SP - General Clear indication of village association with town

Users who are viewing this thread

"A small thing, but pleasing," as the actress said to the bishop.

Anyway, could we have some way to know which town a village is going to trade with? Preferably in overhead map through the pop-up tooltips, but even "talk to villagers" option at this point would be an improvement.

For being such an important element of the game (workshops depend on this information, town prosperity considerations absolutely do, too), the lack of any immediate feedback is really disappointing.

Since we have information such as number of hearths or militia in a village in the tooltip, knowing where they go to trade shouldn't be missing, either.

This is possible since day 1. You press alt and hover over the village/town.
Because of how the game calculates "shortest distance," that is not reliable information.

Just because the village technically is "bound to" a town, it doesn't mean it'll send its villagers to that town if another is closer - there is a post floating around the internet (sorry, don't remember if here or on reddit) that explains why villagers from Oristocarys will travel all the way to Zeonica and bypass the effectively closer Jalmarys or Ortysia.

And the alt information has absolutely no similar indication for castle-bound villages at all.

Where each village sends its trading parties is very important. We should have that information immediately available, and accurate.

Because of how the game calculates "shortest distance," that is not reliable information.

Just because the village technically is "bound to" a town, it doesn't mean it'll send its villagers to that town if another is closer - there is a post floating around the internet (sorry, don't remember if here or on reddit) that explains why villagers from Oristocarys will travel all the way to Zeonica and bypass the effectively closer Jalmarys or Ortysia.

And the alt information has absolutely no similar indication for castle-bound villages at all.

Where each village sends its trading parties is very important. We should have that information immediately available, and accurate.

+1.

But of course I would rather they also fix pathfinding for villagers so they don't take ridiculous route to the market.

+1.

Right now the only way to know for sure which villages are taking there goods to which towns is by waiting in a town and watching to see what villagers are entering or waiting in villages and watching where the villagers head when they leave.

It probably wouldn't be all that technically challenging to add a line to the village tooltip showing which town the villagers last visited. The villagers know where they are heading when they leave, so just save that location as a variable and print that variable in the tooltip.

Something like: "Currently Supplying: Zeonica"

I agree, it's important to know which villages are supplying each city.
IMO villages should send goods to their associated castle, and from then they should send local caravans to the nearest city in the same kingdom, which should be their political and economic hub.

I agree, it's important to know which villages are supplying each city.
IMO villages should send goods to their associated castle, and from then they should send local caravans to the nearest city in the same kingdom, which should be their political and economic hub.

I agree, villagers should take their stuff to respective castles

I also think that castles should have a market and be visited by caravans

basically they should act almost as towns, only with much less population and, perhaps, no workshops (but the smithy should be present, from the start or as an upgrade)

@Kea Black
I think at some point in Bannerlord development there was a project to make all fiefs (or at least castles and villages) potentially equal, so a village could grow and build a castle, but it was deprecated. Personally I like the idea of villages dependent on castles because it's believable, like for instance a big valley with several populations and a castle in a suitable place, it's plausible if the castle acts as the seat of power for the whole valley. To dominate the valley you need to control the castle and single villages can't be kept separately from the castle.

The castle location should be like another village with the same features, only there would be a castle with correspondent features on top of that. No need to have a proper market because castles and villages represent rural areas while cities represent economic centers for a big region containing several such rural areas. But it could be added as a small local market managing the production and wealth in the area.
It makes sense if villages send their products to their political center (aka castle), and from there, once the tributes are paid the surplus is sent to the appropiate city.

I wasn't speaking of letting villages becoming castles, but making castles have the same basic features of towns (market, tavern, recruitment) with some of them less effective than town counterparts to differentiate the two, for example the market could have only a limited range of goods, smithy and taverns need to be built in the first place or something else

villages should still be linked to a town or a castle and take their goods to the linked town/castle, in these scenario, since villagers always go to their linked fief there is no need of an indication other than that of the linked town/castle

Yes, my thought process was going that way because there are several possibilities here, one being every village could become a castle and a city in time, but my view is it's better to keep it ordered and static because economy is too complex already. I'm not sure if villagers always go to their linked fief, I think at the moment villagers linked to castles go to the nearest city directly, which could be better centralized if they go to their castle first.

I don't see any problem in adding other features to castles like you say. "With fire and sword" had those implemented IIRC.

Back to the thread subject, there should be an indication of political and economic relations between fiefs. Maybe if you hover the mouse over the castle, the linked villages are highlighted, and so on with cities. Something like that.

Back
Top Bottom