Native OSP 3D Art Combination Helmets OSP, for Warband!

Users who are viewing this thread

FrisianDude

Archduke
Hey all, I've been making some 'new' helmets using parts from Native Warband helmets and sticking them together.

Here they are. The .zip contains a .brf containing the parts for about 15 helmets, only meshes as it uses native textures and materials. Some of these helmets are divided in the .brf, but in-game they will be one whole, if you simply add them correctly. If you add for example helmthing1 to your mod, then you do not need to add helmthing1.1 because it should merge on it's own. I am not entirely sure if that works for non-Warband M&B in the same way. Anyway, it is completely free to use, but if you do use it, I'd like to get some credit. :smile:

From left to right, Sarranid Veiled Helmet (the cap part) + Mail Coif, the Top of the Faceplate Great Helmet + Arming Cap and two Vaegir Helmets merged.
I hope you like them, and have fun. :smile:

Most (if not all) of them will be in my own mod The Sultan's Successors as well.

Maybe I'm missing something...Polies are made up of three vertexes each. If you lower the vertex count, you are lowering the poly count by definition.

If you are referring to the fact that when using smooth edges you can eliminate a bunch of extra polies used to make something smooth, then absolutely. But using hard/soft edges changes nothing about the physical model; only the way edges and corners are rendered.

If you lower the vertex count, you are lowering the poly count by definition.
There are additional vertexes at uv borders and along smoothing groups.  Depending on the export application, there may be quite a few that you can shave off, thus saving a bit of performance.  IIRC, Polycount had an article about that awhile ago.

xenoargh said:
There are additional vertexes at uv borders and along smoothing groups.  Depending on the export application, there may be quite a few that you can shave off, thus saving a bit of performance.
True. It partly depends on the UV technique used though; I generally never need to add extra edges for uv borders. 

I particularly like the first one! I'm going to try to add that in to the module I'm playing with right now :smile:

Nice stuff mate! Do you think you could 'chop' the sarranid turban in half (horizontally) so we could have some 'civilian' rather than bedouin turbans? Loving the Sarranid style stuff, it'll be great to have in Litus.

Yeah, now that I think about it I think it was customary for the Muslims to shave their heads (except for the beard) anyway. Or that long hair was the mark of a professional or tribal warrior.

If you need any more ideas for some helmet combinations:
Nordic Helmet C vs2 (or the old fashioned "chieftain" helmet with the eye guards) combined with the full face veil of the Vaegir Veiled Helmet (vaegir_helmet6) or sarranid veiled helmet (sar_helmet4)

It might be challenging, but if you think it's possible to somehow situate the mail coif inside of your turbanhelm1 or the original tuareg turban, that could look neat.

A coif replacing the aventail of mail for the sar_helmet2

Coif or aventail replacing the padded coif on the padded coif helmet

Same situation with the segmented helmet

If you can remove the cheek and back solid metal pieces, the same for neckguard_helm

Kettle hat without coif

Either way, looking forward to what you do from here!

Hey FrisianDude, awesome mod :grin:. Definitely going into Warband Improved when it's released. Just wanted to chime in about a bug I found. Not sure if it's just my end or not, but the top helm with the coif and eyeguard shows up with a solid black featureless pot when in the inventory screen. The coif and eyeguard look normal and it looks fine when you wear it. Just a cosmetic bug, but I was wondering if there was a fix.

Back
Top Bottom