Cloth content files(*.tcc/*.tcm) from Cloth Editor, How to create them, Where to find them, What to do with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

I created custom armors and added cloth physic to them. Tested them in both model viewer and ingame. So far so good. However when I equip them on a character through the inventory there is a long loading time. Then after that I can equip and unequip the items with no issue. I read in the modding documention about that:

Our simulation system generates two files with *.tcc and *.tcm extensions. Tcc files contains preprocessed data used by cloth simulation like constraint indices, constraint lengths etc. Tcm files contains mapping data of a render mesh to a simulation mesh. You must commit both these files to Plastic SCM to ensure that nobody will wait for cooking process to complete during scene loading stage.

Fisrt of all, I can't find any of those files. Where are they suppose be generated? Do I need to do something in addition than click on the "save mesh settings" button? How to generate them? And finally what i'm supposed to do with them? I don't know how to use Plastic SCM. I never heard about it before. Is there a step by step tutorial about this somewhere?

I'm sorry, I have so many questions.

Back
Top Bottom