Resolved Combat glitch where I am stuck blocking at all times (both singleplayer and multiplayer) and map glitch where zoom in and out of the map is very slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
I am experiencing two bugs that ruin the game. The main bug, which has affected both multiplayer and singleplayer (I am on 1.5.7), is making my character stay in the defense/block animation at all times. I am able to move, shield bash, and order troops. I can also switch weapons, but as soon as the weapon is equipped, my character goes back to blocking in whatever direction I looked in when I switched. I can't change the block direction or attack. I have switched my block keybind to see if the mouse of the issue, but it still blocks by itself (I am not pressing the block button/key).

The other issue is with the campaign map. When I loaded into the campaign map yesterday it would zoom all the way out and no matter how I would zoom back in it would zoom out again. I also had the issue where zooming in was very slow using the scroll wheel, so I had to press and hold the scroll wheel move the mouse forward to zoom in only for me to let go of the wheel, and then the game would just zoom me out again. Today, after uninstalling and reinstalling the game, the game has not zoomed me out, but zooming in and out with the scroll wheel is still very slow and tedious.

Here are fixes I have tried:

Uninstalling all of my mods and just using the base game

Changing the game to 1.5.6 (still had the same issues) and then changing back to 1.5.7 (still had the same issues)

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game

Changing keybinds

If you have any suggestions, or have experienced similar issues, please let me know.

Videos:

I am experiencing two bugs that ruin the game. The main bug, which has affected both multiplayer and singleplayer (I am on 1.5.7), is making my character stay in the defense/block animation at all times. I am able to move, shield bash, and order troops. I can also switch weapons, but as soon as the weapon is equipped, my character goes back to blocking in whatever direction I looked in when I switched. I can't change the block direction or attack. I have switched my block keybind to see if the mouse of the issue, but it still blocks by itself (I am not pressing the block button/key).

The other issue is with the campaign map. When I loaded into the campaign map yesterday it would zoom all the way out and no matter how I would zoom back in it would zoom out again. I also had the issue where zooming in was very slow using the scroll wheel, so I had to press and hold the scroll wheel move the mouse forward to zoom in only for me to let go of the wheel, and then the game would just zoom me out again. Today, after uninstalling and reinstalling the game, the game has not zoomed me out, but zooming in and out with the scroll wheel is still very slow and tedious.

Here are fixes I have tried:

Uninstalling all of my mods and just using the base game

Changing the game to 1.5.6 (still had the same issues) and then changing back to 1.5.7 (still had the same issues)

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game

Changing keybinds

If you have any suggestions, or have experienced similar issues, please let me know.

Videos:

Hey guys, I am a certified dumbass who had his Xbox controller plugged in. It so happened to be pressing the block button and the stick for zooming in and out. So for anyone with a similar issue, see if there are any other controllers and such that may be impacting the game.

Back
Top Bottom