Coding help

Users who are viewing this thread

lolbash

Master Knight
In Warband if you hit a horse your weapon can pass through the horse and is still able to hit 1 person before it can no longer hit anyone else on that swing. It must be a horse however, and that is the only known way to hit multiple targets on a weapon swing in Warband.

This means that being able to hit multiple enemies is possible, but since I am not a fluent coder,  I do not know how to apply this hit through horse property to people, much less where to find the code in the game files in the first place.

Can anyone help me with this by finding the code showing me how to find this in the confusing text files and how to code in this property?

you can study tutorials/OSP code for stuff like grenades. The sub-sections in the Forge are the place to look. You may even find one for AoE attacks with weapons in there.

example https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,331756.msg7842774.html#msg7842774

code wise you need to capture the moment a hit happens (trigger), choose a radius of attack (90deg around target, etc, with a distance equal to weapon reach or whatever you want), search for agents (soldiers) that are inside that area, filter out friendlies (if you want to), apply damage to each agent that was not the original target.

Back
Top Bottom