trying to win a game. Feel free to correct me or suggest something.

Beginners guide

In closed beta, numbers 1 to 7 and 0 will select all your troops (in singleplayer each number will select one type of troop). When you have pressed one
of these numbers, a window opens with 5 different "topics", which you can select by pressing F1 - F5 (first press). Then each one will open a list of different commands, regarding the chosen topic, which you can choose by pressing F1 - F9 (coloured in the list). A moovable flag will appear, which marks the spot, where your troops will execute the given orders. Press left mouse button on the place where you want your troops to do that. If you hold the left mouse button, you can drag the flag further away, which leads to your troops scattering further appart, or you can drag it closer, which makes your troops come closer together. Many commands (like "follow me" for example) don't make use of the marker, so only give attention to it, when you assign your troops to certain places. The commands "fire" and "horses" get executet by only pressing F4 and F5 once. If you press them again, the effect will be the opposit (stop fire and mount horses).

The List

F1 = to position your troops go to the marked spot and stay there
F2 = follow me your troops follow you
F3 = charge your troops charge the closest enemy (not necessarily the spot you point on)
F4 = advance your troops go to the enemy while staying in formation "at all costs"
F5 = fallback your troops retreat slowly, facing the enemy
F6 = stop your Troops stop immediately, right where they are
F7 = retreat your troops turn around and run away as fast as possible
F8 = return your troops will go to the spot you mark (with left mouse click). The marker will stay active until pressing esc.

F1 = face direction your troops face in the direction you set the marker on
F2 = face enemy your troops face in the closest enemies direction
F3 = return your troops will go to the spot you mark (with left mouse click). The marker will stay active until pressing esc

F1 = line your troops form horizontal rows
F2 = shield wall your troops form close horizontal rows, holding their shields (if they have shields) infront of them
F3 = loose your troops form loose, spacious rows
F4 = circle your troops form a circle, facing outwards (best combined with shield wall)
F5 = square your troops form a square
F6 = skein your troops form two rows in arrow shape (useful to split enemy rows)
F7 = column your troops form vertical rows
F8 = scatter your troops moove in zigzag lines (good if you rush enemy archers)
F9 = return your troops will go to the spot you mark (with left mouse click). The marker will stay active until pressing esc.

fire at will/ stop fire (will end archers shieldwall if shields are equipped)

dismount/ mount horses

EDIT: This List is currently just concerning the multiplayer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Guide.
But there is something that I don't understand since the Beta, what use has "Advance"? They move to the enemy and attack, isn't that the same what "Charge" doing?

Thanks for the Guide.
But there is something that I don't understand since the Beta, what use has "Advance"? They move to the enemy and attack, isn't that the same what "Charge" doing?

Eyy someone read it, you're welcome :grin:

To be honest I just can't seem to find the difference, I will ask in the forum and update the list if someone can tell what the difference is.

Either I just don't understand what you mean or I missed an important feature in over 200 hours of Banenrlord multiplayer. You got a video or something about that?
I dont know whats hard to understand, you select the unit, Click and drag to change how many soldiers are in each row

Thanks for the Guide.

I found it out and updated the list. When you order your troops to charge, they will run to the enemy and everyone tries to land a hit. When you order them to advance, they will stay in formation at all costs. They wont even help the soldiers next to them, if that would mean to break formation.

Back
Top Bottom