Resolved Combat AI flaws

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,
There are some flaws in the way "Good" combat AI works. I mostly tested it in Practice fight in arena, so some of it may be slightened by tactical formations.

-NPCs do not parry when you spam attacks while turning around them.

way to reproduct this : have an advantage (block them, stun them or simply strike first), then turn around them and spam attacking. Works with one-handed weapons at least (not with polearms. I didn't test melee javelins though). Your opponent will try hitting you continously, and he will die soon.
It occurs wether NPC has a shield or not. (exceptionnally, some times, they parry. I'd give it 5% chance)

-Polearms users should at least try to keep their distance.

A NPC using a polearm in arena is a dead NPC.

Way to reproduce this : You just have to block their first attack and approach them, then spam attacks. If they don't have a shield, they are dead, because they don't parry either.

Last thing : A particular behaviour in arena (not a bug, more of a balance problem)
If a NPC has got any other possible opponent than you, they will run to them, even if they already were running at you, even if you are shooting missiles at them.
It doesn't occur this strongly if you already engaged combat with them, but still it is troublesome.

(actually, it's an exact reverse of Warband arena situation, when strictly everybody tried to kill specifically you ; yet, it's more easy to play, but I think it's a bit too much.)

Glad you post this! It is really easy to win any 1 v 1 this way. Also it's kind of funny to start spining around your opponent and spamning attacks jajaja. Hope they improve the AI.

they need to improve polearms so when you parry with one you stagger your opponent back to a range you can attack otherwise you NEVER GET TO ATTACK AGAIN

The weird behaviour where AI ignores you in the arena is strictly related to ranged weapon. Melee troops just ignore archers, unless they are within 5m or if there is absolutely nobody else to attack.

Way to reproduce:
1. Get into arena training match. It's easier in Swadian arenas, because arena is small, spawns predictable and ranged weapon scarce.
2. Make sure you have ranged unit.
3. Stand next somewhere in the middle and from time to time switch weapon and observe AI behaviour.
4. At some point you'll get melee enemy for whom you're the closest target. He'll run to you if you have melee weapon out, but switch target immediately if you switch to ranged weapon.

But the bug shows one nice thing: that AI has some sort of target prioritisation based on target equipment. It just requires reversing, and we'll get smarter AI that targets those without shields, enemy archers, ect.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Hey! I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. If the problem persists, please let me know. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom