Color palette of clans and coloring of units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear developers!
The game currently only has 6 colors for the two banner elements (total 12 colors), which is catastrophically small, especially considering that some of these colors are similar. You can increase the color palette by adding new colors (it is advisable not to divide the colors into different parts of the banner, as it is now, but to add them all there and there).

Also, I (I think, like many other players) are interested in the coloring of units of different clans, which is currently available. If you are a member of a kingdom, then, unlike "Warband", where the warriors of each clan were painted in the colors of their clan, here all clans are of the same color (the color of the kingdom). It's a huge step back in terms of atmosphere and authenticity. An unnecessary step towards arcade, even though it's just graphics. Do you plan to change anything in this part of the game, or will we have to continue to watch how boring red and blue men will beat each other in battles involving 1000+ warriors?)

Remember "Warband", where you could immediately distinguish the warriors of Count Rafarch and Boyar Druly in appearance, even if they fought side by side shoulder to shoulder, and remember films about the Middle Ages, when warriors with multi-colored shields, armor (surcoat, tabard and etc.) and banners. This is really cool, and not what we have now. And imagine how dull identical pennants will look when you introduce bannermen into the game if there are many lords and thousands of units participating in battles. Think about it and take the right measures while I'm kind (joke).
Best regards and have a nice evening :smile:

P.S. It is about whether this issue will be considered at all in the future, and not now. After the game is generally put in order, the main and most important aspects of the game will be completed / improved, of course.

Do you plan to change anything in this part of the game, or will we have to continue to watch how boring red and blue men will beat each other in battles involving 1000+ warriors?
It bothers me how much they say they want colorful battles by adding banners, yet all banners will probably be the kingdom's color and that's it...

I agree entirely with your post. Really hope they look into it, at the very least increase the colors we can pick, like why isn't there a color wheel or something? There should be one!

And yes, individual clan colors is so much better.

There exist(ed) a mod (for me not functioning any more, surely for all)

Custom Banners and Uniforms Pack (CBU Pack 2.0)​

and look only at the vids of this fine mod... it is possible. I cannot imagine that something similar will not be implemented also for the vanilla version. It adds not only at least a small amount of 'banner' to the lords.
Ok in medieval warfare the 'banner' was an organisational unit with ... a unique standard and only later the word banner also used for flags or standards. But without battlesigns in a for Lords appealing appearance, the momentary stage here in bannerlord is a bit pale. Anyway again, i dont think the now very limited stuff will be finally all. Would be curious.
As mentioned in old Warband with all its limitations the whole product was nearly maxed out. Bannerlord is far away from this phase.

I played a few custom battles the other day and each time I played, the shields and banners for my troops had interesting colors and patterns. The only mod I am using is the Bear Your Banner mod to add banners to the game. The different colors and patterns are obviously in the game, why not just make it an option to use 'expanded' kingdom colors if you want, or just stick to the basics if you prefer that?

I guess TW analytics found out that sales will drop by about 0,142% if they add more color options and that the casual gamer can only see the difference between about 16 different colors.

Ideally we'd see full 24 bit colors (so 256 options for RGB).

I'm not sure what the level of work that would be required to change this would be.

I understand the game design decision of keeping all the factions a single colour so the dumb, dummy player wouldn't get confused, but it could have been so much better because like you said, there could be variations. How about different tone of reds for the vlandians? Oranges? Yellows? It wasn't so hard to do something like that. And the battles are a guttering mess anyways so who cares

I don't want clan colors or different shield colors, because I always play without the NPC markers and it's difficult enough to identify enemy and own troops especially in chaotic mounted or archery combat. At least the shields have to stay in one color. To have colorful clothing and shields while suffering the fat round overhead.markers is not my taste of immersion.

I don't want clan colors or different shield colors, because I always play without the NPC markers and it's difficult enough to identify enemy and own troops especially in chaotic mounted or archery combat. At least the shields have to stay in one color. To have colorful clothing and shields while suffering the fat round overhead.markers is not my taste of immersion.

I would like to see a change in color. So that every clan has a different color. The kingdom should be marked by a different border or something. And of course banners.

Many gamers, regardless of pc or console, can take hours creating just the right looking character or will fight tooth and nail to get a cool looking or rare weapon/armor. But Taleworlds can't grasp this simple concept, it shows how out of touch they really are. The simple fact that more options is always good especially when it's not that hard to do.

Back
Top Bottom