Classes and their respective skills, health and level [Captain / Skirmish]

Users who are viewing this thread

But weapon proficiency is one thing, combat parameters are another.

Exactly. Im just wondering what the relationship between the two is, or even if there is any.

This isnt directed at you, but is just one example I could think of. Many of the early complaints have been about how spears do not do their job against cavalry quite as well as they should. They dont do enough damage to a horse that is sitting on top of the spearman, often dont stop horses consistently enough etc. Surely instead of tweaking combat parameters relating to spears and basically reinventing how they work, a solution would be to make the spearmen better at using the spears?

When you look at the stats for respective classes, the information we have certainly makes it appear that the infantry in the game have ONE THIRD the polearm proficiency of all the cavalry classes. If the proficiency is truly at 50, it really goes a long way to explain the difficulty infantry is having against cavalry and why spears are not doing enough against the horses.

If these stats are wrong, Taleworlds would be doing everybody an enormous favor to detail what the stats actually are. Its unfair to expect us to accurately test your game (what early access is for) when we dont have the information at our disposal to make sure the balance is they way Talewords is intending.

Im going to call bull**** on infantry only having 20 archery skill. The crosshair when firing is no different from any ranged class.
They are 20, like said you can check the xml files.

Not with the next patch. But later down the line. Don't know how did you get the stats but it seems some of them are wrong. Like Spear Infantry of Khuzait does not have 110 HP.
Yeah i know, i still have to make a double check but i fell asleep

They are 20, like said you can check the xml files.

Im not saying however you got the numbers is wrong. Im saying that the numbers are somehow not correctly being applied or are not being applied enough to make a noticeable difference. If 20 archery has nearly the same accuracy as 150 archery, the amount of accuracy loss with lower numbers needs to be reexamined.

Im not saying however you got the numbers is wrong. Im saying that the numbers are somehow not correctly being applied or are not being applied enough to make a noticeable difference. If 20 archery has nearly the same accuracy as 150 archery, the amount of accuracy loss with lower numbers needs to be reexamined.

Im super afk now so can’t check but it might be worthwhile trying to hit something real far away. That’s typically how I shoot, esp in sp or captain, like near the draw distance limit for projectiles. If they’re the same accuracy at range, then it’s probably safe to say the skills, or at least that skill in particular, is not utilized in game.

Yes it looks very odd, i might examine the skills a bit more

I got the same numbers (Typo on Clan Warrior having only 10 hp though.)
The way I understand it is the combat parameters set the rules for everyone, and then the proficiency is added onto that. It does seem to matter less than in singleplayer, maybe halved?
Could also be something preventing it from being in effect? I think the code for morale had some issues several patches ago where it didnt follow its own rules (I think thats fixed now)

Back
Top Bottom