Class Customization System: Bannerlord vs Warband

Do you prefer the Bannerlord class system or the Warband class system?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

IDr0wnFish

Fellow mount and blade players, please vote on this poll so that as a majority we can alert the devs to the direction we wish to see this game go.

I can see class system for captain mode but for siege and skirmish warbands system would be way better

In Bannerlord's TDM, I'm constantly having to juggle between what classes it will allow me to choose, and because the server resets after every match, I have to choose the desired perks for each troop I end up playing again and again. I also don't like that there are some troops where you have to choose between a shield and a spear (both are important). I thought pre-made classes would provide a decent minimum loadout.

In Warband's Deathmatch, I just selected the best armour and weapon-types in the equipment selection, and the server's gold minimum would mean I'd get at least a good enough loadout each time I spawned, and it would improve my loadout for me as I got more gold, so there was very little fuss and it was very convenient.

I imagine Warband's class system could have been kept, but with some improvements, such as a more decent loadout as default in the equipment selection.

The devs were "alerted" more than once months ago during the beta.
Polls already showed them players feedback. Results were the same, with a large majority of players asking them to bring back "custom classes".

Forget it, they just don't care.

cRPG is terrible for native. The progression system will only make it new people get rolled over all the time. The warband class system which had a very minimal "progression" was perfect for casual play.

This is the kind of poll or thread that has been sticking to bannerlord since the start of the game. And TW still believe that not listening to their community is the good way to go

cRPG is terrible for native. The progression system will only make it new people get rolled over all the time. The warband class system which had a very minimal "progression" was perfect for casual play.

This is the kind of poll or thread that has been sticking to bannerlord since the start of the game. And TW still believe that not listening to their community is the good way to go

What about everyone get the ''max level stats'' with the same endgame costumisation?
Also giving people the feel that they're playing ''their own build'' can stimulate new player to experiment new things and stick longer to the game.

I would vote for Crpg but eh... not one of these choices seems great

MULTIPLAYER CUSTOMIZATION THREAD - REPLY TO GIVE TRACTION

I would too. Actually, you can! The Devs do read our responses, and measures suggestion and feedback by how many players show their support and interest in this forum for the idea/feature itself. If a thread has enough 'traction', it'll get put into the top suggestions and feedback stickied, which they also look at.

I made a thread in the suggestion forum a little while back, if you wouldn't mind to check it out and reply in it to show interest, we would have a better chance of having a c-RPG-like customization system in Bannerlord; you find my thread here.

What about everyone get the ''max level stats'' with the same endgame costumisation?
Also giving people the feel that they're playing ''their own build'' can stimulate new player to experiment new things and stick longer to the game.

Yes, keep the stats like they are now in Bannerlord, or similar. The actual inventory and gold system in c-RPG is super fun and really makes you feel pride and joy when you buy new gear. If you can also implement players to select maybe perks or a set of skills it might not be too bad. Obviously we could test all of this, most importantly, in EA before it is released :smile:

Please read and check out these two suggestions threads about multiplayer; reply to give them traction. It's c-rpg and Strategus inspired stuff.
c-rpg customization in multiplayer - Strategus / singleplayer campaign in multiplayer (multiplayer campaign warfare).

This has been suggested before, a similar system like mordhau is what i think you're thinking about right? It looks decent but i still think a progression system isn't something native should have.

Despite how much i wouldn't want a cRPG system, i would still prefer it over this current one

This has been suggested before, a similar system like mordhau is what i think you're thinking about right? It looks decent but i still think a progression system isn't something native should have.

Despite how much i wouldn't want a cRPG system, i would still prefer it over this current one

I think otherwise.
I do believe that progression help a lot to get players to stick to the game. Working to get to a goal is important and even if people complain about it well atleast it give them something to go after. I don't think it has to be something that affect the game much, but it definitely give a sense as to why you keep playing. Im already at +/-600games on skirmish and I continue playingjust because I want to improve, but I can't see any non-competitive player enjoying what we got at the moment for more than 50 games.

Progression will always be important in a game to make it survive. If they don't use the chances they have to increase their playerbase there won't be any competitive scene. And you know what? this game has the potential to be competitive if they make the good decisions. It is also a big opportunity for them on a business level.

Last edited:
I think otherwise.
I do believe that progression help a lot to get players to stick to the game. Working to get to a goal is important and even if people complain about it well atleast it give them something to go after. I don't think it has to be something that affect the game much, but it definitely give a sense as to why you keep playing. Im already at +/-600games on skirmish and I continue playingjust because I want to improve, but I can't see any non-competitive player enjoying what we got at the moment for more than 50 games.

Progression will always be important in a game to make it survive. If they don't use the chances they have to increase their playerbase there won't be any competitive scene. And you know what? this game has the potential to be competitive if they make the good decisions. It is also a big opportunity for them on a business level.

Hear hear. I think the smartest and best thing TaleWorlds can do is to have both the class system remaining, and adding another mode allowing customization and progression.

New comers can easily jump into matches using the class system - effectively putting them on "the same level" as everyone else, allowing them to easier gain experience and learn the game. Then you have servers which are for progression and earning your own gold and equipment, where people go once they've learnt the basics and wants to have fun and be their own character in the game. Where legends are born and go to die.

This way TW would be able to best satisfy and meet any kind of player, and make them want to stay and play for the long run.

Warband. I want ability to theoretically max out every skill. Limitations should be soft caps, aka it should not be practical to get high skills in two handed weapons, polearms, crossbows, bows, throwing weapons and one handed weapons. In Warband it was arguably too easy in vanilla to become a god, but many mods made progress harder. Atm i have to choose between some skills/perks.

But i do like that we have to get good by actually doing the task, and i like focus points. Those should be kept. In Warband you could become best tactician in the world without ever leading an army, which is silly.

Also campaing's in Mount & Blade are long. If i regret my choice of focusing on crossbows, in Bannerlord i can't revert some decisions like how many bolts i can get at beginning of the battle, which is silly.

We all dreaming about stuff taleworlds is never going to introduce, hell they didn't even want to compromise on having their class system for competitive and the one from warband an option for custom games ?

same weapons and armors for everyone helps create the formations TW wanted to introduce.
it gives that serious and total war vibe.
but it sucks because i could not use my favorite weapon.
they should keep everything the same, but let us choose what we like for the secondary weapon
or just roll everything back like warband

Back
Top Bottom