Antiquity OSP 3D Art Classical Italian/Roman items - Read Last Post!

Which Armors shall Gothic Work on?

• Double belt Roman Hamata(Post Marian Reforms/Augustan Era)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Square Italian Breastplate?

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Pectoral Italian Breastplate?

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Gallic Hamata?

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm...... depends really on how many polies you're willing to spend. I do know of a technique to paint raised parts with fairly good results. I used them on my Spangenhelm I did for IG.... I supose I could make a quick tut.....

CounterPoint391 said:
Hmm...... depends really on how many polies you're willing to spend. I do know of a technique to paint raised parts with fairly good results. I used them on my Spangenhelm I did for IG.... I supose I could make a quick tut.....

Sure.

WIP 3- Crest base and crests made. I got a question to ask. When you're making the feathers, do you simply make a plane and texture it/erase the parts that aren't filled by the feather with an alpha channel? Other then that, I will be blind texturing the ridges on the helmet but the ridges on the neck guard will be painted via hard edging from uvmap.
93342979.jpg
WIP 4- Crest pieces added.
50341070.jpg
A Rome vs Etrusca MP mod would be cool. 
Maybe in the future. I'm mainly doing this to help out the community and improve my skills, plus I personally like this era.

Gothic Knight said:
WIP 3- Crest base and crests made. I got a question to ask. When you're making the feathers, do you simply make a plane and texture it/erase the parts that aren't filled by the feather with an alpha channel?
Yeah, I *think* that might be the best approach, but frankly, I don't know. :razz:

FrisianDude said:
Gothic Knight said:
WIP 3- Crest base and crests made. I got a question to ask. When you're making the feathers, do you simply make a plane and texture it/erase the parts that aren't filled by the feather with an alpha channel?
Yeah, I *think* that might be the best approach, but frankly, I don't know. :razz:
I think it is. The only problem will be the feather texturing, anywho, here's WIP 4.
51695107.jpg

I haven't been doing any work lately, but it also seems that nobody has been voting for the poll, so I might do a repoll later on. For now I'll be concentrating on IG again.

Nice!  I remember playing this old game called "Legion" by Strategy First and Paradox Interactive (though it might have been PE back then,) and putting togethor some kickass Etruscan armies.  It'd be sweet to see that gear in M&B. 

I can't find much now...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/legion/index.html
http://www.amazon.com/Legion-Pc/dp/B000065SQ5
http://www.strategyfirst.com/press/647-legion-goes-gold.html

It wasn't the best, and got poor reviews, but when you're 7 and playing it in the basement on your own PC for the first time, I guess anything is good.  Almost like a TW clone.   

Alright, here's the item I've been working on that will be released even though it's kinda irrelevant.

Augustan Age Scutum 10 B.C
Screenshots-
49516102.jpg
85433210.jpg
Renders-
1d8a8b05325746749148f00.jpg
841a65fa60fa4e5da7a63c6.jpg

I'll start to contemplate how to start on the Etrusco-Corinthian helm when my head stops banging.

Back
Top Bottom