B Other Combat Animation Enhancement - Fifth Release with Trailer 15/11/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Actually I kind of like the new horse thrust animation. It might not be perfect, but it's better I think than the native one (which is the same as the foot spear thrust, where it looks weird)

Quick update -

I'm planning for another release in about a week. Don't want to make people download on a weekly basis!

Sahran said:
Actually I kind of like the new horse thrust animation. It might not be perfect, but it's better I think than the native one (which is the same as the foot spear thrust, where it looks weird)
Yeah I thought it worked pretty well for horseback. Might suit close-range thrusts against footmen better as well. I'll think about it again later once I've finished the other stuff.

Oop - sorry for the late reply.

That's fine by me. Just chuck me in the credits with a link to this thread. I'll send you the module system lines for theme in a PM later. Glad you want to use them!

i'm in love with this enhanchement!

edit: hey i checked around u bit in this topic is it possible that not all the features are listed in the first post? because i want to suggest some things :p but dont want to spam

Hey papa lazarou, I suggested ur animation enhancement to Floris Mod, with your credits  :wink:

What about next release? i think it would be cool a new horseback polearm animation, or shield bashing. that would be pretty cool.

I've been thnking, is it possible to do some kind of defense against arrows with a polearm? like in those movies when the spin the polearm in their hands, and get protected of arrows and bullets. U know what I mean? I think its kinda unrealistic, an not easy to make beacuse it is not only a animation enhancement. It has gotta work with other stuff to make it possible.

Life_Erikson said:
Very nice! Good luck with it!  :grin:
Cheers!

manekemaan said:
i'm in love with this enhanchement!

edit: hey i checked around u bit in this topic is it possible that not all the features are listed in the first post? because i want to suggest some things :p but dont want to spam
Thanks! And feel free to suggest anything you like. Note that my goal is to improve some of the game's existing animations (all the melee attacks and blocks used on foot at least). Most mechanical changes will be side-effects. I won't be including any shield-bashing or pike-bracing or anything like that in the basic mod. That said, it's still worth mentioning mechanics outside the mod that could use new animations, because I might go on to work on those after this project.

Coristan said:
Hey papa lazarou, I suggested ur animation enhancement to Floris Mod, with your credits  :wink:

What about next release? i think it would be cool a new horseback polearm animation, or shield bashing. that would be pretty cool.
The content of the next release is a secret!

I have no solid plans at the moment for horseback animations, but I'll think about them once I finish with the other stuff. As I said above, I won't be including shield-bashing in CAE (much as I would like things like this in M&B). I might make an animation for that mechanic later on though.

I've been thnking, is it possible to do some kind of defense against arrows with a polearm? like in those movies when the spin the polearm in their hands, and get protected of arrows and bullets. U know what I mean? I think its kinda unrealistic, an not easy to make beacuse it is not only a animation enhancement. It has gotta work with other stuff to make it possible.
Well, I could animate it, but I don't know how to do the mechanical stuff. I quite like the idea of working on some kind of egregious martial arts mod with features like this, but of course it's way out of the scope of CAE.

I sense some pause between block and strike 1h weapon. It is more than in standard native actions. Consequently two handed weapon block and strike faster than one handed.

Thanks! And feel free to suggest anything you like. Note that my goal is to improve some of the game's existing animations (all the melee attacks and blocks used on foot at least). Most mechanical changes will be side-effects. I won't be including any shield-bashing or pike-bracing or anything like that in the basic mod. That said, it's still worth mentioning mechanics outside the mod that could use new animations, because I might go on to work on those after this project.

thanks for the reply ^^

i was hoping for the spear bracing :p but no problem if you wont. I mean your the one doing the work :p.

Maybe something cool with polearms would be getting momentum from spinning the polearm around (maybe more with an halberd kind of polearm)
and I was also wondering, does the AI perform well with those movements? I mean do they let their movements flow smoothly into eachother?

New release in a day or two.

InfernoOfAbyss said:
I sense some pause between block and strike 1h weapon. It is more than in standard native actions. Consequently two handed weapon block and strike faster than one handed.
I haven't edited those things for one-handed weapons, so hopefully that's an illusion.

manekemaan said:
thanks for the reply ^^

i was hoping for the spear bracing :p but no problem if you wont. I mean your the one doing the work :p.

Maybe something cool with polearms would be getting momentum from spinning the polearm around (maybe more with an halberd kind of polearm)
Well again, that'd be a new mechanic. I'm just trying to improve what's already there.

and I was also wondering, does the AI perform well with those movements? I mean do they let their movements flow smoothly into eachother?
I'd say so, yes. It helps that they spam like maniacs.

Papa Lazarou said:
I haven't edited those things for one-handed weapons, so hopefully that's an illusion.

Unfortunately it's not an illusion  :cool:,  try up block, then overswing. I sure, you observe the difference.

Wow, the new bow animations are amazing! But, are you going to change crossbow animations aswell? becouse for now even siege crossbow is faster than a bow.

Thanks!

I think it should be known that Jabarkis was particularly helpful in this version. He figured out how to work the vertex animations and reanimated the bending of the bows, while I animated the movement of the characters.

And just so everyone knows, I'm fully aware that the new shooting rate will completely wreck the game balance - fear not, it's only temporary. Even though the shooting rate in this version is probably on the faster side of realistic, I'll probably speed it up in a future release to match the Native rate.

I was actually hoping to change the mechanics of archery so that nocking an arrow would take a little while (maybe 3 seconds), it would be possible to keep an arrow on the string without drawing, and the draw/loose would be quite fast. I ran into a few problems making that change, so for this release I just went with a fast but realistic shooting rate, keeping the Native mechanics. In the final version of the mod I'll have new animations, along with either new mechanics and a new shooting rate or the old mechanics and the old shooting rate.

Night Ninja said:
Looking forward to the two handed weapon one. :grin:
You worded that very politely  :razz:

Whoosh

Heh. :smile:

A minor quibble about the archery animations. I'm not sure if it's just the camera angle, but the right elbow seems to be very far out. It's quite visible here and on the left of your banner. I got the impression that  the upper arm is generally kept in line with the torso at full draw, but I could be wrong. I don't do archery, so you should probably get additional verification. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom