Combat Worries (+ blocking idea)

Users who are viewing this thread

FBohler said:
I really don't get why people want BL to have this feintspam fest that Warband had. It's downright bad.

Ideally the game looks good, feels good, and is still competitive and skillful.

Rainbow Dash said:
The last thing Bannerlord needs is lock on aiming and combo attacks

Absolutely no to lock on.

Game already has combos tho, there's a dev blog that shows them off. "chained attacks"

Huggles said:
Rainbow Dash said:

Game already has combos tho, there's a dev blog that shows them off. "chained attacks"

Those combos are purely cosmetic and affect animations.

I am talking about combos where you must remember button equaions to do finisher moves that can do extra damage, ignore blocks and zip people across the map with a stab. It ruins the game, especially if you have to consider the fact that the AI can use these moves too. If the AI can do it, it will be one giant mess of unreadable moves. everywhere.

Rainbow Dash said:
Huggles said:
Rainbow Dash said:

Those combos are purely cosmetic and affect animations.

I am talking about combos where you must remember button equaions to do finisher moves that can do extra damage, ignore blocks and zip people across the map with a stab. It ruins the game, especially if you have to consider the fact that the AI can use these moves too. If the AI can do it, it will be one giant mess of unreadable moves. everywhere.

A combo is just a string of attacks, nothing more. Those are fighting game mechanics you're talking about, hardly a concern in a melee game. Frankly tho, I think the much bigger concern atm is bannerlord being too readable, not being unreadable. And quite frankly, I think a good amount of any decent melee game should be on positioning, angling, and aiming properly so as to not put yourself into vulnerable situations in the first place.

If no matter what situation you are in there is a way out, the game becomes much more about waiting for someone to make a mistake than being able to outplay people and force **** ups.

Chambers are too easy to perform to make them unblockable. Fiddling with timing on animations & recovery periods could make them more difficult to block, but they would also have to become more difficult to perform or they would be dominant.

Back
Top Bottom