Antiquity OSP 3D Art Classical Italian/Roman items - Read Last Post!

Which Armors shall Gothic Work on?

• Double belt Roman Hamata(Post Marian Reforms/Augustan Era)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Square Italian Breastplate?

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Pectoral Italian Breastplate?

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Gallic Hamata?

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, here's the scutum development pack. Be sure to examine the overlays and textures so you know what they are for, other then that, it's simply an issue of alpha pathing the base layer and painting any color base you want.
captureodv.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?ugxiq0nijcdpds6

Would you be willing to release the osp hoplon texture like you did the republic scutum kit? I can use a simple, plain bronze shield. :razz:

Fantastic stuff, Gothic Knight. That scutum's a hell of a great foundational piece.

I'm wondering, could I use your roman hamata model as a base for some armors of mine? I don't have any specific ideas in mind just yet aside of perhaps one mycenaean corselet, but it looks great and would help to offer a solid "short sleeved hauberk with shoulder pads" type base to work from.

Cheers. :grin:

As an addendum: It wouldn't benefit anything I'm doing but I think it'd be fantastic if you could do one of the Samnite/Oscan pectorals (either the three disc, circle, or box). There seems to be a good share of early roman type mods but their lack of resources force them to favor later era stuff. That might be due to their personal tastes in some cases, but some of the pectorals that were ubiquitous in Italy would be a great feature.

Sahran said:
Fantastic stuff, Gothic Knight.
As an addendum: It wouldn't benefit anything I'm doing but I think it'd be fantastic if you could do one of the Samnite/Oscan pectorals (either the three disc, circle, or box). There seems to be a good share of early roman type mods but their lack of resources force them to favor later era stuff. That might be due to their personal tastes in some cases, but some of the pectorals that were ubiquitous in Italy would be a great feature.

I second that. Would be great to have some more Samnite stuff, not much armour osp at the mo.

Btw I noticed that now you have for some helmets the plume seperate from the helmet, also there is a sword in 2 parts. How do I put that in the game? Do i just need to make it read both of the meshes?

Sahran said:
Fantastic stuff, Gothic Knight. That scutum's a hell of a great foundational piece.

I'm wondering, could I use your roman hamata model as a base for some armors of mine? I don't have any specific ideas in mind just yet aside of perhaps one mycenaean corselet, but it looks great and would help to offer a solid "short sleeved hauberk with shoulder pads" type base to work from.

Cheers. :grin:

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. Yes, you can use my hamata as a base for whatever you want to make and yea, I'm planning on making a box armor soon.

Btw I noticed that now you have for some helmets the plume seperate from the helmet, also there is a sword in 2 parts. How do I put that in the game? Do i just need to make it read both of the meshes?
The helmet is multimeshed and the sword is not intended to be used but are rather a copy of the blade I was modifying. Just use the sword that is higher as it should be the right one. I'll rename the mesh in the future so that you guys will know that it isn't intended to be multimeshed or used.

Glad to hear it Gothic. And no need to apologize! Really great that you're doing this OSP work.

If you happen to want concepts for the box, not that it's very difficult but even so, I'll share the ones I did for Lynores: http://imgur.com/a/FOcQm#0

I threw in a mix of Etruscan and Samnite stuff, some of the Etruscan stuff isn't relevant to the scutum but is still useful. Right click and open to window/tab to see full sized. And it would be cool if you did a linothorax, since the foundation of it allows for a lot of creativity by secondary artists onto doing scale/lamellar/designs.

Also you mentioned kinda having made the cuirass the Roman guys are wearing - I'm curious if that'll be OSP'd? We have some for SITD, but they are a bit tricky to work with and while the Mycenaean area cuirasses didn't have the 'dip' in the front and back I could probably edit one to be flatter. So I'd be thrilled if you did any such cuirasses, but wouldn't want to be demanding or anything.

Sahran said:
Glad to hear it Gothic. And no need to apologize! Really great that you're doing this OSP work.

If you happen to want concepts for the box, not that it's very difficult but even so, I'll share the ones I did for Lynores: http://imgur.com/a/FOcQm#0

I threw in a mix of Etruscan and Samnite stuff, some of the Etruscan stuff isn't relevant to the scutum but is still useful. Right click and open to window/tab to see full sized. And it would be cool if you did a linothorax, since the foundation of it allows for a lot of creativity by secondary artists onto doing scale/lamellar/designs.

Also you mentioned kinda having made the cuirass the Roman guys are wearing - I'm curious if that'll be OSP'd? We have some for SITD, but they are a bit tricky to work with and while the Mycenaean area cuirasses didn't have the 'dip' in the front and back I could probably edit one to be flatter. So I'd be thrilled if you did any such cuirasses, but wouldn't want to be demanding or anything.

I think Rgl gave me permission to modify it. So, after I'm done modifying it and adding the ribbon, it will be osped.

That's fantastic. I saw rgl's in the Mount and gladius mod and it looked top notch. Tricky business of mine will be if I'm able to edit it to suit the job, but glad to hear that.

Terrific stuff, if I ever get to doing suctums again I'll be sure to build the textures off your work.  :smile:

Sahran said:
Terrific stuff, if I ever get to doing suctums again I'll be sure to build the textures off your work.  :smile:
It's an honor to have my shields modified. Hopefully, there'll be tons of patterns that people can make with it. For now though, here's my pattern. It's missing one thing and I couldn't paint the face of the Medusa because the picture didn't show a good angle of it.
squarescutum1.jpg

squarescutum2.jpg

The 40A.D scutum and the 10A.D scutums are more or less done so I'm releasing a small update. Later on, I will wrap up the 10B.C shield plus the Roman cavalry shield and fix the curvature of all of them.
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2359
mb14e.jpg
mb13h.jpg
mb15m.jpg
mb1vu.jpg
mb2i.jpg
mb3e.jpg

Looks damn fantastic!

Gothic, one trick I did for kuauik's shields was to isolate and remove the vanilla 'studs' and leather telamon straps that would be used to hold it onto the body when sheathed (or if you need it as well, for the hand to slip through). Then I export them separately and adjust them to fit his shields. If you do that, then name them "roman_scutum_whatever_its_called.1" or "____.2" and so on, you can make those studs/straps use the same vanilla texture and not have to add it to your own shields.

That's if you want it to have those straps, either for wearing 'on the body' or in the hand (Which I know wouldn't be accurate, they held it by the central grip, but since the animations don't allow that it's food for thought. :smile:).

Sahran said:
Looks damn fantastic!

Gothic, one trick I did for kuauik's shields was to isolate and remove the vanilla 'studs' and leather telamon straps that would be used to hold it onto the body when sheathed (or if you need it as well, for the hand to slip through). Then I export them separately and adjust them to fit his shields. If you do that, then name them "roman_scutum_whatever_its_called.1" or "____.2" and so on, you can make those studs/straps use the same vanilla texture and not have to add it to your own shields.

That's if you want it to have those straps, either for wearing 'on the body' or in the hand (Which I know wouldn't be accurate, they held it by the central grip, but since the animations don't allow that it's food for thought. :smile:).
I'm not using the straps on these models, but I might do so for IG, so thanks for the information.:smile:.

Glad to help. I have four of them (from large round shield, small round shield, and 1 of the pavise's and one of the kite's) if you want them already removed but it's easy to do otherwise.

What I did, since I wasn't in the mood to adjust the straps, was try and determine which of the existing strap designs looked best for the shield when it hangs on the back. Since for kite it's almost perfectly vertical, for pavise it's diagonalish, for round it's like 'to the side'.

Back
Top Bottom