Cloth and hair physics

Users who are viewing this thread

After TW implemented cloth physics to the horses' manes, I was expecting them to expand this feature by making characters hair and clothes react with physics as well.

Is there any indication they are adding physics to hair and clothes? How do you feel about it, is it really needed?

Let me know your opinions!

Oh yeah but hair physics appear in VC if I am not wrong. Is a thing which many want just for immersion. I not understand what means these physics(for me means be dynamic not static)

Captain mode confirms fur capes in the game, it is already in the game, both cloth and hair.

I will be personally turning these off because I have a weak GPU, but am personally happy with the implementation nonetheless.

Yup, as Rainbow said. Would've loved to see how a long cape performed with cloth physics though. Too bad we didn't see that (at least not that I know of) in the various gamescom demo videos. There was this in the items list though:

d14513a87f.png

Taleworlds, you better show us a majestic long cape fluttering in the wind next time, also known as Bannerlord's main selling point.

Gab-AG. said:
Yup, as Rainbow said. Would've loved to see how a long cape performed with cloth physics though. Too bad we didn't see that (at least not that I know of) in the various gamescom demo videos. There was this in the items list though:

d14513a87f.png

Taleworlds, you better show us a majestic long cape fluttering in the wind next time, also known as Bannerlord's main selling point.

It might look fancy, but where are you going to find a telephone booth to change into it?

Capes and horse manes are animated with physics, but the cloth from regular garments (other than capes) and people's hair don't seem to be physics based.

Look at the female character dress and hair, they're mainly static.

let's say, you have an army of 200 long cape guys. Then your enemy is attacking you with the similar army. I would say that your pc just crash in that battle or the clothes have to have some very clever level of detail system. But if they are all in the same place, it will easily make your computer freezing. But anyways, this kind of research is the thing that takes a lot of time.

Harmi said:
let's say, you have an army of 200 long cape guys. Then your enemy is attacking you with the similar army. I would say that your pc just crash in that battle or the clothes have to have some very clever level of detail system. But if they are all in the same place, it will easily make your computer freezing. But anyways, this kind of research is the thing that takes a lot of time.

Who knows, it would depend on your rig. It might make your game freeze, it may make your fps drop or it may run just fine. There could be some sort of lod for the physics part or not. Perhaps only the player would be able to use them. We'll see.

Harmi said:
Who knows, it would depend on your rig. It might make your game freeze, it may make your fps drop or it may run just fine. There could be some sort of lod for the physics part or not. Perhaps only the player would be able to use them. We'll see.
This usually isn't a problem in most games due to them having an option to limit how many physics objects are active at once.
Knowing that Taleworlds seem to know what they're doing tech-wise, I think it's safe to assume that Bannerlord is going to feature such an option.
And I also imagine we'll be able to turn of clothes physics entirely.

Back
Top Bottom