B Info Other Command line Args, skipping launch menu and configuration storage location

Users who are viewing this thread

Swyter

Grandmaster Knight
Hello folks, Ive some questions to be answered  :idea::

1 :arrow:  Has "Mount&Blade.exe" command line Args?  :grin:

2  :arrow:  If not... Can I run my mod directly without show the launch screen?  :mrgreen:
(I know about an utility of Thorgrim, MBDev? that can do it HOW thats is made?)

3  :arrow:  Where M&B saves the config. ?  I know about the registry keys ( :wink: It must be in the root directory of MB but in not readable text, It is'nt)

Thanks in advance!
  :eek:

This is a little surrealist, but I'm going to reply myself (this it's from 5 of June, 2009).
Surely this might be useful for future modders. Having the same questions I had in my beginning.

Nobody wanted to reply me. Sorry for my English dexterity in the old times.  :wink:

Question #1. No. TaleWorlds didn't added any such kind of switch to automatically avoid the starting launcher menus.
Some games add specific mod command line arguments (Such as the Battle for Middle Earth).

But due the licensing method of the game based on starting pop-up boxes this wasn't implemented.

Question #2. Yes. The trick it's to call the Windows Native keyboard API with a simple Virtual Key Enter callback. So if you do it just after the game start the possible menus are closed (this trick doesn't override the trial, only skips all the nag windows). You can make a batch with a little help of the nircmd's built-in keypressing feature. Or simply an AutoHotkey, Autoit,... script.

Question #3. The modern Mount&Blade versions saves the configuration into a binary (dat) file located into
Code:
%Appdata%\Mount&Blade (Savegames)
Code:
%Username%\My Documents\Mount&Blade Warband (Savegames)
it's the location for the expansion. In this case on a simply INI file with value statements named "
Code:
rgl_config.txt
"

Data as battle size and graphic configuration it's saved in the binary file. Other such the active module, game version, licensing information and main path are saved into registry values under
Code:
HKCU\Software\MountAndBladeKeys
, and
Code:
MountAndBladeWarbandKeys

For example the game path it's saved under the default value for the key and the famous selected module as REG_SZ as
Code:
last_module
and
Code:
last_module_warband
, respectively.

Hope that helps someone.

Edited: Thanks to [Vincenzo] and [cmpxchg8b] for correcting me in some of the Warband latest changes. I'm slightly outdated.

Vincenzo said:
Actually the last played module is also stored in registry for the steam version and works perfectly. (Tested with Warband)

Great. Thanks Vincenzo. Good to know.  :wink:
In the vanilla game doesn't worked due the Steam's (encrypted) internal registry hive.

Swyter said:
Question #3. The modern Mount&Blade versions saves the configuration into a binary (dat) file located into
Code:
Code:
it's the location for the expansion.

Data as battle size and graphic configuration it's saved in the binary file. Other such the active module, game version, licensing information and main path are saved into registry values under
Code:
HKLM\Software\Mount_and_blade_keys
, and
Code:
mount_and_blade_warband_keys
Isn't the configuration saved in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\rgl_config.txt? Doesn't look like a binary file to me.

cmpxchg8b said:
Swyter said:
Code:
Code:
it's the location for the expansion.

Code:
HKLM\Software\Mount_and_blade_keys
, and
Code:
mount_and_blade_warband_keys
Isn't the configuration saved in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\rgl_config.txt? Doesn't look like a binary file to me.

Oh crap, I'm completely outdated about all the Warband stuff, in the first versions they used a dat file, seems that changed.
Yeah you're right. Sometimes I'm too much centered in the Vanilla game...  :wink:

Lumos said:
I don't have any of the "mount_and_blade(_warband)_keys"... are you sure they exist?

Completely.
Follow the Steps said:
Windows + R -> Type
Code:
regedit
-> Press Enter Key -> In the Registry Editor's Tree -> HKey Current User -> Software -> MountAndBladeKeys -> You should be seeing the values right now.

FYI I have also updated the Second post with the corrected replies from our expert Warband friends.

Back
Top Bottom