Combat speed?

Users who are viewing this thread

What does the in-game option battle speed do? (slowest - slow - normal - fast - fastest)

Never tried it since I have a thought that it just makes you run and attack incredible fast/slow.

I don't see an option for 'Battle Speed'. Do you mean 'Combat Speed'? If so, that's the frequency that the AI soldiers will react when fighting (ie, higher = more attacks/blocks).

Goffik said:
I don't see an option for 'Battle Speed'. Do you mean 'Combat Speed'? If so, that's the frequency that the AI soldiers will react when fighting (ie, higher = more attacks/blocks).

Yeah that, and I kinda already noticed by now, they block 90% of my attacks while on fastest.

It determines how long AI battles last on the world map, not battle map. Slow battles means you have more time to ride up and join the fight. Fast battles means they are over very fast.

allthesedamnnamesaretaken said:
It determines how long AI battles last on the world map, not battle map. Slow battles means you have more time to ride up and join the fight. Fast battles means they are over very fast.

Who am I to believe?

Are you sure?

That makes zero since being that this is a MP option, I'm fairly sure it slightly speeds up or slows down the entire pace of the game, or at the very least modifies the speed of attacking.

Knil said:

That makes zero since being that this is a MP option, I'm fairly sure it slightly speeds up or slows down the entire pace of the game, or at the very least modifies the speed of attacking.

That was what I thought at first, but I tried it and it doesn't seem to change the rate of attack.

Yeah, I'd love to know too. I tried moving the setting from slowest to fastest and back again, over the course of several battles, but didn't see any noticable difference in anything.
And while they're doing the explaining, what exactly does "instancing" do, anyway?

ehe ya its a confusing one huh ? I tested it quite a bit to, and def has nothing to do with the move/attack speed. I did start to assume it was basically how fast/how close the enemy spawns to you at the start of a combat map, but that could certainly be wrong to.

Yeah, regarding that, I noticed something really odd with that. Is it just me, or is the battlefield size determined by the number of combatants?

Combat AI alters how well the AI performs in battle, the speed however.. I don't know, but on vanilla I felt that it just increased the pace of the game. You know, made the movement in battle faster. And this too makes the game harder because the AI don't need time to "think", you do.

I mean.. Just try to play Red Alert on super high speed...

*COMBAT SPEED: How quickly the combat motions are carried out. Faster speed
will make the combat more difficult in general while slower will make it easier.

*=Quote from mount and blade warband manual

Ringwraith #5 said:
And while they're doing the explaining, what exactly does "instancing" do, anyway?

That option is down at the "effect" column, i believe it has to do with graphic effects, or the way the battleground is generated. anyone knows for sure?

Manual: USE INSTANCING: Enables a method for batch processing of similar objects in
the scene. This normally improves performance but may cause problems in some
cards. You may try it out and see how it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom