Combat to Death

Users who are viewing this thread

Servitor

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hello,

Would it be possible to implant these game modes:

Slave: Victory, or Death

1) You begin as a little slave with no more then a mere wooden stick (Originally they began with nothing and got attacked by a lion, but do not make it to hard)
2) First fight in the Arena is against someone with a sharp Iron sword. You lose, you are dead. You win, you get the weapon of the enemy or something, I do not think that many people would like to see there character die. So character death should not continue after this.
3) You try to fight your way to freedom. Battles against other gladiators for sport for the watchers. You cannot go to the world map. You fight. You 'Sleep 2 days' you fight. ETC.
4) In the end you do battles of 1 vs 2 (You're the 1)
5) When you defeat the very last one, you win the game mode.
6) Then, go play as you do normally in the game.
If its possible, When getting damage, from 20 - 40 damage in 1 hit, you receive a wound.
7) Please note that in this mode, you are locked up when you are not fighting. Usually in the Arena itself.

Gladiator School

1) Again, You cannot go to the world map. You just live in the school, and follow the life as Spartacus did in his gladiator time.
2) You can of course, try to escape, but its clever to persuade other slaves to join you in your outbreak, because you won't make it otherwise.
3) Escaping scene, Get your fantasy at max, or just use the movie 'Spartacus' as info source!  :wink: Then go play as you play a Spartacus normally in the game.
4) You can just stay at the school, very brave. Training everyday. Sleeping, Rousing, training and so getting exp. (Knock other Gladiators around etc)
5) From time to time you will to battles, sport battles for the most part, but Sometimes to death as well.
6) Slaves/Gladiators that tried running away, where thrown for the lions. Unless their masters spoke for them, which is extremely rare. (It doesn't give a good reputation to your other nobles, and those that had a high title so, being able to afford a little worsen reputation, usually had enough gold to just buy a new slave)

Extra: Some nice wounds when you get cut, but do not die. ^^

Just an idea of mine, for if you are done with your own work. Whenever that is! xD

Good Luck on the gladiator mod. I like what gather from it.
Servitor

Edit1: In Green Added suggestions and spelling fix xD
Edit2&3: In oh so nice red.  :eek:

I like the idea of it just being loads of arena battles. I was somewhat disappointed that the mod allowed you to roam, as i was always under the impression that the vast majority of gladiators were not free men.

They weren't. Some Romans became gladiators for the fame, but not many. We're talking about dozens, if even. With those few exceptions, gladiators were slaves.

Boosh said:
They weren't. Some Romans became gladiators for the fame, but not many. We're talking about dozens, if even. With those few exceptions, gladiators were slaves.

Well, most people were slaves really.  There was not much of a middle class and proletariat.

Hey,

Lol, I posted somethings extra that came up in my mind!  :razz:  And a spelling fix! xD Yay! Hey Highlander, its your turn to reply!  :wink:

Servitor

Hræfn said:
I like the idea of it just being loads of arena battles. I was somewhat disappointed that the mod allowed you to roam, as i was always under the impression that the vast majority of gladiators were not free men.

Pretend that it's your master moving you around the world. Pretend you are playing two people, Master and Slave.

sounds good, it would mean rewriting much scripts though. I suggest the corrent system being still there, when you "defeat the last one". Of course the system would need some changes.

Highlander said:
sounds good, it would mean rewriting much scripts though. I suggest the corrent system being still there, when you "defeat the last one". Of course the system would need some changes.

Yay, Many people liked the idea... Now I want to hear them all crying in pain when there veteran super gladiator gets killed. About wounding as I mentioned before, I belive the wounding system in TLD is pretty nice, But I have no idea if it will work for the character. xD AcientW*anker might have made  a NPC for every wound type. >.>

Roka said:
bugman said:
Slave revolts!

i believe these were extremely rare due to the fact that the slaves amsters provided them with food and with a place to sleep :wink:

True! True!  :eek: The one in spartacus was very chancy, for a whole gladiator school to get angry is pretty stupid. >.>

Servitor said:
Highlander said:

Yay, Many people liked the idea... Now I want to hear them all crying in pain when there veteran super gladiator gets killed. About wounding as I mentioned before, I belive the wounding system in TLD is pretty nice, But I have no idea if it will work for the character. xD AcientW*anker might have made  a NPC for every wound type. >.>

Roka said:
bugman said:
Slave revolts!

why be you shocked?  :grin:

i believe these were extremely rare due to the fact that the slaves amsters provided them with food and with a place to sleep :wink:

True! True!  :eek: The one in spartacus was very chancy, for a whole gladiator school to get angry is pretty stupid. >.>

all right, so how do you want to be able to join the fights?
The corrent scenario:
You are caged in a house with sleep room, training ground, etc. But the gladiator fights wouldn't be placed on that house, correct? So how do you imagine one should be able to get to fighting? This is not meant ironic, it just sounds odd to ask a guy in your house, "hey, I want to fight in the arena!", and you jump to a scene fighting against other gladiators.

How about you act like a master and a gladiator.

Use your imagination. You have one.

Highlander, next version, throw in a companion named "Master" and when you talk to him, he explains how people have no imagination.

How are you going to go about doing that? You are going to be the Master, and watch your gladiator fight? Or are you going to be in a single room asking your master to fight? Either way, it takes the immersiveness out of the mod.

Ok, have fun with that. When you finish it, send the link. I'll add it to the description and download thread, if you would like.

I actually like the idea and most of it has already been implement since I've resumed working on gm.

Rathyr said:
No no no.  :smile:

I'd have access to a large training complex, the barracks, and several parts of the city, including the forum and the thermae stuff like that. I wouldn't, however, be able to leave the city, and at certain times in the day (Each time I move from scene to scene a little time would pass, like in shattenlander) my master would send me to fight in the arena. Also, after fighting for a while (And winning) I might be sent off to other provinces and such to fight in other arenas, and stuff like that. Ideally, towns would be huge affairs, with big scenes in the excess, and with lots of stuff to do.

One more thing. There would be no shops, and all of my equipment would come from my master, who would outfit me as the different times of gladiators, which, in addition to making me better able to learn specific weapon styles while training, would also get rid of that annoying shield glitch.
The time is passing as you said (well it also passes when you just stay in one scene) and there are some funny clocks which show you the exact time of the day.
The master telling you to join a tournament at some random time however, would require some more things you can do in the time not fighting. I would not mind getting some more and detailed suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom