Combat - SP vs MP

Users who are viewing this thread

๖Kern

Grandmaster Knight
Hello... so, I am pretty sure a lot of you already noticed, but the SP combat is SO MUCH more responsive than MP combat, almost feels like an entirely different game. Sure, servers aren't exactly a local game, but is this actually caused by server network or are the combat variables in SP different to the ones in MP? There's difference between Warband SP and MP too, but it's nowhere near this big.

I can't say I've noticed a difference yet, but I'm not going to discount it as a possibility. I have noticed that my chain attacks are actually faster in singleplayer, where as in multiplayer I'm probably just quicker doing a normal attack followed by a normal attack.

Playing the beta offline already showed an improvement, so there definitely is a difference between online and offline that isn't related to parameters. That said, in SP many stats and skills are different, so you might feel that a lot of weapons are much faster.

I LOVE the sp combat in the game. MP was so sucksballz. Couldn't hit a damned thing with my arrows, throws, or spear, but now it's good again in SP.

There is clearly some work needed to tighten up the mp performance, the latency on a region matched server is alright but if your server caps out with players or you go outside of that region the latency issues become very apparent. Hit detection on both melee and range suffer from this at the moment.

I thought the same but playing a few more new games I've noticed it's not so different, particularly blocking feels a lot worse than when I first played, I wonder if they implemented the other blocking system in SP.

I thought the same but playing a few more new games I've noticed it's not so different, particularly blocking feels a lot worse than when I first played, I wonder if they implemented the other blocking system in SP.

As far as I'm aware it should've been implemented in SP as an "option", but seeing I cannot find it anywhere, perhaps they made that default.

I'm not noticing a particular difference. Only that the AI is easier to abuse with certain things, namely left swing counter-clockwise rotations with your sword going straight through the shield they're blocking with. The core problems with combat in multiplayer are still there in singleplayer, you can just get around them easier or they're less effectual.

Back
Top Bottom