OSP 3D Art Cloaks - RELEASED

Users who are viewing this thread

Dain Ironfoot said:
Yes you were dreaming. Taleworlds haven't even given us their own version of BRF edit to let us look at their animations, let alone a magic tool which a bunch of people seem to think we'll get. I'd be really happy with the same amount of animation functionality we had a few versions back where I could export animations as SMDs.
Damn.. And I could swear I saw somewhere that they will release something related to animations.. It was a good dream - atleast  :razz:
It is kinda weird that custom animations can't be done even though we can access the skeleton and do rigging..

What you probably saw was this
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,52073.0.html
But those aren't really new animations, as Dain pointed out, they are just tweaked ones.

Not even tweaked. Just some creative rejigging of module_animations.

Custom animations could be done through just animating the skeleton yes, but BRF editor can't open the new skeleton .brfs.. so we couldn't import them. A few versions back we could do custom animations and we did, we could export and import animations as SMDs.. now until we get a new BRF editor, we're stuck.

As far as I know, we don't know.  Thor said he doesnt have much time, and Armagan hasnt released anything or made any recent mentions of releasing any tools.

WOOHOO!

I have no idea why games don't have cloaks in them in the original release! Oblivion, I'm looking at you!  :evil:

As for cloak ideas, here's some:

A nice rich green cloth one for the Vaegirs!
A brown one, perhaps a bit ragged. A "cheap" cloak that has a sort of hessian look and blends well with Linen Tunic or Pilgrim's Robes.
A black cloak, to go with the black armour/black robe. Also, lots of people like black cloaks. :wink:
A muddy cloak! Maybe navy blue? But all splattered and dirty.
Cloaks for each of the Kings. Maybe a vibrant red one for Swadia, complete with sable fur trim, heavy gold chain and lion motif?
A couple of cloaks for the ladies (as in, matching the dresses and such).

Good vibrant cloak colour choices: Red, Green, Blue
Good muted/gritty cloak colours: Grey, Brown, Dark Green

Will you have hooded and unhooded versions?

Is it at all possible for the cloak mesh to drape across the shoulders, or ideally over the shoulders, or does this interfere with animations/armour too much?

This is so awesome. Now there will be mix-and-match cloaks with different armours! Woot woot woot.

You have my sincerest gratitude and appreciation. Thank-you so much!

Some nice ideas there! I'll try and get as many as possible in!

Yes, hooded and unhooded.

I've just finally got the rigging to my satisfaction, so I'll try and get the textures done now, and then release this evening!

Dain Ironfoot said:
Some nice ideas there! I'll try and get as many as possible in!

Yes, hooded and unhooded.

I've just finally got the rigging to my satisfaction, so I'll try and get the textures done now, and then release this evening!

I´d like that very much, go for it you big dwarf  :razz:

Man, I knew you were one of the best modders on this forum.
Are you planning to add this in with your Peninsula War mod?
Even soldiers get cold  :grin:.
I think the cloak I would want would be a dark-green hooded cape.
Maybe even with a part hiding the lower face so only the eyes are showing?

Brudelas said:
Man, I knew you were one of the best modders on this forum.
Are you planning to add this in with your Peninsula War mod?
Even soldiers get cold  :grin:.
I think the cloak I would want would be a dark-green hooded cape.
Maybe even with a part hiding the lower face so only the eyes are showing?

Hrmm, hidden face eh? I'll see what I can do!

Would I add this to Peninsular.. interesting question! I'll have to think about it! Cloaks were certainly worn a lot in the winters by officers and cavalry..

I just briefly tried this, and this is awesome, great job!!!

some minor feedback/suggestions:
1) you should rename cloak1-cloak9 to be cloak01-cloak09, since right now BRFEdit is treating cloak1 & cloak2 as multi-mesh's with between 9k-18k tri's.  Not sure if that will effect the game, but I couldn't see those red cloaks in BRFEdit until I renamed them.
2) You may need to make the mask slightly bigger, since if you used random faces on troops, they might have wide faces/jaws, big noses/chin, etc. I did a test with moving some of the sliders to the right and was able to basically get my entire chin to stick through the mask.  The hood was fine unless I moved the face width to the far left so I had a tall/narrow face, and even then it was minimum clipping on the top.  This looks like the native hood, so thats probably an issue in native, and I wouldn't bother trying to fix the hood.

Just turn off multimeshing in BRF edit daftie :razz:

Yeah, the mask was really an afterthought, I guess I'll have to fiddle with it some more before I upload to the repository.

Back
Top Bottom