Class Customization System: Bannerlord vs Warband

Do you prefer the Bannerlord class system or the Warband class system?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I like the whole idea of customizing classes in Warband, and I think best was made by Mercenaries Mod with everyone on same character level but you decide how much strength and agility you want, with tons of extra items (weps, armors).

that is what multiplayer should be imho

edit: also, still waiting for character height to have ANY KIND OF EFFECT. at this point, making smaller character gives you smaller target for enemy ranged, and thats all. just hilarious. make taller char stronger or something of logic, k thanks

I like the whole idea of customizing classes in Warband, and I think best was made by Mercenaries Mod with everyone on same character level but you decide how much strength and agility you want, with tons of extra items (weps, armors).

that is what multiplayer should be imho

edit: also, still waiting for character height to have ANY KIND OF EFFECT. at this point, making smaller character gives you smaller target for enemy ranged, and thats all. just hilarious. make taller char stronger or something of logic, k thanks
lol maybe stop ranting and actually start reading the forum

taller characters have more reach (kicking reach aswell which is kinda pretty strong) they can stab with their spear over smaller teammates aswell

just hilarious if you ask me

lol maybe stop ranting and actually start reading the forum

taller characters have more reach (kicking reach aswell which is kinda pretty strong) they can stab with their spear over smaller teammates aswell

just hilarious if you ask me

it wasn't a rant, and you don't need to be condescending, it makes you look really pathetic.
about the height thing- never really noticed reach difference, stabbing over smaller players is niche, and kicks are absolute garbage in this game with most weapons except for the fastest ones like some swords since the stun of the kick is very short and the counter attack needs to be super fast to actually fit into that stun, but ok. such amazing arguments, you surprise me

it wasn't a rant, and you don't need to be condescending, it makes you look really pathetic.
about the height thing- never really noticed reach difference, stabbing over smaller players is niche, and kicks are absolute garbage in this game with most weapons except for the fastest ones like some swords since the stun of the kick is very short and the counter attack needs to be super fast to actually fit into that stun, but ok. such amazing arguments, you surprise me
kicks are garbage ok

height difference tests

Last edited:

thanks for the link, interesting read that really just further adds to my argument.

"It's hard to tell whether or not height does affect kicking distance, but it would seem that it does, although only marginally."

next about reach: "There was a more noticeable difference this time around, although still smaller quite small."

about the ranged and higher char being bigger targets as I said previously, with also "There is also the matter of shield coverage being affected by height. Since shield size doesn't scale with character height, smaller characters will get more coverage."

I did completely miss the part where that thread says anything about kicks being of any good use in multiplayer (except with fastest 1h weapons and timed perfectly), or anything really more about kicks than the marginally longer kick reach for max height chars.

thanks for the link, interesting read that really just further adds to my argument.

"It's hard to tell whether or not height does affect kicking distance, but it would seem that it does, although only marginally."

next about reach: "There was a more noticeable difference this time around, although still smaller quite small."

about the ranged and higher char being bigger targets as I said previously, with also "There is also the matter of shield coverage being affected by height. Since shield size doesn't scale with character height, smaller characters will get more coverage."

I did completely miss the part where that thread says anything about kicks being of any good use in multiplayer (except with fastest 1h weapons and timed perfectly), or anything really more about kicks than the marginally longer kick reach for max height chars.
Did you watch DM vs gibby, kawaii Arni and those guys? DM used kicks as an offensive tool in a way that was incredibly OP

you were supposed to watch the DM match, where hairless played a max sized character...

6. they stated that they gonna nerf heavy infantry, there are meta picks because nothing is balanced
And this here is the problem. Heavy Infantry is essentially useless except for the occasional single pick in a niche. Unless things have changed over the last 3 weeks (I haven't played in that time), then nerfing heavy infantry sends them into the never used category. The whole game is Heavy Cav/Archer spam.
The game is still offering you more useless crap to play without any of the fun of messing around with unusual items.

5. i cant really comment on with which units you liked to troll around
What do you mean by "troll around"? Playing sub-optimal styles with unusual weapons doesn't mean I'm "trolling", as I still clearly top scoreboards. I like the challege, I like the customization, I like the fun of poking someone in their ankle with a long hafted spiked mace+shield and watching them get knocked over, it's unironically powerful. Spiked Staff + shield is good for developing kicking skills. "Trolling" has nothing to do with it.

8. here you can add whole new classes like sapper etc.
? You don't need a dedicated "sapper" class. Hypothetically, if you need a "sapper" class for whatever reason, just have the game programmed that infantry units on said maps, in said gamemode/s, have an extra equipment option like "sapper's toolkit", or whatever. You don't need to add a whole sapper class, that's counter-intuitive.

And this here is the problem. Heavy Infantry is essentially useless except for the occasional single pick in a niche. Unless things have changed over the last 3 weeks (I haven't played in that time), then nerfing heavy infantry sends them into the never used category. The whole game is Heavy Cav/Archer spam.
The game is still offering you more useless crap to play without any of the fun of messing around with unusual items.

