Combat to Death

Users who are viewing this thread

the clocks are not really that funny, however, just some water clocks hanging around everywhere and showing the corrent time.
I guess I'll make one very detailed town, including several scenes, which is your start town, while the other towns (once you are in the free mode) are not that detailed.

I might open a thread with the information on the next version soon.

great, I could use some germanic/dacian towns with siege rams near the gate and letters placed on the walls and of course roman cities. However, I will tell you when I finished all scene prop models.

Yeah, if you're planning to take away the player's control of every aspect of the game other than fighting, you'd need a lot of other features that the player would be able to do to keep him entertained. Because just fighting in the same battles in the same arenas gets boring, fast.

It would be interesting to actually play as master and slave. As a master, you play like normal M&B, but instead of selling slaves to Ramun, you throw them into Gladiator battles. Whenever that happens, you would basically take over as that character (all your stats would be changed to those of the slave. Face wouldn't matter since it's covered by a helmet anyway). And when the fight ends, you resume your role as master. Then you could raise a whole team of Gladiators.

I'm not sure if that's plausible though.

Dwinny said:
Yeah, if you're planning to take away the player's control of every aspect of the game other than fighting, you'd need a lot of other features that the player would be able to do to keep him entertained. Because just fighting in the same battles in the same arenas gets boring, fast.

Ahem. Please read the very first post of this topic, written by me! xD

Anyway...

T.T So long since there has been made a post in this thing.

Hmmm....

Slave: Victory, or Death

1) You begin as a little slave with no more then a mere wooden stick (Originally they began with nothing and got attacked by a lion, but do not make it to hard)
2) First fight in the Arena is against someone with a sharp Iron sword. You lose, you are dead. You win, you get the weapon of the enemy or something, I do not think that many people would like to see there character die. So character death should not continue after this.
3) You try to fight your way to freedom. Battles against other gladiators for sport for the watchers. You cannot go to the world map. You fight. You 'Sleep 2 days' you fight. ETC.
4) In the end you do battles of 1 vs 2 (You're the 1)
5) When you defeat the very last one, you win the game mode.
6) Then, go play as you do normally in the game.
If its possible, When getting damage, from 20 - 40 damage in 1 hit, you receive a wound.
7) Please note that in this mode, you are locked up when you are not fighting. Usually in the Arena itself.

Gladiator School

1) Again, You cannot go to the world map. You just live in the school, and follow the life as Spartacus did in his gladiator time.
2) You can of course, try to escape, but its clever to persuade other slaves to join you in your outbreak, because you won't make it otherwise.
3) Escaping scene, Get your fantasy at max, or just use the movie 'Spartacus' as info source!  :wink: Then go play as you play a Spartacus normally in the game.
4) You can just stay at the school, very brave. Training everyday. Sleeping, Rousing, training and so getting exp. (Knock other Gladiators around etc)
5) From time to time you will to battles, sport battles for the most part, but Sometimes to death as well.
6) Slaves/Gladiators that tried running away, where thrown for the lions. Unless their masters spoke for them, which is extremely rare. (It doesn't give a good reputation to your other nobles, and those that had a high title so, being able to afford a little worsen reputation, usually had enough gold to just buy a new slave)

Damn... I wanted to explain the 'sleeping in arena' a bit better, as some people do not understand it... Highlander one of them... but I am feeling to depressed...  :cry: :cry:

:cry:

Start game... blablabla.

You are trown for the... ehr... gladiator's... 1 to be precise..

you own his as*... and then you 'entry point' into one of those gladiator prisoners... with a bed and I know not what. Bed has entrypoint. \You walk to it. click F... sleep... 2 days (Like tavern) or make an chosie "bed says: How long yar wanna sleep?" 1 day 2 day 1 year....

then you fught...

BOORING!

:cry:

Unless there are other aspects of the game, such as making it feel like an RPG, and shying away from the combatant part. Make it like Oblivion, in the sence that it has fully interactive in-city quests, people, and many other small things to do.

What would be easier?

I don't think so, but Highlander has different ways of modding than I do, so it's hard to say.

True, That would complicate things.

Rathyr said:
Why not just a huge variety of gladiatorial combats in various settings?
Remove the just and its ok.

Why not make a huge variety of gladiatorial combats in various settings?

Like that!  :eek:

And Highlander, How is the Colosseum doing? Getting there? And I hope to see my 2 cents in the game as well!  :eek:

Edit:
Why am I so freaking cheerful up above... -.-

Voutare said:
Hræfn said:
I like the idea of it just being loads of arena battles. I was somewhat disappointed that the mod allowed you to roam, as i was always under the impression that the vast majority of gladiators were not free men.

Pretend that it's your master moving you around the world. Pretend you are playing two people, Master and Slave.
Why would Mr Master move Mr Slave around away from the hot spot of Rome and loot nobles and kill legionaires? Unless Mr Master is crazy xD

Back
Top Bottom