SP - General Co op Campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Keithux

Recruit
First I'm going to say that I know you guys are pestered here a lot about co op campaign's and have brought up the reasonable responses that certain aspects of the game would be difficult to convert and I would've left it at that if not for a certain mod.

The mod I'm talking about is bannerlord online, what this does is converts bannerlord's campaign into a MMO format as well as they can, and recently they've added the ability to battle other players with relative success. This has shown the community that a bannerlord co op mode is absolutely achievable and may not even be as hard to implement as we've previously assumed considering the sheer scale of conversion a modding team has been able to achieve.

Obviously bannerlord online is cool but because of its format and the amount of players on it's servers at all times they've had to limit how much players can interact with the game and even how the battles themselves function and thus cannot replicate what a true co op mode would be. Myself and the community have begged for the ability to have a mode that is bannerlord's sandbox mode just with the ability to have other players join and bannerlord online has shown that the previous reasons for not implementing this may not be as absolute as previously thought.

From an objective standpoint and the developers point of view this idea does seem admittedly resource draining, but just know that I myself and I'm sure a good amount of the community would be more than happy to have the feature be added via DLC if that's what it takes. Further more the addition of this one feature would obviously boost the replay value of bannerlord hundreds of times over, and the prospect of potential players who may flock to the game just from the promise of playing with friends is something that cannot be ignored. Also with a co op sandbox mode online content of the game will become much more entertaining and as a direct result of this the online community should undoubtedly grow which would most likely grow the playerbase with it.

Obviously we don't ask for this to be rushed, this is something that would undoubtedly take time if it is to be stable and playable. But I think going forward the idea should absolutely be inquired either for a future update of the game, a possible next installment in the series or DLC. All I ask is that you reconsider and keep the community up to date on the possibility as the hype would again definitely rein vigor much of the community and possibly attract new fans.
Keep up the great work guys and I hope to see a response.

PS. here is a lengthy uncut stream that showcases what bannerlord online has achieved so far

PS, PS I've asked for alot on this thread but if implemented plz consider mod compatibility.

Would be fantastic however they got a lot on their plate right now so I doubt it will happen. I assume for something like this they would really need to master p2p networking for servers, something similar to how gta 5 online is structured for example.

They can do co-op mode but with tons of bugs, crashes and adding new features and fixing bugs from there. I think when they finish the campaign, they will definitely go to co-op because it attracts a large number of players!
My english not good sorry.

Would be fantastic however they got a lot on their plate right now so I doubt it will happen. I assume for something like this they would really need to master p2p networking for servers, something similar to how gta 5 online is structured for example.
I'd assume they could look into having games hosted by the players kinda like how paradox games tend to do it but I don't know anything about how that works so I won't act like it's easy or anything. I also did stress that it shouldn't be a priority right now as the base game does still need a lot of work.

There is a co-op mod in development
Maybe but either way a mod will never be able to achieve the fluidness or stability without sacrificing gameplay elements that the base game could achieve. Also if it's done via mod it's likely that you won't be able to play other mods co op.

Maybe but either way a mod will never be able to achieve the fluidness or stability without sacrificing gameplay elements that the base game could achieve. Also if it's done via mod it's likely that you won't be able to play other mods co op.
I agree, I was arguing for a co-op campaign to be included in Bannerlord since 2015 in these forums. But TW won't even add feasts to the game, there's just no way they'll do a co-op campaign sadly..

i would love a coop campaign they could make one person control the brother as a secondary character with their own party so they could help you in battles and just make player one in charge of the army when taking castles or towns

It's a shame they won't do it when there's such a strong support for the idea from the community, hopefully the coop mod will be done sometime in the near future, last I heard they're struggling getting people/devs to help

Back
Top Bottom