What do you mean by "troll around"? Playing sub-optimal styles with unusual weapons doesn't mean I'm "trolling", as I still clearly top scoreboards. I like the challege, I like the customization, I like the fun of poking someone in their ankle with a long hafted spiked mace+shield and watching them get knocked over, it's unironically powerful. Spiked Staff + shield is good for developing kicking skills. "Trolling" has nothing to do with it.

? You don't need a dedicated "sapper" class. Hypothetically, if you need a "sapper" class for whatever reason, just have the game programmed that infantry units on said maps, in said gamemode/s, have an extra equipment option like "sapper's toolkit", or whatever. You don't need to add a whole sapper class, that's counter-intuitive.
6. Its not archer spam, but you can archer spam but this has more to do with class limits that arent forced on us anymore. By nerfing strong units the 100g ones should become viable.

5. your spiked mace clan warrior is the fastest unit in the game obv its easy to kick with it

8. if you want the sapper to have different tools like in nw, then you need an extra class. So every unit gets a music instrument and a flag aswell?Most people wont use these anyways.

Developers just contradict themselves with their so called snowballing reasoning. Most of the stuff they say doesn’t make much sense and you’d realize so just by playing the game that they don’t have a clue what makes multiplayer in warband tick, just like the previous game the community will handle it again

Developers just contradict themselves with their so called snowballing reasoning. Most of the stuff they say doesn’t make much sense and you’d realize so just by playing the game that they don’t have a clue what makes multiplayer in warband tick, just like the previous game the community will handle it again
sadly true

Mounted Archer
  • Cost reduced by 10 (150)
  • Spear Perk replaced by Stronger Arrows Perk

CRPG for native? get out of here please. Why would you make a fight unfair based on how much people grinded? It should be based on skill. If you think otherwise you are just bad and cant accept it tbh

CRPG for native? get out of here please. Why would you make a fight unfair based on how much people grinded? It should be based on skill. If you think otherwise you are just bad and cant accept it tbh

Going a bit far but i doubt anyone in their right mind would want taleworlds to even try and mimick cRPG, leave it to the modders who actually made it

I only enjoy captain and siege. 95% of my MP experience in captain because it is so much fun. I love being able to command units and coordinate movements and strategy with team.

I like the new class system. It is necessary for captain mode. It allows player to know what a unit is and how to counter. There are already so many combinations that it probably takes 100 hours to really know the ins and out of every unit and to counter. Too much customization would ruin the unique qualities of each class. Knowing these strengths and weaknesses also allows players to coordinate better with teammates by knowing how best to support them in battle. In siege I’m not opposed to a different system but don’t care either way.

Captain mode + Class System is the best new addition to Bannerlord.

It only makes sence in Captain because you operate a number of AI soldiers, its also just a 6v6 mode so i get it, it's not being played by so many players compared to siege and TDM. Skirmish makes so-so sence,but for every other mode, present and potential ones, premade classes is 2 steps back than loadout customization Warband had.

We have just had a glimpse of what the Reddit community thinks about it, and it fits the overall sentiment from the forums, and personal tete a tete impression people have with their friends who never post on any platform - people hate premade classes system and think the combat is sluggish and in a very bad state.

Last edited:
Captain mode + Class System is the best new addition to Bannerlord.
Pretty much everyone agrees that the new class system works for Captain's mode. What's totally unacceptable is that the entire rest of the game is saddled to this new class system, especially the modes like Siege and Battle, which is is objectively terrible for. They're still trying to get everything to use the same class system to the significant detriment of the rest of multiplayer. We requested that they created two different class systems, but they ignored us.

6. Its not archer spam, but you can archer spam but this has more to do with class limits that arent forced on us anymore. By nerfing strong units the 100g ones should become viable.

5. your spiked mace clan warrior is the fastest unit in the game obv its easy to kick with it

8. if you want the sapper to have different tools like in nw, then you need an extra class. So every unit gets a music instrument and a flag aswell?Most people wont use these anyways.
6: I said Cav and archer spam. The key point is that infantry in barely picked.

5: I was talking about Warband.

8: Why do you need that many different tools in Bannerlord? For what purpose? Catapults/towers/ladders are already there. You can create whatever class system you want in a NW clone, I don't care.

Pretty much everyone agrees that the new class system works for Captain's mode. What's totally unacceptable is that the entire rest of the game is saddled to this new class system, especially the modes like Siege and Battle, which is is objectively terrible for. They're still trying to get everything to use the same class system to the significant detriment of the rest of multiplayer. We requested that they created two different class systems, but they ignored us.

6: I said Cav and archer spam. The key point is that infantry in barely picked.

5: I was talking about Warband.

8: Why do you need that many different tools in Bannerlord? For what purpose? Catapults/towers/ladders are already there. You can create whatever class system you want in a NW clone, I don't care.
nw lets you spawn in with arty aswell for field battles, it gives the player far more options to be creative aswell. You could put ballistas at important spots, have throwable firepots etc.

nw lets you spawn in with arty aswell for field battles, it gives the player far more options to be creative aswell. You could put ballistas at important spots, have throwable firepots etc.

Napoleonic wars is completely different to native. Again it has been said before, the napoleonic wars had standardization of uniforms. It would be really weird to see regiments with all different uniforms.

Back
Top Bottom