Combat Parameters Between Multiplayer and SinglePlayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Crypex

Veteran
While comparing combat between multiplayer and single-player I noticed that the combat parameters are not the same. One of the main things that I noticed is how the stance system does not work the same way as a single player. In a single-player the stance system seems to not change if a player is feinting an attack while moving in an opposite footwork direction, it's only when the player strikes do the hand positioning change. In multiplayer however, if a player chooses to feint the stance system immediately changes the stance according to the player's footwork.
To replicate this see how stabs work with two-handers. In multiplayer if you feint a stab and you change stance the sword will go in the direction of your footwork so if you are pressing A the sword will be on your left if you pressing D it will go to the right. In a single-player, however, you can completely bypass the stance system unless you attack then the game will change your stance.

This raises the question of what the devs changed in the combat as the combat in single-player feels significantly smoother and makes me wonder if maybe there are other things that are hidden between the two versions of the game. I would appreciate if the developers help explain what is different.

Last edited:
The devs made the multiplayer combat parameters slower and more clunkier on purpose. You are correct, single player is different to multiplayer. Some mods change that but we can't have our own servers yet. Multiplayer combat is much slower, with no profficiencies like in SP. That's why you have some weapons (Like cavalry swords and axes) being extremely slow (takes like 1 second to release an attack). It was part of TW's balance plans that failed, resulting in the combat being very very clunky. Some changes have been made and now it's a bit faster, still bad though.

The devs made the multiplayer combat parameters slower and more clunkier on purpose. You are correct, single player is different to multiplayer. Some mods change that but we can't have our own servers yet. Multiplayer combat is much slower, with no profficiencies like in SP. That's why you have some weapons (Like cavalry swords and axes) being extremely slow (takes like 1 second to release an attack). It was part of TW's balance plans that failed, resulting in the combat being very very clunky. Some changes have been made and now it's a bit faster, still bad though.
There are multiplayer proficiencies, but the value of them are changed quite alot. Cavalry weapons being slower is most likely because their weapons need to be longer to reach the foot troops (and I'm pretty sure the animation release of cavalry are faster than infantry anyway)

Back
Top Bottom