Combat AI: I think AI overvalue melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Psykobob

Regular
I did some fighting against the nords and some tournament ifghting and I found out that AI overvalue melee.

Nords footman use their throwing weapon a lot (wich is ok) but they charge you with it a lot (try a rescue prisoner mission in a nord town). Javelins are not great in hand to hand and it makes fights way too easy when comp uses it.

In tournaments I see way too much archers charging with their almost-useless-daggers (while riding a horse  :shock:).  Using melee is ok in some situations but if AI uses it all the time it makes the game way too easy.

Anyone else thinks the same?

PS I want to learn good English: Anyone else thinks the same? or Anyone else think the same?

yeh, i laugh when some decide to charge with their UBERZ 1 inch daggers  :lol: :lol:

but most of them, in all ym games, tend to use the bow and only use the dagger when out of their horse, and challenged in melee, as it should be

so if its consistent in ur games, maybe a bug...

HolyDevil said:
yeh, i laugh when some decide to charge with their UBERZ 1 inch daggers  :lol: :lol:

but most of them, in all ym games, tend to use the bow and only use the dagger when out of their horse, and challenged in melee, as it should be

so if its consistent in ur games, maybe a bug...

I decided to post when I saw for the Xth time horse archers charge with their dagger out in a 2 on 2 in a tournament at the beginning of the round....

Psykobob said:
PS I want to learn good English: Anyone else thinks the same? or Anyone else think the same?
The second is common usage, although formally it should be "Does anyone else think the same?"

By the way, so far it seems your English is already better than that of many native speakers.  It's certainly better than my grip on your language :smile:

Pode said:
By the way, so far it seems your English is already better than that of many native speakers.  It's certainly better than my grip on your language :smile:

Hmm.. And what is my language ? :smile:

Thank you for the correction by the way.

It doesn't matter, I don't have command of ANY other language equivalent to your English.  I still remember enough French to say my dog is under the toilet, and enough gringo Spanish to order my beer in bottles and ask for the restroom.  You can tell I learned French in school and Spanish in the real world :lol:

Psykobob said:
I did some fighting against the nords and some tournament ifghting and I found out that AI overvalue melee.

Nords footman use their throwing weapon a lot (wich is ok) but they charge you with it a lot (try a rescue prisoner mission in a nord town). Javelins are not great in hand to hand and it makes fights way too easy when comp uses it.

In tournaments I see way too much archers charging with their almost-useless-daggers (while riding a horse  :shock:).  Using melee is ok in some situations but if AI uses it all the time it makes the game way too easy.

Anyone else thinks the same?

You find rescuing a prisoner with that ****ty stick easy huh? You must be godlike. Some castles are alright because you wont face many people but some they swarm from everywhere, especialy towns and you just cant stop them because you cant block your front and back.

Also ill never understand how so many people can speak english and yet us english people fail misribly at even bothering to learn the basics of other languages.

Those daggers can put out some whoop. I tend to use them quite a lot depending on the character's build. From a horse you can easily one shot someone with them. Beats putting 40 arrows into their shield, then another 4 into their face.

dhowlett said:
You find rescuing a prisoner with that ****ty stick easy huh? You must be godlike. Some castles are alright because you wont face many people but some they swarm from everywhere, especialy towns and you just cant stop them because you cant block your front and back.

Also ill never understand how so many people can speak english and yet us english people fail misribly at even bothering to learn the basics of other languages.

I'm pretty sure he's saying the AI using the "****ty stick" makes it a lot easier.

dhowlett said:

it's because English has been the dominant language of the world for about five centuries.

Back
Top Bottom